Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Williamson said everything in the cover is relevant to his run.
    I just remembered Williamson's Flash run was intended to cover the Flash family but was fully prevented from doing so due to the various editorial interference surrounding Wally and Bart.

So hopefully Williamson has a better time with the Arrow family here.

Always Rakzo

A few concerns aside, if Williamson is really able to go deep into the history of the character this will be the most invested I've been in Green Arrow in quite a while and I mean QUITE a while since I haven't really enjoyed anything he has been in since Jeff Lemire left the title (aside from some appearances here and there).

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Is Felicity the Oracle-esque girlfriend in the CW show?
    Yep, imagine Oracle just a million times more annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    A few concerns aside, if Williamson is really able to go deep into the history of the character this will be the most invested I've been in Green Arrow in quite a while and I mean QUITE a while since I haven't really enjoyed anything he has been in since Jeff Lemire left the title (aside from some appearances here and there).

Yep, imagine Oracle just a million times more annoying.
    I always thought that that she was really Oracle and a Batman show was coming. Not was I ever wrong!

Why or how is she annoying?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Why or how is she annoying?
    She has some of the cringiest jokes ever and it doesn't help that most of them were written by Andrew Kreisberg who is known for being a godawful writer (Then again, he did worse before with, ugh, Cupid).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Further thoughts about this.

Onomatopeia... *sigh*, this is NOT a Green Arrow villain. If there's something that should be common for GA is that his rogue's gallery should be relatively grounded and mentally stable, something that Onomatopeia clearly is not, he's basically a Batman villain (which is the least that GA needs) and I'm pretty sure that was Kevin Smith's intention with him since he later used him constantly for his Batman work.

Peacemaker is definitely intriguing and the first thing that came to my mind was "This is interesting but why not use Deadshot?" (Who is still a better choice than Deathstroke and a much more fitting antagonist for GA) and it immediately hit me, he was unceremoniously killed in Tom Taylor's cursed Suicide Squad run, another thing to thank him for.
    Peacemaker is a pretty interesting inclusion. As you put it the typical choices would have been D-Stroke or D-Shot but both those guys are essentially Batman villains plus both are overexposed, at least in Slade's case.

Peacemaker though despite his ascension to prominence is still pretty fresh-faced. He's only been in Suicide Squad titles so Peace hasn't had time to develop any notable rivalries or relationships with other heroes beyond tangling with Swamp-Thing in a crossover with Swampy and Suicide Squad. He hasn't even interacted with Batman yet to my knowledge.

So this is a decent opportunity for GA to develop his own relationship with a new rival villain before even Batman has a chance.

I made a mistake, wrong post
    Last edited by Felipe Silveira; 01-04-2023 at 09:19 PM.

What exactly was better about Winnick's Roy?

Further thoughts about this.

Onomatopeia... *sigh*, this is NOT a Green Arrow villain. If there's something that should be common for GA is that his rogue's gallery should be relatively grounded and mentally stable, something that Onomatopeia clearly is not, he's basically a Batman villain (which is the least that GA needs) and I'm pretty sure that was Kevin Smith's intention with him since he later used him constantly for his Batman work.

Peacemaker is definitely intriguing and the first thing that came to my mind was "This is interesting but why not use Deadshot?" (Who is still a better choice than Deathstroke and a much more fitting antagonist for GA) and it immediately hit me, he was unceremoniously killed in Tom Taylor's cursed Suicide Squad run, another thing to thank him for.

About Diggle, he's mostly meh. I don't hate the character but I don't like him either, it still feels like he was forced into the comics because of the Arrow show and, since that show is over and its universe is about to close, he's pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. Not to mention that anything that Andrew Kreisberg created is more toxic than ever now after later revelations about him although I guess it could have been worse, they could have included Felicity instead (or God forbid, Cupid. I guess we got pretty lucky all things considered).

I mean, where else should they go?
    Diggle would hardly be the first character who had the bad luck of being created by an awful person. I don't see that as adequate reason to get rid of him when characters created by people just as bad or worse have stuck around. Kreisberg wasn't the only one involved in Diggle's creation anyway.

Rebirth did. Ben Percy did more especifically.

And all for the worse of course since for some reason Percy mixed up Eddie Fyers with Constantine Drakon portraying him as an over-the-top assassin instead of the more grounded character from Mike Grell's work.
    Drakon would probably have been too OP for that run from what I remember.
    I think he fits fine with Batman but I don't automatically discredit him as a GA Rogue. I don't think needing to be "grounded" or "mentally stable" is a requirement for a modern GA Rogue, especially looking at some of the guys in the cover.
    What happened to his zombie in Task Force Z?
    About Diggle, he's mostly meh. I don't hate the character but I don't like him either, it still feels like he was forced into the comics because of the Arrow show and, since that show is over and its universe is about to close, he's pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. Not to mention that anything that Andrew Kreisberg created is more toxic than ever now after later revelations about him although I guess it could have been worse, they could have included Felicity instead (or God forbid, Cupid. I guess we got pretty lucky all things considered).
    I'm reminded of Williamson planning to bring in Harrison Wells initially in his Flash run, though I'm sure Williamson has plans for Diggle even if it feels like he'd easily get lost in the shuffle of the costumed archers.

