Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    ... this is... HAV0K's thread!!

Same here, most definitely, his appearance in combination w/
    that power set is a pretty signature -- and iconic -- visual.

Havok vs Joe FiXit, @GreenFists.wordpress.com
    Located this on DeviantArt. Thought it was really cool. Too bad it ain’t longer.
    You can check out the rest of his stuff here: http://kazemb.deviantart.com
    THANK YOU, PX9!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    ... That Havok fighting Hulk and the one fighting Abomination are Great! You can feel the power coming out of Havok!!
    AGREED, they're both REALLY AWESOME, especially that 1st, fan-made one against Mr. FiXit - I LOVE it!! Absolutely, he RADIATES it!

And speaking of, per recent OT discussion, I found this:
    Scientists from Stanford and Princeton weigh in on Havok's power set!

BY JOSH WEISS, Published March 12, 2019

The mutant called Alex Summers is celebrating his 50th birthday after making his debut in 1969’s UNCANNY X-MEN #54. And just a few issues later, Alex would eventually become the X-Men team member known as “Havok.” ...

Professor Mark A. Cappelli, head of the Plasma Physis Lab at Stanford University!

“[The comics] suggest that the mechanism is that he harvests cosmic energy (e.g., gamma, etc.) and that the body metabolizes it to somehow generate electromagnetic energy that radiates from his body,” ponders Dr. Cappelli. "What [I understand is that] Havok radiates this beam from his chest and the beam ionizes the air. This is where the plasma comes in—it does not exude from his chest but is formed by the EM waves emanating from his chest.”

In the comics, Alex came to realize that was indeed extremely powerful; the only problem was that he couldn’t initially control his mutation. For example, he destroyed an entire Egyptian temple without meaning to and feared what his repurposed cosmic energy could do to an innocent human. His hero name, Havok, refers to the amount of chaos he can create simply by tapping into the rays that give him his power.

“It is true that intense EM energy can ionize air (for example, high tension wires will ‘hum’ because of the EM waves traveling along them—this hum is the corona ionization of the air,” Cappelli continues. “If you take a long-exposure image of a high voltage line that is humming at night you will see a faint glow). How the ionized air forms a directed beam is unclear.” ...

“As is the case for many of these characters, the creative mine produces some fantastic scenarios that are not backed up by the physics (but make for good entertainment!),” Cappelli concludes. “One might suggest that his body, during the metabolism of the cosmic energy, charges up positively to direct the positive air ions (N2+ - ionized nitrogen molecules or O2+ oxygen) to the target. But then one has to concoct a mechanism for this charging. But in this way, he forms an ion beam and not a plasma. Another possibility is that this electromagnetic wave is so intense that it generates a pondermotive force on the plasma as well.”

Following a deal with Larry Trask (son of Bolivar Trask, creator of the Sentinels), Alex donned his iconic super suit with the spiraled white circle in the chest area that allows him to channel his plasma blasts. The concentric circles on the suit allowed Alex to measure his energy input and notified him when he needed to “cool down.” Trask gave him the name of Havok, which Alex considered to be a bit “corny.” When Larry broke his promise to leave mutants like Polaris alone, Havok destroyed a neo-Sentinel.

For further intel into the hero's power, Patrick Crumley, the outreach coordinator of the astrophysics department at Princeton University, polled his department for a way in which plasma could be used a weapon similar to Havok’s mutation. The following explanation was provided:

“Plasma would be shot out using something like a plasma rail gun, and the ball of plasma that would propagate is called a spheromak, basically something that looks like a smoke ring but is made of plasma.” Science!

I also LOVE...

the "HUMMING" sound they gave his powers, like a... jet engine, is the only thing I can think of.

I wonder if we will see Alex in the later-this-year X-Men '97?

If we do, I would love to see Havok go all white for an ultimate power blast like in that video.

Would this be for when Alex is out in space? He might be super-charged all the time if in space! I wonder if they ever showed this in comics?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Gonna have to answer this post intermittently.

I wonder if we will see Alex in the later-this-year X-Men '97?...
    That would be MY HOPE, of course. BUT speculation is swirling in the rumor mill that:
    Marvel Might Delay More Than Half of Its Disney+ Series Planned for 2023, @CBR.com
    ... According to The Direct, a Disney+ Japan blog post has revealed that the three shows still on schedule for a 2023 launch are Secret Invasion, Loki Season 2 and Ironheart. The post excludes several other Disney+ shows Marvel announced for a potential 2023 launch at San Diego Comic-Con, namely What If...? Season 2, which had announced an early 2023 premiere; Echo, which was originally aiming for summer 2023 before being pushed back to much later in the year; X-Men '97, which was aiming for the fall; and Agatha: Coven of Chaos, which had an announced a release window of late 2023/early 2024. If the blog post holds true, it seems that these titles will not hit Disney+ until 2024 at the earliest. ...

Interestingly, the revelation that many of Marvel's planned 2023 Disney+ projects could be delayed until at least 2024 comes shortly after reports that the studio was looking to refocus on quality over quantity amid internal criticism of Phase Four's packed slate.
    In relation,
    HAVOK's CONCEPT ART for the 2nd season of 'Wolverine & the X-Men'...

that NEVER HAPPENED!!

