Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1558

Holding pattern engaged. Waiting for The Eagle to land.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

There is a discussion to relaunch/reset the AOM project and start afresh with a new continuity, new collaborations, etc.

Nothing is official, but it may be easier to discuss more openly on the boards than via PMs.

The rough spitball idea is that our previous AOM Universe hit a bit of a multiversal power surge which forced a reset.

We would bring back the most recent plotters (those interested) and give them 2 books to start with.
    They can build those books, figure out the characters they wish to use, creative team and then start in a completely fresh and new AOM Earth, New AOM or AOM3 or Earth 111 or whichever you guys want to call it.

One like the 60s 616 that was superhero free....until now.

With this original batch of titles, we’ll start building the universe, creating relationships, teams, storylines, collaborative events and shared continuity that is less restrictive and more open as its anew.

There is a hope that this may bring in new AOM contributors who can steer their favorite characters and use their ideas and creativity to help shape this new AOM and after many wonderful years and lots of continuity that may have been too much in the past to jump in to.

That is the idea anyways.

Marv is interested in doing BP and Iron Man
    I wouldn’t mind taking a stab at Thor and Asgard (one I actually haven’t handled in past) and maybe a street or cosmic character
    Sunofdarkchild is interested in a mutant book or two

Thoughts? Feedback?

Exciter - Cap + ?
    Nx01a - X-Men and a Supernatural Title
    Baneofkings
    Gaff
    Lee Stone - A Supernatural Title
    Personamanx
    Marv - BP + Iron Man
    GH - Thor + ?
    Sunofdarkchild- 2 mutant titles

What say you?

We’ll lighten the load that may have become overbearing, and hit the reset button here. Take on what we want, and if we want more then soon go for it, less then that’s ok too.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I might be interested in making a return. That is, if you'll have me.

Absolutely!

Manx, it’s been too long. If we reboot this thing, we’d love to have your creative spirit along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Absolutely!

Manx, it’s been too long. If we reboot this thing, we’d love to have your creative spirit along for the ride.
    Nice, if such a reboot happens I'll gladly participate.

Would there be a character/creator draft like back when things started? I think that's how this started anyway, it has been many moons since we began.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Nice, if such a reboot happens I'll gladly participate.

Would there be a character/creator draft like back when things started? I think that's how this started anyway, it has been many moons since we began.
    You are correct. That’s how AOM 1.0 did begin, with a bit of a draft. CBR Mod extraordinarie of yesteryear Mattbib coordinated the original startup. I wish we still had that in the archives but it was lost in forum reboot(s)

As far as drafting or some sort of selection process, I think that’s open for discussion. It could lead to some interesting titles, team ups, etc.

I'd be interested in swapping Hulk for something supernatural if there was a reboot.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'd be interested in swapping Hulk for something supernatural if there was a reboot.
    Yes indeed. If we move forward with the reboot, clean slates, you can definitely do something strange or supernatural if that’s what interests you.

Also, i believe nX01a is also interesting in doing a supernatural book as well as X-Men

If we’re going for a reboot, I’d like to try my hand at Captain America.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    If we’re going for a reboot, I’d like to try my hand at Captain America.
    I am certain that you’d do Cap proud

Perhaps we can figure out the basic titles we want and then maybe do a draft to fill out the rosters and creative teams?

The title/character/creator drafts did lead to some interesting solicitations, but it might make sense to simplify the process somewhat. To get things started more quickly/smoothly, but to also not have J. Jonah Jameson lead the Guardians of the Galaxy in a book written by Jeph Loeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The title/character/creator drafts did lead to some interesting solicitations, but it might make sense to simplify the process somewhat. To get things started more quickly/smoothly, but to also not have J. Jonah Jameson lead the Guardians of the Galaxy in a book written by Jeph Loeb.
    Yes, there was a lot of wackiness. Some of it super fun and other stuff headscratching and if I remember correctly, it all eventually moved in a more “normal”, expected direction, becoming more in line with Marvel status quo.

But we did get a Bar team, Howling Commando rock in roll heroes, Masters of Gun Fu, Ass Kickers of the Fantastic, to name a few which were loads of fun while they lasted. I think we even “drafted” title concepts which led to things like amnesiac homeless Namor and Squirrel Girl as Silver Surfer’s daughter, which takes some thought to make work.

So maybe we start with the basic title idea and apropos lead(s) and then draft supporting characters/fill out teams, antagonists, creative teams, to give the plotters the toys they want, while also hopefully giving everyone a fair shot at characters and creators, and even leading to some of this unusual and interesting and unexpected dynamics. Who will make up the AOM X-Men or Avengers or New Mutants teams or Fantastic Four, etc? Will our Spidey be Pete or Ben or Miles or Otto, dating MJ or Gwen or Flash or Johnny even....it’s wide open

Damn, guess I’m scrapping my “J.J.J. and the G.o.t.G.” plans...
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

The scary thing is while Triple-J joining the Guardians is ridiculous, his son joining the team would actually work fairly well.

I think however we do it, it'll be fine. It's just making sure we have enough people to make the project work, without having anyone stuck with a title that can't work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Yes indeed. If we move forward with the reboot, clean slates, you can definitely do something strange or supernatural if that’s what interests you.

Also, i believe nX01a is also interesting in doing a supernatural book as well as X-Men
    Guess I'm bowing out then. Those were my picks.