Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Laura showed up in three books today and somehow didn’t do anything in any of them. Even the solo was mostly focused on Haymaker. Kind of a disappointing showing for her.

BANNED

Preview for X-Force posted, and I'm currently counting the time before I drop it by pages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Preview for X-Force posted, and I'm currently counting the time before I drop it by pages.
    Who cursed laura fans. At least deadly regenicent and xmen Laura's are decent

Im enjoying Talon over in Xmen. I really want to see her interact with the other X-men. I want a reunion with Gabby and Wolverine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im enjoying Talon over in Xmen. I really want to see her interact with the other X-men. I want a reunion with Gabby and Wolverine
    What pisses me off about Talon most is that she proves that Duggan actually COULD write a semi-decent Laura. Which means the dumpster fire over the first half of his book was being done ON PURPOSE.

What pisses me off about Talon most is that she proves that Duggan actually COULD write a semi-decent Laura. Which means the dumpster fire over the first half of his book was being done ON PURPOSE.
    yeah she feels more like Laura than we've seen in a long time. He gets her and its too bad he didnt do better with the younger one before

Amazing Member

Laura's showing of doing absolutely nothing already better than next week's showing on X-Force.

BANNED

X-23: DEADLY REGENESIS #5
    Cover
    ERICA SCHULTZ (W) • EDGAR SALAZAR (A)
    Cover by KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY

KINGPIN WANTS HIS MONEY BACK!
    LAURA KINNEY has done terrible things in her time as an assassin for the Facility. And now that past comes back to haunt her with a vengeance! With HAYMAKER on one side, KINGPIN on the other and KIMURA orchestrating the nightmare, the woman once known as X-23 will have to bring all her fighting skills and mutant power to bear if she’s to survive this deadly convergence of enemies!

Wow, looks like they're finally addressing Laura's history with Fisk.

Cover

LAURA KINNEY has done terrible things in her time as an assassin for the Facility. And now that past comes back to haunt her with a vengeance! With HAYMAKER on one side, KINGPIN on the other and KIMURA orchestrating the nightmare, the woman once known as X-23 will have to bring all her fighting skills and mutant power to bear if she’s to survive this deadly convergence of enemies!

Oh damn, finally! That sounds great.

Astonishing Member

Cover

I didn't expect they would go there. But I'm happy. I'd like to see modern not old laura dealing with Fisk on krakoa

BANNED

A random thought I had the other day:

Innocence Lost treats Laura's creation as a groundbreaking scientific achievement, with Sarah Kinney outright likening cloning mutants to Godhood. This would seem to contradict what else is happening in the Marvel Universe at the time, particularly the work of Sinister.

But then I remembered something: The Sliding Time Scale.

As stupid as it is, Marvel's conceit is that the ENTIRE 60 year history of the Marvel Universe since the original Fantastic Four and X-Men comics actually fits within about a 10-15 year time span. And canonically, Laura is 20 years old. This means that she's was born as much as ten years prior to the events of the first X-Men comic.

However, the vast majority of the clones we see throughout X-Men history were first created in stories set AFTER that issue. By consequence, this means that Sarah's comments in Innocence Lost are actually true, because at the time she really IS in uncharted territory since Sinister hasn't even begun his present-day work yet, and that Laura is retroactively one of the earliest clones in the Marvel Universe.

And now my head hurts.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-02-2023 at 09:31 PM.

Amazing Member

I’m pretty sure Daken comments in ANW that cloning tech has come a long way after Laura’s birth. Given that The Facility were pretty much mercenaries for a while and wouldn’t be above selling secrets, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of Dr. Kinney’s work underpinned many of the other mutant clones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I’m pretty sure Daken comments in ANW that cloning tech has come a long way after Laura’s birth. Given that The Facility were pretty much mercenaries for a while and wouldn’t be above selling secrets, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of Dr. Kinney’s work underpinned many of the other mutant clones.
    It'd be kind of amusing to see Sinister make an offhand remark about how Sarah's efforts were "crude, but nonetheless provided the breakthrough I needed." Probably prefacing Laura stabbing him in the face.

A random thought I had the other day:

Innocence Lost treats Laura's creation as a groundbreaking scientific achievement, with Sarah Kinney outright likening cloning mutants to Godhood. This would seem to contradict what else is happening in the Marvel Universe at the time, particularly the work of Sinister.

But then I remembered something: The Sliding Time Scale.

As stupid as it is, Marvel's conceit is that the ENTIRE 60 year history of the Marvel Universe since the original Fantastic Four and X-Men comics actually fits within about a 10-15 year time span. And canonically, Laura is 20 years old. This means that she's was born as much as ten years prior to the events of the first X-Men comic.

However, the vast majority of the clones we see throughout X-Men history were first created in stories set AFTER that issue. By consequence, this means that Sarah's comments in Innocence Lost are actually true, because at the time she really IS in uncharted territory since Sinister hasn't even begun his present-day work yet, and that Laura is retroactively one of the earliest clones in the Marvel Universe.

And now my head hurts.
    I dont think it really contradicts anything. They only went by the info that they were aware of. No one knew about Sinister and what he was capable of and doing. Its not like he was sharing and publishing his work to the scientific community. Even he himself struggled. Madelyne Pryor was the first clone of his we were introduced to and even she was a failed attempt until the Phoenix Force animated her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think it really contradicts anything. They only went by the info that they were aware of. No one knew about Sinister and what he was capable of and doing. Its not like he was sharing and publishing his work to the scientific community. Even he himself struggled. Madelyne Pryor was the first clone of his we were introduced to and even she was a failed attempt until the Phoenix Force animated her
    The point you're missing is that Laura would have chronologically been created BEFORE Maddie thanks to the Sliding Time Scale.

Maddie HAD to be created after X-Men #1, because she was explicitly created by Sinister AFTER Jean's death. It's simply not possible for her to have been created before the X-Men were even founded. However, if the entire Marvel timeline from X-Men and FF #1 through today fits into a 10-15 year time span, and Laura is 20 years old as established in ANW, it means she would HAVE to be born prior to that. Whether or not anyone knew about Sinister is made irrelevant.