Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

So they’re giving her a new archenemy in a mini that’s set in the past. This is just gonna raise the question of where he’s been all these years and why she’s never seemed to mention him. Sure Marvel’s done this before but it never makes sense especially when they just so happen to show up in the present day after the mini.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So they’re giving her a new archenemy in a mini that’s set in the past. This is just gonna raise the question of where he’s been all these years and why she’s never seemed to mention him. Sure Marvel’s done this before but it never makes sense especially when they just so happen to show up in the present day after the mini.
    Either dead or went to therapy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Either dead or went to therapy
    Or in custody somewhere. In fact, that could be an easy way to explain it: He gets busted by SHIELD at the end of the mini, and didn't manage to escape until it collapsed (again) during the Secret Empire kerfuffle (which is presumably also what led to Bellona's disappearance).

Also, it's pretty ambiguous how much time has actually passed between the Liu book and the present day. Especially with JDW's absurdly compressed view of the Marvel timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I kind of like it. And maybe they can tie it into powers by, say, having some sort of explosive punch or something.
    That would be kinda cool.

MAYBE Haymaker can form his own evil squad of "Punch" themed baddies like "Jab" "Hook" "Sucker" "Cross" and "Uppercut"

THE FIST CLAN!

Marvel hire me
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

So. From a interview with Duggan
    Vault laura is going to go by talon.
    Talon synch romance is going to head south
    Fall of x will "break some hearts"

https://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel...-gerry-duggan/

So over under of vault laure lasting till next summer
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 02-06-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Amazing Member

LOL

So this whole Laura/Synch romance is just another romance of the week type of story.

They really don't give a **** about Laura during Krakoa Era.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So. From a interview with Duggan
    Vault laura is going to go by talon.
    Talon synch romance is going to head south
    Fall of x will "break some hearts"

https://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel...-gerry-duggan/

So over under of vault laure lasting till next summer
    I wonder if they could be reintroducing the Talon name with an eye towards Laura taking it over to establish her own identity independent of Logan/Wolverine when Vault!Laura inevitably kicks it in favor of the Status Quo.

"This is me being reasonable"

I wonder if they could be reintroducing the Talon name with an eye towards Laura taking it over to establish her own identity independent of Logan/Wolverine when Vault!Laura inevitably kicks it in favor of the Status Quo.
    God, I hope so.

Astonishing Member

Still not sure Talon is the right name for Laura. It just lacks... pizzazz in my opinion. Like the name of a C-list character who fought Spiderman in the 70's by using knives on their shoes.

"He might have escaped the claws of THE VULTURE. But can Spiderman survive this opponent? Beware the deadly swipes of THE TALON!!!"

Though to be fair, this joke could be made about almost any character.

But when it's supposed to replace a much more widely known and repeated code name for her, it really has to be a perfect match or else it will never catch on.

It's like how they still try to put "Scout" on Gabby, despite it simply not catching on (doesn't help that the briefly used "Honey Badger" fits her character much more).

All-New Member

Can they even use the Talon name? Didn't DC make a comic about a rebel Court of Owls Talon, titled "Talon"? Wouldn't that be a Captain Marvel situation?

edit: I know there's another Talon in Darkhawk, but it Darkhawk so editorial probably forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymer View Post
    Can they even use the Talon name? Didn't DC make a comic about a rebel Court of Owls Talon, titled "Talon"? Wouldn't that be a Captain Marvel situation?

edit: I know there's another Talon in Darkhawk, but it Darkhawk so editorial probably forgot.
    There have been other Talon characters over the years, not just in comics but in other media. It’s not a big deal. I don’t think it’s the kind of name anyone can claim exclusive use for. And as you mentioned, it wouldn’t be the first or or only time a DC and Marvel character shared a name, and Captain Marvel isn’t the only overlap between the two either.

I like the Talon name for her, always have, and I’m glad that she will get to finally use it, even if it’s for a doomed version of her.

Astonishing Member

So. The current xmen unlimited issue has laura in it. Still friends with the X-Terminators, and most importantly has her learn how to make a sandwich on toasted bread. She's a fast learner, got it on the 3rd try with only lighting her self on fire once.

BANNED

Erica Schultz is up next on X-Men Monday.

Since the series is set during Utopia let's spam them with HeliX questions so they have no choice but to address the telekinetic elephant in the room.

Erica Schultz is up next on X-Men Monday.

Since the series is set during Utopia let's spam them with HeliX questions so they have no choice but to address the telekinetic elephant in the room.
    Oh. Now I feel dumb for asking if she thought Laura thought about/interacted with the NYX cast off-screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.