Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My personal best-case scenario is Talon gets revealed as a mole for the Children of the Vault and gets put down, Synch gets over himself, and young Laura is free to forge her own identity under the Talon name, with a writer who actually knows how to use her rather than reducing her to Logan With ****.
    That sounds good. My dream scenario is Kid Cable goes back to his future (again) and stays there this time, as he must to fulfill his destiny and keep from breaking the timeline. Or at least the timeline for his future self, depending on how Rise/Fall of the House of X goes I suppose (if it's a complete timeline reset then all bets are off most likely). Regardless, he goes away again, and maybe they even take OG Cable back to basics and de-age him some (back to middle age like he was when he first appeared) and put him back in charge of X-Force. Maybe with Talon (younger OG Laura) on the team too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

My personal best-case scenario is Talon gets revealed as a mole for the Children of the Vault and gets put down, Synch gets over himself, and young Laura is free to forge her own identity under the Talon name, with a writer who actually knows how to use her rather than reducing her to Logan With ****.
    You know of the 2, Talon is the version that hasn't really been written that way.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    You know of the 2, Talon is the version that hasn't really been written that way.
    And thats the weirdest think. Duggan couldn't write normal laura but gets her voice right when she's talon ? Percy laura is at best a parody, Leah is the only laura writer the whole krakoa era to write a accurate/attempting to be happy laura.

The lazy most likely solution is the lauras fuse in to one and take a break with synch because there trying to find themsled and become more depressed while having " will kitty and colossus get back together" moments that drag on to long

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Duggan doesn't get points for that. He made it something she had to "mature into" while in the Vault, even though it's how she should have been written all along.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 10-17-2023 at 09:47 AM.

BANNED

So Logan's getting a 50th Anniversary special.

Meanwhile Laura sitting here like...

Astonishing Member

Judging by how she was crudely inserted in some of Logan's anniversary covers, one can get the impression that since they still try to make "Wolverine too" happen (regardless of how much it isn't working or damaging her own identity as a character) they just call it a day to include her in Logan's that way.

Joyeux anniversaire petit Wolverine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Judging by how she was crudely inserted in some of Logan's anniversary covers, one can get the impression that since they still try to make "Wolverine too" happen (regardless of how much it isn't working or damaging her own identity as a character) they just call it a day to include her in Logan's that way.
    I give even odds she doesn't even get to make an appearance in his 50th Anniversary Special book.

"This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Nice. I do love when artists draw her (and Logan, Daken, and Gabby, for that matter) with shorter claws that could ACTUALLY fit in her arms.

Astonishing Member

Once again there is a pattern to see when it comes to art of her and what outfit she is given.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Once again there is a pattern to see when it comes to art of her and what outfit she is given.
    For good or ill this is one of her most iconic looks. It's one of her most prominent looks from NXM, and has been used for a LOT of her appearances elsewhere IE MvC3.

How is she in XForce? I dropped that book long before she joined. Please say they are doing right by her nad she is back on track

Also has Talon interacted with Logan, Gabby or Daken at all? Have they mentioned or reacted to her at all in any book?
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2023 at 10:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How is she in XForce? I dropped that book long before she joined. Please say they are doing right by her nad she is back on track
    In the current series?

Just randomly appeared and joined the team. Her introduction was having a drinking game with Blob and some others where she happily slit their ankles to win. She did not appear better written since. So arguably no.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Joyeux anniversaire petit Wolverine
    Awwww this reminds me how much I miss Remy mentoring Laura (and Jubilee being her friend) *sigh*