Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default HAVOK, aleX summers, marvel comiX mutant cosmic neXus appreciation 2023

X-Men: A Powerful Mutant is Quitting the Team at the Worst Possible Time, @CBR.com

A veteran member of the X-Men is seriously considering leaving the team - and depriving Krakoa of a powerful mutant during a very dangerous time.

BY BRANDON ZACHARY, PUBLISHED 3 DAYS AGO

Warning
    The following contains spoilers for Dark Web: X-Men #2, on sale now from Marvel Comics.

Marvel's X-Men have rarely ever been completely without drama. Even at their most unified, such as the current Krakoa Era, there has been plenty of in-fighting and tension within the mutant population. That lingering stress might even be set to disrupt the current X-Men roster at the worst time possible.

Dark Web: X-Men #2 (by Gerry Duggan, Rod Reis, Phil Noto, and VC's Cory Petit) reveals that Havok is seriously considering...
    spoilers:
    leaving the X-Men. While this may end up being the best thing he can do for himself, it could set him up to potentially become a calming influence on one of the architects of the demon-heavy crossover. However, the resignation of a powerful mutant hero could not come at a worse time for Krakoa.
    end of spoilers

Why Havok Wants to Leave The X-Men

Cyclops and Havok have a long-standing sibling rivalry that always seems to rear its ugly head in X-Men stories. While the two love each other, it's never long before they end up butting heads over some issue -- which is even technically how Havok made it onto the current X-Men roster to begin with. After being elected to the new squad alongside Forge, Cyclops and Havok have been quick to trade blows, with the latter even accidently risking the entire planet when an outburst almost unleashed the Children of the Vault. This has only gotten more pronounced in Dark Web, which has drawn on the history both Summers men have with Madelyne Pryor, aka the Goblin Queen.

After being given the throne of Limbo from Magik in New Mutants, Pryor has been scheming against her enemies on Krakoa. This has landed both Cyclops and Havok in her dungeon, where the pair...
    spoilers:
    can't stop themselves from bickering even while trying to come up with a plan of escape. Havok offers to help Madelyne in a genuinely sweet gesture, seemingly still convinced that his ex-lover can find peace in some way. As Havok reveals he's in therapy and announces his intention to leave the X-Men, Madelyne decides to consider his offer. After she leaves, Havok confirms to Cyclops that he was telling the truth -- and that he's been increasingly thinking about leaving the team. He still wants to help people, putting his experience as both an X-Man and Avenger to good use. But he doesn't need to be on his brother's team -- as Havok believes they're actually in a fine place emotionally -- and instead wants to help in other ways.
    end of spoilers

How Havok's Decision Could Impact The X-Men

On the one hand, it's nice to see Havok make these kinds of developments. Alex Summers has always had a rough time in the Marvel Universe, frequently shifting morality and never quite escaping his brother's shadow. Most recently, his time on the Hellions highlighted the unstable side to his personality that, if left unrestrained, could cause serious pain and problems. Havok's offer to...
    spoilers:
    help Madelyne might be the best place for him, as his own understanding and empathy for her could make him one of the few mutants capable of reaching Madelyne on an emotional level. Ending Dark Web by leaving the X-Men and remaining in Limbo with her could be the best way for Havok to help the world, bringing a loyal hero to the demonic realm and helping ensure Madelyne doesn't target the rest of the Marvel Universe again.

The problem is that this could be coming at a very dangerous time for the X-Men, when the mutant nation will likely need all hands on deck. The mutant government has been increasingly splintering apart under a litatny of in-fighting and back-stabbing, on top of the machinations of their enemies finally taking shape. Events like Sins of Sinister and Fall of X could end up breaking Krakoa in a permanent way, potentially ending the period of advancement mutants have been thriving in. Havok leaving the X-Men could cause more chaos -- especially if he remains on Krakoa but tries to form a different team of X-Men, potentially upending the unifying force that the current incarnation of the team has been largely defined as. While leaving the X-Men might be the right move for Havok to make on a personal level, it could not come at a worse time for the mutant heroes.
    end of spoilers

A... turning point? Perhaps even more meta... for me personally, than it already is?
    We shall see, as time will tell.

I'll edit to remove the spoiler tags eventually, after a bit. Probably by this Wednesday, 1/4/23, when the neXt, new releases hit.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-01-2023 at 06:40 AM.

BANNED

BANNED

David Nakayama 🔜 Maui Comic Con @DavidNakayama
    https://twitter.com/DavidNakayama/st...96030094286850
    Classic uniform and homaging Jim Lee’s iconic X-Tinction Agenda cover of course.😄👍 Enjoy!

BANNED

And 1 of my FAVORITE fanart pcs., maybe even MOST, from the recent...

https://twitter.com/KylerClodfelter/...81773384560645
    Kyler Clodfelter
    @KylerClodfelter

#inktober2022 DAY 3 - Havok

#xmentober

I just LOVE... the aesthetic design of it all - it's SPECTACULAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Oof, I can't take him! That article is very interesting and offers some good food for thought. I hope Alex is one of the names Jordan couldn't say during the latest interview regarding who fans will be talking about this year. Now I'm imaging a team of X-Men representing Limbo. Oof!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

The X-Men's Goblin Prince is Back (And Sexier Than Ever) in Spider-Man's Dark Web, @CBR.com

The Goblin Prince has been dragged back into an old role that he had been trying so hard to shed, and the situation is starting to look even worse.

BY JOHN DODGE, PUBLISHED 6 DAYS AGO

Warning
    The following contains spoilers for Dark Web: X-Men #1, available now from Marvel Comics.

