Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm not personally convinced that this child is the future baby, but...I hope that's not the case, because that's way too sad.
    I read a theory somewhere that he'd be revealed as Don Allen, which I thought would be kinda neat. All of his conversations with Linda have really been signposting him to be Wally and Linda's third kid though.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    I read a theory somewhere that he'd be revealed as Don Allen, which I thought would be kinda neat. All of his conversations with Linda have really been signposting him to be Wally and Linda's third kid though.
    I would really hate that, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I would really hate that, though.
    I guess we'll have to see how Adams pulls off the reveal, hopefully it's something wholesome and not something bittersweet.

I'll be honest, there has been so much happening in these issues that the kid's been maybe third or fourth priority in my mind. There is a lot to wrap up in the final issue

I guess we'll have to see how Adams pulls off the reveal, hopefully it's something wholesome and not something bittersweet.

I'll be honest, there has been so much happening in these issues that the kid's been maybe third or fourth priority in my mind. There is a lot to wrap up in the final issue
    Well, I hope that Adams was able to convince editorial to let him do something good, and not horrible.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member

I think the Don Allen take might make some sense. He kind of hinted that he could learn and retain stuff at Superspeed so it might be implied that's where Bart gets it from.

I never thought about the theory that the kid is Wally's third kid. Man, I hope not. That is super sad.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Astonishing Member

It'd be weird because he doesn't look anything like Wally or Linda.

Yeah, he has brown hair. If he's Wally and Linda's son, wouldn't his hair be black like Linda and Jai or ginger like Wally and Irey? If he's Don though, his hair matches his mother Iris and his son Bart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he has brown hair. If he's Wally and Linda's son, wouldn't his hair be black like Linda and Jai or ginger like Wally and Irey? If he's Don though, his hair matches his mother Iris and his son Bart.
    That’s not how hair color genes work at all. Kids don’t need to have the same color as one of the parents.

It's far more likely though, if they don't match the colour likely came from a grandparent and it was a recessive gene.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That’s not how hair color genes work at all. Kids don’t need to have the same color as one of the parents.
    This is comics, though, and writers and artists tend to use shared hair color and other items of appearances to indicate relation.

This is comics, though, and writers and artists tend to use shared hair color and other items of appearances to indicate relation.
    In this case, if he's truly Wally and Linda's son, I imagine they made his hair brown to stand out from their other kids.

Incredible Member

Wouldn't it be funny if he is their son and just dyed his hair ?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Exactly. My Mom has naturally dark brown hair. My oldest brother has dark brown hair, the next bro has blonde hair, the next also has blonde and I have dark brown.

Incredible Member

I'm still not sure a pair of parents with (a) black hair of East Asian heritage and (b) red/blond hair of Caucasian heritage actually *can* have a kid with naturally brown hair. IIRC, red/blond is recessive, so for the kid to have sandy brown hair, he would need to inherit it from Linda, which would pretty much require her to be mixed race to have those genes in the mix, I think?

(Actually, not 100% sure it's likely for them to have a redhead either, given that if that's recessive, Irey would need to inherit all of her hair genes from Wally. Possible, but unlikely.)
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 03-28-2023 at 11:44 AM.