Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! I wonder if this spurred on this development in Rebirth:

Definitely part of their history and one of the longest will they/wont they relationships EVER lol. Of course I know it likely lasted all of that one panel as...he's married with kids again lol

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Definitely part of their history and one of the longest will they/wont they relationships EVER lol. Of course I know it likely lasted all of that one panel as...he's married with kids again lol
    Huh wonder if she regrets the what could have been losing out on him

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She definitely choose the wrong redhead. And I like Roy.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She definitely choose the wrong redhead. And I like Roy.
    And Terry Long is a redhead...omigod, Donna has a type .

lol, so does Dick - Babs and Kori are both also redheads.

Bleeding Cool has posted spoilers for Flash #790. The solicit for a future issue already mentioned there'd be casualties. spoilers:
    Wally's Aunt Iris is dead. Cue a Big No from Barry.
    end of spoilers
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/mour...poilers-ahead/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They've done this how many times already.

Though given that Barry was previously spared from "edgy 90s DC", is this the time when it's now his turn to go nuts and kill everybody.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-09-2023 at 01:41 PM.

spoilers:
    I don't buy it. I expect they'll bring her back by the end of the arc.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't buy it. I expect they'll bring her back by the end of the arc.
    end of spoilers
    Seconded. It doesn't seem Adams' style and it's been done. We'll see where things stand at the end of the story.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They've done this how many times already.

Though given that Barry was previously spared from "edgy 90s DC", is this the time when it's now his turn to go nuts and kill everybody.
    Flash was spared from 90's edginess in general, in fact it pretty much pulled the rest of DC out of it. Barry, however, went trough his edgy phase early (ironically, considering he's normally late), in the early 80's. Then he got in a big ass trial for it.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 01-09-2023 at 05:30 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Flash was spared from 90's edginess in general, in fact it pretty much pulled the rest of DC out of it. Barry, however, went trough his edgy phase early (ironically, considering he's normally late), in the early 80's. Then he got in a big ass trial for it.
    They put his ass on trial? Man, the 80's were edgier than I remembered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    They put his ass on trial? Man, the 80's were edgier than I remembered.
    The last few years of Barry's title were brutal. Iris was stalked and murdered by Thawne, Barry fell apart, got drugged by angel dust and attacked the JLA, found a new love interest who was also attacked by Thawne, Barry accidentally killed Thawne trying to save her, and ended up being put on trial. Dude went through a LOT.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The last few years of Barry's title were brutal. Iris was stalked and murdered by Thawne, Barry fell apart, got drugged by angel dust and attacked the JLA, found a new love interest who was also attacked by Thawne, Barry accidentally killed Thawne trying to save her, and ended up being put on trial. Dude went through a LOT.
    The irony is that Cary Bates did all that stuff in an attempt to modernize the character and convince dc editorial of the time to not kill him. Yet most people credit "trial of Barry Allen" as the reason for a supposed decline of popularity and the decision to kill him (it was not).
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 01-10-2023 at 12:22 AM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    AND got beat so bad by Big Sir that he got himself a new face - just in time to be shown in court with nobody knowing who the hell he was. (Not to worry, his face was put back to normal by future science!)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

As a kid, that issue of Barry's "Flash" book with Iris's death and Barry later going to the JLA to beg Superman, Hal, and Wonder Woman to help him bring Iris back, only to go crazy from Angel Dust and attack them was one of the random comics I had before I became a serious comic book fan. (Another random comic I had was Avengers #200. Had no idea there was any problem with the story there until I read the Marvel Handbook, Deluxe Edition, later in the 80's.)

How did that "Barry vs. the JLA" plot get resolved in the next issue, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol, so does Dick - Babs and Kori are both also redheads.

Bleeding Cool has posted spoilers for Flash #790. The solicit for a future issue already mentioned there'd be casualties. spoilers:
    Wally's Aunt Iris is dead. Cue a Big No from Barry.
    end of spoilers
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/mour...poilers-ahead/
    So I read the full issue…we so sure about this?

spoilers:
    I mean how do we even tell if Iris is actually dead if literally everyone but the Flash family appears to be frozen in time? She could literally just be frozen in Barry’s arms because of time stop, sure she got hit with some rubble but it’s a bit ambiguous isn’t it?
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.