Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    The way I saw it, they were xterminating the rogue faction of vamps. They could xterminate some terrible foe in the future. But I get what you’re saying. Also, what’s bevy of x mean? Was confused by that one
    bevy: a group or collection, often used to refer to a group of women. ie: "a bevy of beauties"
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Cool to see x in some of these group shots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shampoozie; 10-02-2023 at 10:59 PM.

There’s no way Disney goes anywhere near NYX.
    Why is that?

What is the NYX story?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Why is that?

What is the NYX story?
    NYX
    From Amazon's (sort of inaccurate description- "gutterpunks" suggests they were homeless or without parents but the kids were in school for the most part.):

NYX: Wannabe, X-23 joins up with a pack of New York City gutterpunks, the likes of which the Marvel Universe has never seen! The X-Men's dream has always been one of creating hope from despair - in a young mutant's darkest hour Charles Xavier will always be just around the corner, ready with open arms and a helping hand. But Xavier can't be everywhere at once. What becomes of a group of young mutants that have to rely on themselves for everything from food to shelter to lover? Wayward angels with dirty faces who, instead of preparing for Magneto's next big assault, must learn to survive in the cold, harsh world of the city that never sleeps. The world of the X-Men is brought to the streets, and the struggle for survival has never been more uncertain...

The unsavory part that "no way Disney goes anywhere near" is that X-23 is portrayed as being a sex worker who, besides being a self-mutilater, also specializes in cutting her "johns".

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Speaking of Laura origin stories, how do y’all think mcu might introduce her? I know there are rumors of her being in Deadpool, but if that doesn’t pan out, then what?

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Laura origin stories, how do y’all think mcu might introduce her? I know there are rumors of her being in Deadpool, but if that doesn’t pan out, then what?
    Considering that Marvel Studios seem to only now start working on the pre-production stage of making their own X-men movie, there isn't a lot of valid evidence or hints which could give an implication on which characters will be used at all and how.

Rather it seems they are still "buying time" with using Deadpoolverse and FoX-men assets in non-MCU based productions, but that does not guarantee any of them being used in the MCU proper.

Furthermore Marvel Studio has a track record of playing fast and lose with the origins, roles and importance of any character who is not an A-lister with 50 years of being on merchandise under the belt.

What and who might be important to the comic readers or even fans in general, might not be percieved as such by the creators, who in turn might also push for characters they consider more marketable regardless of how they are "tiered" by comic fans.

For example the MCU X-men could be just a modernized version of X-men TAS versions, complete with Jubilee as social media focused rather than a mallrat, or they might decide not use characters who allready had a major role in the FoX-men movies and go for an Ethernals approach by introducing characters largely unkown to the general fandom.

Everything is on the table regardless of how much "sense" it makes to us as fans and longterm comic readers.

As such there is no real way to know how X-23 might be used either.

Or is the point of the question rather about people throwing their ideas of how they would introduce her into the ring for fun?

X has been a popular character in the last couple decades I do think she will be reintroduced in the mcu. Guess I just wanted to kick it around, see what fans think could happen.

Astonishing Member

X has been a popular character in the last couple decades I do think she will be reintroduced in the mcu. Guess I just wanted to kick it around, see what fans think could happen.
    Given the limited amount of X-men movies to be expected in the comming years, the limited amount of space for characters, the limited time for their personal stories and the fact that she is a youth character who is best known as being in her teens to a maximum of early 20s, it seems to me that that the movies wouldn't be an ideal place for her in general.

The MCU format has also demonstrated that most characters need to have a finite story told within around 3 to 4 movies, since unlike the comics the MCU follows a real world progression of time, based on the actors actualy visibly aging or becoming tired of the roles.

This is also why it would provide little actual ground for the "Youth" X-men characters from the original New Mutants to the Academy X characters to shine.

Furthermore the comics have arguably failed so far to really progress Laura beyond her origin story and giving her a stable personal identity or role. That is not to say she wasn't the focus of good stories, including solo ones, but just that nothing seems to really have left a mark or seperate her from Wolverine's legacy.

This means that if MCU Laura is to be given her own 3/4 movie arc, the writers would need to come up with something original beyond her origins since the comics do not provide a proper blueprint for it. Which in turn makes it more difficult to judge their potential course of action.