Marvel's Goblin Queen, Madelyne Pryor, has joined forces with Ben Reilly, aka Chasm, to cast a dark, ominous shadow over Peter Parker. However, he isn't the only one caught in their web. Alex Summers, better known as Havok, has jumped headfirst into the action only to be caught in Madelyne's clutches all over again. Worse still, she has thrust him back into the one role he has worked tirelessly to escape, no matter how good he looks as the Goblin Prince.

When demonic hordes of possessed objects turn Manhattan into a living nightmare, Magik immediately recognizes them as those belonging to the current Queen of Limbo. Together with Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Havok, she travels to Limbo in the hopes of confronting Madelyne about her latest attack on Earth. As seen in Dark Web: X-Men #1 (by Gerry Duggan, Rod Reis, Tom Muller, Jaw Bowen, and VC's Cory Petit), the heroes don't get far before ending up as Madelyne's prisoners, though it is only Havok who also ends up undergoing a drastic wardrobe change because of it.

The X-Men's Goblin Prince is Back - But Not by Choice

It was during Madelyne's first demonic invasion of Earth in 1988's Uncanny X-Men #239 (by Chris Claremont and Marc Silvestri) that she and Havok found themselves falling in love over their shared trauma. After joining Madelyne in Limbo, Alex eventually shed his former moniker for that of the Goblin Prince. Like Madelyne, he took on a scantily clad look for his transformation.

While Alex did have genuine feelings for Madelyne, they were always undercut by her failed marriage to his brother Scott, aka Cyclops. As a clone of Jean, it was almost certain that Madelyne would end up with Scott. When the real Jean returned, however, their relationship was just as doomed to fall apart. After being abandoned by Scott, she was understandably enraged, and Alex shared both her anger and disappointment towards his brother. Those feelings have obviously subsided in the years since, although it doesn't seem the same could be said for what Madelyne feels toward Alex.

Madelyne Pryor's Grudge Against the X-Men

Unless this is just Madelyne's way of humiliating Alex, the fact that she has reduced his current costume to a barely-there homage to his Goblin Prince duds is more than a little unsettling. Then again, it would make plenty of sense for her to want to shame him, as their relationship ended about as well as any other she has had.

Whatever the case may be, this absolutely indicates that Madelyne still bears more than one grudge against the X-Men. It also makes things look even worse for everyone else involved, as being forced to relive the past can only mean agony.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-01-2023 at 10:00 AM.

Happy New Year Alex Havok!

Happy New Year 2023 PolarIceFire my Friend!

Happy New Year to all!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Happy New Year to Alex and fans .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oof, I can't take him! That article is very interesting and offers some good food for thought. I hope Alex is one of the names Jordan couldn't say during the latest interview regarding who fans will be talking about this year. Now I'm imaging a team of X-Men representing Limbo. Oof!
    Right?! More than a few times since Dauterman's HfG redesign, I've seen the word...
    (Rough?)
    “Trade”
    attributed.

... SO, let's switch gears & apply some...
    Go-Go Enslavement: Havok wakes up in a tattered, revealing outfit after he and most of the other X-Men are captured by Maddy.
    Cyclops: Wait... what are you wearing?!
    Havok: Gimme a break. I woke up like this.
    LEVITY, by way of...

SOME SERIOUS...

seXXXing...
    AleX Pettyfer as Adam
    as He dance like . . . 8D 8D 8D

UP!🥵🤤🍑🍌🍒👅

Again, like “Poppers” in the 1st 1/2 of that latest, CBR header image above, if y'know... you know. 😏😋😉

And like I told ya in 1 of our recent PM eXchanges:
    PLUS, I'm not jokin', I'm really, REALLY gettin' into his character. With DW, it feels like it's eXploding! Just talkin' about him now, gets me thinkin' about him, and get distracted. He's like my new muse, and I've moved beyond fascination, to just... WOW, I can't even think of a proper way to say what it's become. I can't wait to try & start drawin' him, that's why I've been lookin' for actors/models, to find & use the right one as a reference. I have a tendency toward makin' faces look the same, and I want to get away from doing that.
    From Chris Evans, already the F4's Torch & of course, Steve Rogers, to (GONE FAR 2 SOON) Paul Walker (R.I.P.), I think...
    I may've found him, in this AleX Pettyfer. Who @ 32 now may be a li'l old, but @ 5' 11" & 174 lbs. + THAT LOOK 🥵...
    has a lot of the right A$$ets. 🤤👅

I sure hope you're on the $ w/his character being 1 of JDW's unmentionables that's to have a BIG YEAR, 2, alongside Emma, Cap'n Kate, & mmm, our BOY...
    BOBBY (app thread forthcoming tonight is planned BTW, if somebody doesn't get to it 1st, at which point I would just add to it, like Polaris' & the House of M)

YES, I've already mentioned a Hellions Vol. II, and it being str8 out of Limbo w/who knows--only the Devil?!--on the (X?)team is another shot in the arm...
    against him as Capt Krakoa in Uncanny A/Mighty X(?).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Happy New Year Alex Havok!

Happy New Year 2023 PolarIceFire my Friend!

Happy New Year to all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Alex and fans 8).
    Happy NEW YEAR, Phoenixx9 & Frontier!! And to ALL X-Men, Marvel, & comiX/superhero/MCU/animation/Sci-fi-Fantasy-Genre FANS, EVERYWHERE!!!

Dark Web X-Men 2 (of 3) Baldeon Variant, @VandalComX.com