Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    The Fraction didn't freeze people...I think the world is standing still because when the Fraction attacks at super speed all of the speedsters automatically kick into high gear so the rest of the world seems frozen to them. It's happened many times before. I am surprised how many readers thought the Fraction froze them.
    I guess this will make itself clear next issue.

Anyway, I got caught into pointless rambling about continuity and forgot to say this was a fantastic issue, great beginning to what it's apparently going to be the epic and dramatic arc I thought this run needed.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Anyway, I got caught into pointless rambling about continuity and forgot to say this was a fantastic issue, great beginning to what it's apparently going to be the epic and dramatic arc I thought this run needed.
    I liked it a lot, despite it being mostly set-up.

On a side-note: Roger Cruz should be comissioned to do reference sheets for the Flash family. Ace and Jesse never looked that good, as minimal as his adjustments were. The boots on Jesse were a stroke of genius.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I didn't notice her boots until you pointed out.The art is great, it just fit the character imo.

Funny how the first issue didnt had any of the main Flashes in costume.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its funny how some people are assuming this to be an event comic when its just major albeit contained story arc.

People are so used to event and crossover stories that the idea of a perfectly self-contained story in comic is kinda confusing.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I read the full issue…we so sure about this?

spoilers:
    I mean how do we even tell if Iris is actually dead if literally everyone but the Flash family appears to be frozen in time? She could literally just be frozen in Barry’s arms because of time stop, sure she got hit with some rubble but it’s a bit ambiguous isn’t it?
    end of spoilers
    That's a very, very good point. It would be pretty much impossible to tell until they slowed down.

Fun first issue of the big arc, though, even if I'm not entirely sold on the art.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    That's a very, very good point. It would be pretty much impossible to tell until they slowed down.

Fun first issue of the big arc, though, even if I'm not entirely sold on the art.
    Is the artist the same for all issues?

Astonishing Member

All I'll say is remember what happened the last time this happened.

Might be how we fix some of Barry's messy timeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    All I'll say is remember what happened the last time this happened.

Might be how we fix some of Barry's messy timeline.
    He got really sad and went on a PCP-fueled rampage?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    He got really sad and went on a PCP-fueled rampage?
    To be fair, the PCP wasn't his fault! He didn't take it on purpose.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I liked it a lot, despite it being mostly set-up.
    Because it was fantastic set-up. It creates expectation. The enemy feels truly threatening and the idea of showing the arrival of The Fraction from multiple point of views to present what each character is up to is genius and gives the story a big yet personal scope. It had a kind of apocalyptic "Independence Day" feel to it lol. You really feel some real shit is happening by the end of the issue in a way I haven't in a long time with these comics. Can't wait to see what's next!

The idea of time "stopping" for them while they see the arrival of The Fraction is fantastic. What I love about this whole One Minute War concept is how it plays strongly into the uniqueness of The Flash. You couldn't really tell this kind of story with any other character.
    Last edited by Maxi; 01-12-2023 at 08:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    To be fair, the PCP wasn't his fault! He didn't take it on purpose.
    I know. I just always find that story so odd and kind of hilarious.

BANNED

I think the art is cool. It definitely agrees with me more than Pasarin. Pasarin isn't a bad artist, and I appreciate the detail he brings with his work, but I never got on with how he draws faces or figures. So, essentially people. And it's been like that for me since Green Lantern Corps and Batgirl.

I liked seeing Barry Allen pull a Darth Vader-style "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" at the end. I like how cliche and cheesy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I know. I just always find that story so odd and kind of hilarious.
    When I first read it as a kid I was heartbroken. lol. The whole story...from 270 to 284.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    When I first read it as a kid I was heartbroken. lol. The whole story...from 270 to 284.
    Overall, it's a very sad story, for sure. I didn't actually read all that stuff until recently so as an adult, I just find the idea of the Flash on PCP sort of morbidly funny.

Preview of the next issue is already out: https://comicbookdispatch.com/the-flash-791-preview/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.