I think he fits fine with Batman but I don't automatically discredit him as a GA Rogue. I don't think needing to be "grounded" or "mentally stable" is a requirement for a modern GA Rogue, especially looking at some of the guys in the cover.
    Yeah, if being mentally unstable disqualifies you as a Green Arrow villain, Cheshire and Peacemaker shouldn't be there either.

I'm reminded of Williamson planning to bring in Harrison Wells initially in his Flash run, though I'm sure Williamson has plans for Diggle even if it feels like he'd easily get lost in the shuffle of the costumed archers.
    If anything, Oliver's group of allies could use less archery focused characters.

Love seeing all these characters again. Only Arrowette's inclusion is a bit much. I don't recall her being connected to the Green Arrow family and her character arc ended in the OG Young Justice.
    But it's refreshing to see Mia, Liam, Roy and Connor on the same book again.

Always Rakzo

Drakon would probably have been too OP for that run from what I remember.
    Um, no. Fyers there was pretty much an exact copy of Constantine Drakon, from personality and fighting skills.

The funny thing is that Percy realized his mistake and actually brought Drakon at the very end of his run... only to be quickly defeated by Black Canary's Canary Cry so yeah, not too OP and quite the salt to the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, if being mentally unstable disqualifies you as a Green Arrow villain, Cheshire and Peacemaker shouldn't be there either.
    That's what I meant by "relatively". Onomatopeia is a completely insane individual who is perfectly in-line with other Batman villains.

The only thing that creates a connection with Green Arrow is that Smith wanted him to have a target in his frikking face.

What happened to his zombie in Task Force Z?
    I don't know, I quit that book after the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What exactly was better about Winnick's Roy?
    Winick's Roy was basically a better version of Ollie as it should be.

Diggle would hardly be the first character who had the bad luck of being created by an awful person. I don't see that as adequate reason to get rid of him when characters created by people just as bad or worse have stuck around. Kreisberg wasn't the only one involved in Diggle's creation anyway.
    Never said I wanted him out, I just said he was pretty pointless.

Peacemaker's inclusion is interesting given his appearance in that Dark Crisis epilogue. Could this be connected? Seems odd since Waller's war is with metas and Oliver is not. Might he be looking to recruit Oliver to their side since he's been known to be critical of metas? Or maybe there won't be any connection at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Love seeing all these characters again. Only Arrowette's inclusion is a bit much. I don't recall her being connected to the Green Arrow family and her character arc ended in the OG Young Justice.
    But it's refreshing to see Mia, Liam, Roy and Connor on the same book again.
    But isn't her mother, the Miss Arrowette, Bonnie King (Even her name is made to match the Ollie Queen's name!), a character from the Green Arrow Comics? She now has a statue in Arrow Cave! honestly I think this is cool

Last edited by Lucas 35; 01-05-2023 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    But isn't her mother, the Miss Arrowette, Bonnie King (Even her name is made to match the Ollie Queen's name!), a character from the Green Arrow Comics? She now has a statue in Arrow Cave! honestly I think this is cool

I honestly wasn't aware of the connection, but I do still hope the other characters like Mia that have bigger connections to GA have larger roles

Wasn't Ollie dead when Cissie was active as a hero?

I assume Williamson plans to bring her into the fold or at least address the Bonnie King connection.

Apparently there was fan theories that Cissie was actually Ollie's kid.
    Um, no. Fyers there was pretty much an exact copy of Constantine Drakon, from personality and fighting skills.

The funny thing is that Percy realized his mistake and actually brought Drakon at the very end of his run... only to be quickly defeated by Black Canary's Canary Cry so yeah, not too OP and quite the salt to the wound.
    Well, that was a bit of a bummer .
    That's what I meant by "relatively". Onomatopeia is a completely insane individual who is perfectly in-line with other Batman villains.

The only thing that creates a connection with Green Arrow is that Smith wanted him to have a target in his frikking face.
    I mean, every Rogues Gallery has a few crazies, it's not just Batman. And doesn't he have a secret family that he's, presumably, pretty stable and normal with? Like he could be anyone?
    Never said I wanted him out, I just said he was pretty pointless.
    Maybe he'll be like a government liaison or source of information/missions for Team Arrow.