In my opinion the ideal place for Laura and perhaps any young X-men character would be a show format, especially animated since those works are much more independent from the age of actors.

Given that animated shows aimed at a young adult to mature audience have recently found some success in the west thanks to streaming services, one focused on Laura in her late teens to early 20s would certainly be an option.

Seeing how Star Wars: Ahsoka is essentialy a life action sequel to two extensive animated shows, that told stories in between two major eras of the franchise, perhaps something similar could benefit her. Being established and explored in animated format and then given movie appearances as major highlights after her role allready progressed towards a full adulthood identity.

X is on the promo group shot pic for ‘fall of house of x, rise of powers of x’ for January 24. Looks like she’s back to a top and pants with exposed midriff. I don’t think it’s talon either, no stipe in hair. Looks like she might be done being Wolverine, back to x-23.

X is on the promo group shot pic for ‘fall of house of x, rise of powers of x’ for January 24. Looks like she’s back to a top and pants with exposed midriff. I don’t think it’s talon either, no stipe in hair. Looks like she might be done being Wolverine, back to x-23.
    She's on the side where I think no one is wearing their modern costumes, so perhaps powers of x will be set in time travel. Her costume reminds me of New X-Men era.

I've seen on reddit that after FoHoX and RoPoX Duggan is out of X-Books so I feel like celebrating, hopefully no more Talon!

BANNED

I'm not trusting the lack of the skunk stripe, because the costume is still pretty close to Talon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I've seen on reddit that after FoHoX and RoPoX Duggan is out of X-Books so I feel like celebrating, hopefully no more Talon!
    We can only hope. The entire Talon thing has just been a colossal waste, ESPECIALLY because no one is actually doing anything meaningful with there being two Lauras around, and everyone is pretty much pretending it isn't happening.

The good news is I'm betting all this stuff regarding duplicates -- from Talon to Kid Cable -- gets cleaned up by the end of Fall/Rise of the House of X (if not sooner) and we get back to having one version of each character. Fingers crossed!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The good news is I'm betting all this stuff regarding duplicates -- from Talon to Kid Cable -- gets cleaned up by the end of Fall/Rise of the House of X (if not sooner) and we get back to having one version of each character. Fingers crossed!
    Same here. Not a fan of doubling up on the same character, it's such lazy storytelling and one of the 2 inevitably gets reabsorbed/obliterated/sent back to where they came from eventually, so why bother?

Exactly my thoughts on it. Create a new character.

In the case of Kid Cable, since Krakoa is a place for fresh starts, why not have a resurrected teenage Stryfe trying to forge the relationship with his parents that his older self was deprived of, and thus becoming a hero in the process? Since he's a clone of Cable but different (no T-O virus) he'd be like a little brother to him as opposed to a younger version running around and occupying the same time and space. That might have legs.

In the case of Talon, what might have been better would be to create a new character, one of the CotV, who somehow during their time in the fault felt sympathy for the plight of the mutants trapped there (Synch, Laura and Darwin) and assisted them, eventually falling in love with Synch and having a relationship with him. Then, later on, Forge goes in looking for Darwin but insted finds this character trapped in stasis and frees her, much to Synch's delight. I'd have preferred that to an older Laura, and now having this tension with the younger one also running around.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts on it. Create a new character.

In the case of Kid Cable, since Krakoa is a place for fresh starts, why not have a resurrected teenage Stryfe trying to forge the relationship with his parents that his older self was deprived of, and thus becoming a hero in the process? Since he's a clone of Cable but different (no T-O virus) he'd be like a little brother to him as opposed to a younger version running around and occupying the same time and space. That might have legs.

In the case of Talon, what might have been better would be to create a new character, one of the CotV, who somehow during their time in the fault felt sympathy for the plight of the mutants trapped there (Synch, Laura and Darwin) and assisted them, eventually falling in love with Synch and having a relationship with him. Then, later on, Forge goes in looking for Darwin but insted finds this character trapped in stasis and frees her, much to Synch's delight. I'd have preferred that to an older Laura, and now having this tension with the younger one also running around.
    My personal best-case scenario is Talon gets revealed as a mole for the Children of the Vault and gets put down, Synch gets over himself, and young Laura is free to forge her own identity under the Talon name, with a writer who actually knows how to use her rather than reducing her to Logan With ****.