Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    The fact that Williamson is using Mia, Arrowette, Brick and Merlyn is enough to make me excited about his work. Peacemaker is also an interesting choice (better than the predictable and unnecessary Deathstroke).

... On the other hand, he's also apparently using Onomatopeia (who was always off as a Green Arrow villain) and Percy's Count Vertigo (who might be the worst Count Vertigo ever) so, who knows what to expect?

Meh, always thought that Judd Winick wrote a better Roy than Grayson.
    Is he using them though? The family photo we got for WW was just for show and half of them barely appeared

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Could be worse. It could've been by Bendis.
    That would had been a nightmare.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Is he using them though? The family photo we got for WW was just for show and half of them barely appeared
    This is Williamson we're talking about though. If he's teasing these (and based on some of his interviews), it will be because he's going to explore the a lot of (if not the whole) Green Arrow continuity which is something that I always wanted since people barely touch it.

Roy is looking good back in that costume. Very unexpected.

I wonder if Onomatopoeia will have a connection to Cheshire, Lian & Roy. He played a role in Future State Catwoman while Lian was Cheshire and he's near them in this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This is Williamson we're talking about though. If he's teasing these (and based on some of his interviews), it will be because he's going to explore the a lot of (if not the whole) Green Arrow continuity which is something that I always wanted since people barely touch it.
    Williamson said everything in the cover is relevant to his run.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's possible I guess, I usually boil it down to interpretation
    I think you're ignoring the connection with the resurrecting Oliver thing.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

That is a really good cover

Also hey Onomatopoeia is back, love that guy

I don't know why Parallax would come into play unless they want to play on Ollie's resurrection and Quiver or they have a crossover planned with Hal's book.

Wish Eddie Fyers was there. Or did New 52 radically change him into another character?

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Wish Eddie Fyers was there. Or did New 52 radically change him into another character?
    He was in Rebirth as a villain, but with Connor back, you never know.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know why Parallax would come into play unless they want to play on Ollie's resurrection and Quiver or they have a crossover planned with Hal's book.
    It seems to me that they are, at least thematically.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Rebirth did. Ben Percy did more especifically.

And all for the worse of course since for some reason Percy mixed up Eddie Fyers with Constantine Drakon portraying him as an over-the-top assassin instead of the more grounded character from Mike Grell's work.

Extraordinary Member

Lian being still about Damian age will help sell that the titans esp the fab five are late 20 or even actually early 30s.

Can’t be 25 year old man with a 13/14 without implying somthing gross and awful

Also that’s a lot of archers

Always Rakzo

Further thoughts about this.

Onomatopeia... *sigh*, this is NOT a Green Arrow villain. If there's something that should be common for GA is that his rogue's gallery should be relatively grounded and mentally stable, something that Onomatopeia clearly is not, he's basically a Batman villain (which is the least that GA needs) and I'm pretty sure that was Kevin Smith's intention with him since he later used him constantly for his Batman work.

Peacemaker is definitely intriguing and the first thing that came to my mind was "This is interesting but why not use Deadshot?" (Who is still a better choice than Deathstroke and a much more fitting antagonist for GA) and it immediately hit me, he was unceremoniously killed in Tom Taylor's cursed Suicide Squad run, another thing to thank him for.

About Diggle, he's mostly meh. I don't hate the character but I don't like him either, it still feels like he was forced into the comics because of the Arrow show and, since that show is over and its universe is about to close, he's pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. Not to mention that anything that Andrew Kreisberg created is more toxic than ever now after later revelations about him although I guess it could have been worse, they could have included Felicity instead (or God forbid, Cupid. I guess we got pretty lucky all things considered).

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Also that’s a lot of archers
    I mean, where else should they go?

Is Felicity the Oracle-esque girlfriend in the CW show?

I always thought she was exactly how Oracle looked in my head minus red hair and differently abledness of course.