Gonna have to answer this post intermittently.

That would be MY HOPE, of course. BUT speculation is swirling in the rumor mill that:
    Marvel Might Delay More Than Half of Its Disney+ Series Planned for 2023, @CBR.com

In relation,
    HAVOK's CONCEPT ART for the 2nd season of 'Wolverine & the X-Men'...

that NEVER HAPPENED!!
    Ah, thanks for the info!

So bummed that Season 2 never happened!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

And there it is...

X-men #58 - Neal Adams art & cover + 1st Havok, @PencilInk.blogspot.com

Neal Adams

8. X-men v1 #58, 1969 - Captured by the Sentinels, Alex Summers makes his first appearance in costume as the mutant Havok. Neal Adams' graphically-inclined cover leads into an outstanding sequence of pages. Discovered by Sentinels, Iceman and the Beast take evasive action, manifested in an exceptional two-page spread. Adams' inventive layouts, coupled with his realistic style, result in a new, contemporary rendition of the X-men. This in turn would bring newfound interest and enthusiasm to the characters. This Roy Thomas story was later reprinted in Giant-size X-men #2 and X-Men Classics #1. This is 3 of 9 X-men issues by Adams. /// key 1st appearance, 1st cover Alex Summers as Havok / Top 10 Adams comics / Adams gallery
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Adams cover pencils (Tom Palmer inks) = ****
    "Mission Murder" Adams story pencils (Tom Palmer inks) 20 pages = *****

Neal Adams

Neal Adams: The Marvel Years, Interview Conducted by & © Arlen Schumer, @Twomorrows.com
    From Comic Book Artist #3

The following excerpts are from an interview conducted in two sessions during September and October 1998. For the full interview - complete with plenty of rare and unpublished Adams art - be sure to order COMIC BOOK ARTIST #3. ...

Arlen: Like Havok, who had a revolutionary costume design. He precedes those black figures in the "Batman" story ["The Challenge of the Man-Bat", Detective Comics #400]. This delineation had not been done in comics before— there's a realism to the outfit yet it's also very surreal at the same time. What was your thought process?
    Neal: It was like a mime who moves around—you look at the silhouette of the body; you don't look at the interior of the body. It seemed to me that that would be a great idea for a costume—the idea of doing a silhouette like that and then doing the energy. So if you speculate on the idea, you can say that the costume isn't really a costume; it is a kind of energy container through which you can actually see the energy inside of his body. So many guys draw Havok with this thing on his chest and that's not the idea; you're supposed to be able to see in the middle of his chest the energy no matter where he turns.

Tom Palmer, in order to help me out and delineate the drawing, added highlights to Havok's costume. I explained to him, "Tom, I've drawn the character in such a way that you can tell what he's doing in every silhouette—you don't have to worry about it; remove the highlights." While there are positions you could put such a character in so that you would need highlights, I made it my business when I did Havok not to put the character in those positions. If you limit yourself to certain positions, you would never have a problem; the audience never loses track of it and they get it every time. That was the philosophy behind it.

Havok was certainly not a Jack Kirby-type of character; he was something new and different, and a little hipper. ...
    ConnXion!

Astonishing Member

And there it is...

Neal Adams

8. X-men v1 #58, 1969 - Captured by the Sentinels, Alex Summers makes his first appearance in costume as the mutant Havok. Neal Adams' graphically-inclined cover leads into an outstanding sequence of pages. Discovered by Sentinels, Iceman and the Beast take evasive action, manifested in an exceptional two-page spread. Adams' inventive layouts, coupled with his realistic style, result in a new, contemporary rendition of the X-men. This in turn would bring newfound interest and enthusiasm to the characters. This Roy Thomas story was later reprinted in Giant-size X-men #2 and X-Men Classics #1. This is 3 of 9 X-men issues by Adams. /// key 1st appearance, 1st cover Alex Summers as Havok / Top 10 Adams comics / Adams gallery
    - - - - - - - - - -

Neal Adams

Neal Adams: The Marvel Years, Interview Conducted by & © Arlen Schumer, @Twomorrows.com

ConnXion!
    LOL it does suck that the above scan is pretty much the last time Bobby and Alex were shown having an extended friendly interaction onscreen, so to speak.

It is time to let bygones be bigones.

And there it is...

Neal Adams

- - - - - - - - - -

Neal Adams

ConnXion!
    I have always loved that cover! It was so Uncanny, especially for the 1960's!

Havok's costume was/is so unique, it speaks HAVOK.

That cover was genious design with the orange image of Havok placed over the dome capsule holding the X-Men.

Aww I love these panels! The details are incredible. Thanks so much for posting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That cover feels like it’s ahead of it’s time. When I first looked at it, I thought it was #58 from the 1990’s series. However, the price…
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

Ah, thanks for the info!

So bummed that Season 2 never happened!
    No prob, but I'd take it with a grain of salt 'til we hear somethin' official, one way or the other.

