Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

back for a bit, busy with school and all that.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the Emma and Tony trailer and their relationship beyond that...I personally am at a moment where I am fine with it. I think I def overreacted to the thought of them being together and I can really see them work to some extent. I think it's kind of foolish to say that they hate one another especially right now, I think Fall of X is prime to re-establish and start their personal relationship over again practically giving them a fresh start. Emma and Tony are both in the darkest times of their lives, Emma dealing with the genocide of mutants and Stark going through all that he is with Feilong/Orchis. They, also really have only each other to lean on during these times as well and a mutual understanding of the problems that they're facing as well. I think it's entirely possible that this wedding is indeed a fake-out but follows them slowly becoming interested in one another romantically, as they go through these hard times with each other and actually get to know each other.

Oh, and I know people are going to say "Oh but they hate each other." I think that really just oversimplifies their interactions and doesn't allow for evolution in their relationship either. Emma has hated many characters and has grown and presently doesn't hate them anymore. Like I am willing to give this a chance because truly I don't think any harm will come from this, she's not going to be sidelined to Tony's book (she is not a D-list character like Patsy) If things turn out fine with them it'll be good to see and if not it'll be continued drama which can be even more fun to see in the books.

Also truth be told I simply just think Emma deserves a break from Summers and that screengrab of Emma and Tony kinda sold me on them.

Enough about Stark/Emma

I got to read the Marvel Voices: X-Men issue and it was really good, Jean and Emma work so well when Scott is out of the picture.

Read UA, as well and I kinda enjoy the way her Hazel Kendall outfit looks in that book, much prefer the red and grey instead of the green and brown
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Genre conventions aside I feel like Duggan is too much of an Emma fanboy to let things get serious between her and Tony. He's too beneath her .
    Imagine if that were true
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    back for a bit, busy with school and all that.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the Emma and Tony trailer and their relationship beyond that...I personally am at a moment where I am fine with it. I think I def overreacted to the thought of them being together and I can really see them work to some extent. I think it's kind of foolish to say that they hate one another especially right now, I think Fall of X is prime to re-establish and start their personal relationship over again practically giving them a fresh start. Emma and Tony are both in the darkest times of their lives, Emma dealing with the genocide of mutants and Stark going through all that he is with Feilong/Orchis. They, also really have only each other to lean on during these times as well and a mutual understanding of the problems that they're facing as well. I think it's entirely possible that this wedding is indeed a fake-out but follows them slowly becoming interested in one another romantically, as they go through these hard times with each other and actually get to know each other.

Oh, and I know people are going to say "Oh but they hate each other." I think that really just oversimplifies their interactions and doesn't allow for evolution in their relationship either. Emma has hated many characters and has grown and presently doesn't hate them anymore. Like I am willing to give this a chance because truly I don't think any harm will come from this, she's not going to be sidelined to Tony's book (she is not a D-list character like Patsy) If things turn out fine with them it'll be good to see and if not it'll be continued drama which can be even more fun to see in the books.

Also truth be told I simply just think Emma deserves a break from Summers and that screengrab of Emma and Tony kinda sold me on them.
    My issue (aside from concern about Emma getting the short end of the stick to prop up Tony like apparently has happened in his past two runs as well as what happened when Storm married BP and the fact that it just started as some dumb joke) is that they do hate each other. Or at least dislike each other. Tony was the cause of the P5 and when Emma told him off for it he was just an ass saying he fixed the problem but not admitting that what happened was on him. Then in Krakoa you have his comment during Trial of Magneto and their interactions during the Gala are always negative. Somehow its supposed to go from there to romance in 5.5 issues (Hellfire tie-in, FoX tie-ins and X-Men 26) when things are going to hell around them. Nothing I've seen so far from the books or the preview have given me any indication of romance. They can put their issues aside to be heroes but that's all. Emma having issues with other characters or other characters having issues with Emma has always been a thing and her improving those relationships has always been great. But those weren't during such dire times, took longer than 5.5 issues and went towards being friends or trust as opposed to romance.

Scemma is dead, people need to accept it and I don't want it back. Emma had self confidence issues with Scott choosing her because Jean died not because he actually wanted her. Then Scott is an ass to her about Namor despite him cheating on Jean with Emma. Plus how Emma acted from DoX until Krakoa (always hope that they retcon this instead of just choosing to ignore it like they seemlying? do). I don't mind them being friends like we've seen (IMO) during Krakoa although I would have liked to see how they got there rather than it just magically happen.

I would like to see Emma in a relationship that actually makes sense though. Sean or Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis;6572535Enough about Stark/Emma

I got to read the Marvel Voices: X-Men issue and it was really good, Jean and Emma work so well when Scott is out of the picture.
    [url=https://postimages.org/
    [/url]
    The story was cute, it was nice seeing them working together and being friends. I was disappointed though that it was because of some team building exercise rather than them being friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Read UA, as well and I kinda enjoy the way her Hazel Kendall outfit looks in that book, much prefer the red and grey instead of the green and brown
    She looks drab in the green and brown, but maybe that's the point. Her wig is a different color though in the kissing teaser they did for some reason.
    Last edited by RAWRlrus; 08-19-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    It's not a romance so the genre convention wouldn't be a thing. Hopefully he doesn't do it but it wouldn't be the first time a fan of the character wrote them into a crappy romance.

Nothing I've seen thus far makes me think its leaning towards romance, but when 8 came out and the previews for 9 I've seen people say they're seeing it, so I don't know anymore.
    I meant in terms of the Superhero genre not specifically just the romance genre.

