Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Last edited by juan678; 08-17-2023 at 08:36 AM.

The Frostarks <3

So they do at least kiss .

Still gross but it looks like it's Hazel marrying Stark here. Hopefully that's a red herring and a telepathic illusion
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-17-2023 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they do at least kiss .
    Makes sense, Hazel comes out of no where and they have to sell the marriage (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Still gross but it looks like it's Hazel marrying Stark here. Hopefully that's a red herring and a telepathic illusion
    I don't mind Hazel marrying Tony, means there has to be a sneaky Reason for it. More concerned about them trying to make a romance come out of it.
    I think the wedding will be legit, Emma has the inhibitor ring on so she can't use any telepathy.

Uncanny Avengers mentioned that Tony was working on some tech to deal with the sentinels. I wonder if we might see Emma's tech side here as well. Though it makes me wonder how it will tie into the Hellfire Club. Maybe Kingpin is doing something that wasn't part of the agreement he and Emma had so they need to take over from him?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Makes sense, Hazel comes out of no where and they have to sell the marriage (I hope).

I don't mind Hazel marrying Tony, means there has to be a sneaky Reason for it. More concerned about them trying to make a romance come out of it.
    I think the wedding will be legit, Emma has the inhibitor ring on so she can't use any telepathy.

Uncanny Avengers mentioned that Tony was working on some tech to deal with the sentinels. I wonder if we might see Emma's tech side here as well. Though it makes me wonder how it will tie into the Hellfire Club. Maybe Kingpin is doing something that wasn't part of the agreement he and Emma had so they need to take over from him?
    Maybe Feilong will try to poach Tony's assistant

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Maybe Feilong will try to poach Tony's assistant
    He's taken pretty much everything from Tony, now he's trying to take his assistant/wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Cute.

Not sure how I feel about this yet, but I do love the hype of the trailer. I guess I just hope it's entertaining to read and doesn't leave Emma in a bad state by the end of it.

I just realized she was stuck in there for at least an hour. Ouch. I wonder if we'll see any reactions from the X-Men about her being gone for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Cute.

Not sure how I feel about this yet, but I do love the hype of the trailer. I guess I just hope it's entertaining to read and doesn't leave Emma in a bad state by the end of it.
    But other than the romance I am intrigued about what will happen. Why is Fisk already an enemy, why do they need the Hellfire Club.

The trailer has me feeling better about the wedding being to Hazel and not being legitimate. But I'm still concerned that they might try and force a romance out of it. Their history is bad, things are going horribly and there are four issues for the tie-in.

I just realized she was stuck in there for at least an hour. Ouch. I wonder if we'll see any reactions from the X-Men about her being gone for a while.

But other than the romance I am intrigued about what will happen. Why is Fisk already an enemy, why do they need the Hellfire Club.

The trailer has me feeling better about the wedding being to Hazel and not being legitimate. But I'm still concerned that they might try and force a romance out of it. Their history is bad, things are going horribly and there are four issues for the tie-in.
    Genre conventions aside I feel like Duggan is too much of an Emma fanboy to let things get serious between her and Tony. He's too beneath her .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Genre conventions aside I feel like Duggan is too much of an Emma fanboy to let things get serious between her and Tony. He's too beneath her .
    It's not a romance so the genre convention wouldn't be a thing. Hopefully he doesn't do it but it wouldn't be the first time a fan of the character wrote them into a crappy romance.

Nothing I've seen thus far makes me think its leaning towards romance, but when 8 came out and the previews for 9 I've seen people say they're seeing it, so I don't know anymore.

Astonishing Member

Honestly...Tony and Emma kind of works. I was against it on principle at first but seeing the work Duggan has been doing on Tony and how excellent of an Emma he writes I think I'm gonna really enjoy it if they have some budding chemistry after this.

and there are four issues for the tie-in.
    The Fall of X tie-in for IIM is only four issues, but the crossover between Iron Man/X-Men could continue well beyond that, maybe even for the rest of Duggan's run, however long that is.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The Fall of X tie-in for IIM is only four issues, but the crossover between Iron Man/X-Men could continue well beyond that, maybe even for the rest of Duggan's run, however long that is.
    I'll say there are 5 issues (4 Fall of X and the Hellfire Gala). But in that time frame Duggan has to establish a reason for Emma to continue to be in the book, which is what I am struggling with.

I recently realized that the Invincible Iron Man doesn't tie in for the entirety of Fall of X, which gives me hope there won't be any romance there.