Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

For what it's worth Talon was awesome in today's X-Men. Spoiler thread and scans will be up later.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    For what it's worth Talon was awesome in today's X-Men. Spoiler thread and scans will be up later.
    I plausibly believe that is an older version of Laura.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I thought she was alright but she could not stop talking about the vault every other sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I thought she was alright but she could not stop talking about the vault every other sentence
    That's true and I wonder if it's foreshadowing some heavy trauma rising to the surface soon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

That's true and I wonder if it's foreshadowing some heavy trauma rising to the surface soon.
    He knowing how to preform a c section probably won't lead to anything...

Yeah, I really dug her in today's X-men issue as well.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Amazing Member

For once, Duggan actually wrote Laura well. Let's see if he can keep it good for more than just one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    It was the place she's spent like 99% of her existence.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    It was the place she's spent like 99% of her existence.
    Sure, but you don't see Cable saying "my ruined nightmare future where I grew up" every 3 panels (or even Synch, in the first year of this run). Like, literally right after the surgery scene where they talk about learning to do it in the Vault, we have ANOTHER scene where Cyclops blasts something and immediately she goes "wish we had that in the vault!". Like, we get it Laura.

It's weird that Duggan needed an AU Laura to write her better than he ever did the first time around.

Amazing Member

Anyone here read Captain Marvel today?

Quote Originally Posted by Delta88 View Post
    Anyone here read Captain Marvel today?
    Yeah, I did. Laura had an OK showing in that issue. I haven’t been following the series, only read this issue for Laura, but it was nice to see her with Hazmat again. The writing for her was so-so, kind of generic characterization. Nothing really offensive but nothing outstanding either.

I liked her better in X-Men. Laura as Talon showed herself to be a capable badass and had a more distinct personality that wasn’t Logan Lite, thankfully. Though I felt like she brought up the Vault one too many times.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Yeah, I did. Laura had an OK showing in that issue. I haven’t been following the series, only read this issue for Laura, but it was nice to see her with Hazmat again. The writing for her was so-so, kind of generic characterization. Nothing really offensive but nothing outstanding either.

I liked her better in X-Men. Laura as Talon showed herself to be a capable badass and had a more distinct personality that wasn’t Logan Lite, thankfully. Though I felt like she brought up the Vault one too many times.
    So what are the chances that (Young Laura) is dead? I mean, really...?

Quote Originally Posted by Delta88 View Post
    So what are the chances that (Young Laura) is dead? I mean, really...?
    Does it matter? She'd just be brought back via Krakoa and we already know she's joining X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does it matter? She'd just be brought back via Krakoa and we already know she's joining X-Force
    Laura gave up her spot in the queues in favor of Talon because of the "No Clones" rule, even though she and Talon are now as different from one another as Laura and Gabby.

But yeah, considering she's joining X-Force she's almost certainly not dead.