You have no idea. In ways, I would much rather we got that, than waX nostalgic 'bout TAS 97.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL it does suck that the above scan is pretty much the last time Bobby and Alex were shown having an extended friendly interaction onscreen, so to speak.

It is time to let bygones be bigones.
    Aw, c'mon, man. They've had some good moments together since, where they've had each other's backs, instead of bein' @odds. Besides, as I've said, in my mind that idiosyncratic friction they share is representative of their mutual repression. More on AleX's part than Bobby's now, obvs. BUT, setting that aside...

HA, YES, my birotha!! Here's hopin' Marvel makes it so & they...
    EMBRACE IT!!

I have always loved that cover! It was so Uncanny, especially for the 1960's!

Havok's costume was/is so unique, it speaks HAVOK.

That cover was genious design with the orange image of Havok placed over the dome capsule holding the X-Men.
    And that's eXactly what Neal was goin' for, so he'd be happy to hear ya say that. Per that previous article & I'm paraphrasing, his design was meant to convey a man whose powers could literally wreak havoc, if left unchecked and/or uncontained.
    I agree,
    he was SUPER SUCCESSFUL in all that he did & quite avant-garde for the time. His run remains the highlight of those early X-Men issues & a...
    SHINING EXAMPLE, as testament to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Aww I love these panels! The details are incredible. Thanks so much for posting.
    AleX: BOBBY!
    Bobby: AleX!! 💗
    (again) LORNA!!!💗

U R Well-CUM!!!! 😜

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    That cover feels like it’s ahead of it’s time. When I first looked at it, I thought it was #58 from the 1990’s series. However, the price…
    He truly was an unparalleled, pioneering trendsetter, in every respect.

BANNED

... I would love to see Havok go all white for an ultimate power blast like in that video.

Would this be for when Alex is out in space? He might be super-charged all the time if in space! I wonder if they ever showed this in comics?
    While it's a different medium & took some liberties, that effect does mirror in ways how his power's been visually established in the comics, since the beginning.

It comes from a game: But I'm not sure of the environmental setting.

Yes, to him being able to become even more powerful in space, and to it being confirmed in canon by the books, as well. More on that in a bit, maybe.

BANNED

Simply... @ a loss for words, and...

in a state of EUPHORIA!
    🖤🤍

🙏🤞😌

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ... Although it does make his [Iceman's] fixation and hardcore jealousy in regard to Polaris when she first showed up feel kind of weird in hindsight.
    WHAT IF... 😉 you consider he wasn't jealous over Lorna...
    BUT actually JEALOUS OF her❔❣️

FOOD... 😋 4 thought...
    THINK... 🤔 about it. 🧐👌
    👍😘

I have often thought that about Bobby.

I mean, he used to say he wanted to be with Lorna, but then would immediately fight with her and really got mad when Alex was mentioned or showed up. Of course, Alex lived there at the time and Bobby knew he was around, so why the mad? He prolly was in love with Alex the entire time, lol!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ... it does make... [Iceman's] fixation...
    YES, [his/their] FIXATI0N [on AleX/one another]... is also a key component [like the jealousy] that heavily factors & configures into my...
    now eXploding [fan] development of retroactively redefining the...
    infamous, storied FRIXI0N, which has eXisted... between them.

I have often thought that about Bobby.

I mean, he used to say he wanted to be with Lorna, but then would immediately fight with her and really got mad when Alex was mentioned or showed up. Of course, Alex lived there at the time and Bobby knew he was around, so why the mad? He prolly was in love with Alex the entire time, lol!
    SO encouraged to see further concurrence on this ship, and how it makes such perfect sense that in all practicality, it's essentially a no-brainer. The added insight into what would make it work so well, shows the outstanding, organic plausibility it possesses by pure happenstance, 2 - THANK U!!

INDEED, that post from earlier today, REALLY GOT...

and I COULDN'T WAIT 2 get back & EXP0UND ABOUT IT MORE!!!! It doesn't feel forced or gimmicky in any way, and if handled properly -- i.e, w/nuanced care, seriousness, & understanding -- in my 🧠... {mind}, it has INSANE, OFF-the-CHAIN POTENTIAL!!!!

But I wanna -- and am gonna -- follow up on all this with a post in Iceman's thread, ASAP.

What I WILL say for now, re. where I'll be goin' w/THIS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    ... later in that issue Havok and Angel are talking to each other and the artist(s) draws them very similar in...
    appearance. ... getting mixed up.
    𝐹𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁, 𝒜𝒮𝒫𝐼𝑅𝐼𝒩𝒢 𝒜𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓁...
    ⓣⓞ ⓐ ⓛⓞⓞⓚ -⃝ⓐⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓟⓔⓔⓡ,⃝ ⓦ/⃝ⓌⒶⓋⒺⓈ ⓞⓕ ⒸⒽⒶⓄⓈ!⃝

LIKE ️️🌈MOTHS 2 a ❤️💜💙FLAME!!!

I'm SO INSPIRED!🧐🤔😍

#MarvelsMidnighterandApollo... ONLY BETTER!! 😏😉

I hate that pretty much nothing was done with Bobby and Alex being on the same team given their history