I'll say there are 5 issues (4 Fall of X and the Hellfire Gala). But in that time frame Duggan has to establish a reason for Emma to continue to be in the book, which is what I am struggling with.
    And he has two issues left to setup the wedding, which is an even bigger task!

I recently realized that the Invincible Iron Man doesn't tie in for the entirety of Fall of X, which gives me hope there won't be any romance there.
    My point was that Fall of X has a limited shelf-life for ALL books participating, it ends around January. But the stories will still go on after that.

So, for Iron Man, Emma was appearing in that book before Fall of X started, and I would guess she will continue appearing there also after it ends. So plenty of time for romance if Duggan wants to take it that way.

I'll say there are 5 issues (4 Fall of X and the Hellfire Gala). But in that time frame Duggan has to establish a reason for Emma to continue to be in the book, which is what I am struggling with.

I recently realized that the Invincible Iron Man doesn't tie in for the entirety of Fall of X, which gives me hope there won't be any romance there.
    Fall of X finishes in December. Even if the Iron Man issue that month isn't a direct tie-in, it'll probably still be dealing with the aftermath.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I meant in terms of the Superhero genre not specifically just the romance genre.
    I guess I would disagree about it being a convention in superhero comics.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    And he has two issues left to setup the wedding, which is an even bigger task!
    Setting up the wedding will be easier I think because the teaser pretty much confirmed for me the fact that it will be between Tony and Hazel. Them kissing, seeing a ring go on a finger but not showing who's finger. It will be much easier to present an issue that the wedding can help resolve (Kingpin going back on his deal with Emma and them needing to clean out the hellfire club or maybe there's some tech in the club that would help with the sentinels that it will be easier for Emma to get than to try and explain to Tony where to go).

My point was that Fall of X has a limited shelf-life for ALL books participating, it ends around January. But the stories will still go on after that.

So, for Iron Man, Emma was appearing in that book before Fall of X started, and I would guess she will continue appearing there also after it ends. So plenty of time for romance if Duggan wants to take it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fall of X finishes in December. Even if the Iron Man issue that month isn't a direct tie-in, it'll probably still be dealing with the aftermath.
    I get that the stories will continue on after Fall of X, but to me its telling that Invincible Iron Man is the only ongoing that won't tie in for the full duration of Fall of X when some of the minis do. Maybe it's me being hopeful but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't tie in for the last month if they were trying to make the romance legit, especially since there would be another month to build it up.

Prior to 8, which was another X related tie-in, Emma was the least involved of all the guest stars in the book. Including 8 I think she's still behind Iron Heart and Rhodey but ahead of She-Hulk. I could see her popping up to deal with Feilong (assuming he hasn't been dealt with by Fall of X) but without the romance I can't see her being involved in the book. Which ties back to me not seeing how they can go from hate to the romance in 5.5 issues with everything that's going on.

Setting up the wedding will be easier I think because the teaser pretty much confirmed for me the fact that it will be between Tony and Hazel. Them kissing, seeing a ring go on a finger but not showing who's finger. It will be much easier to present an issue that the wedding can help resolve (Kingpin going back on his deal with Emma and them needing to clean out the hellfire club or maybe there's some tech in the club that would help with the sentinels that it will be easier for Emma to get than to try and explain to Tony where to go).
    I still haven't come up with a good in-universe reason for them to marry, but there seems to be even less reasons to have a marriage take place between Stark and a made-up identity of Emma.
    Well, we'll soon see how it turns out at least.

I still haven't come up with a good in-universe reason for them to marry, but there seems to be even less reasons to have a marriage take place between Stark and a made-up identity of Emma.
    Well, we'll soon see how it turns out at least.
    I have two theories, either Kingpin betrays Emma and they need to get rid of him and his control of the Hellfire club or Emma needs a way into the club but can't as his assistant. The alias marrying Tony makes more sense to me than Emma. I'm leaning more towards the first as a big ceremony while Orchis is gaining power is just dumb and we know that Orchis attacks from the solicit. I hope we get an explanation on why Emma is so quickly targeted by the sentinels. We had Kate, Psylocke and Monet walking around in broad daylight and we know Kamala can too from the preview for X-Men 26.

I was hoping to see more Emma and Tony back in Fraction's Iron Man run - which was stellar compared to his UXM.

I like them interacting in the bigger picture of the Marvel Universe - the new Illuminati should be good for this. I don't see Emma as the marrying type.

Banshee has been my favorite partner for her.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The way I'm assuming it will play out is that, regardless of where they are in terms of a relationship, the marriege is strategic, and I'm not fully convinced it will be to Hazel. But maybe they'll be a loophole to the whole Orchis force extradition thing for married people in some countries.

I do think they'll be a romance (wether is short or long lasting), cause Superheroe comics love their soap opera stuff, but it will be a consequences of their hijinks and not something that either of them saught out or expected.

I honestly think that the trailer is super missleading as I don't really believe Kingpin is going to betray them at all. But we're meant to think he will.

Spectacular Member

Loved the earlier discussion about Scemma and it’s hard truths. I loved Scemma and grew up with it. I’ve also been loving every Scott and Emma moment we’ve gotten, the few lmao. But looking back at the relationship, it was great seeing how Emma pushed Scott to do things he needed to do when their backs were against the wall and how Scott motivated Emma to be heroic. Other than that, all Emma got out of the relationship was major Jean insecurity and bankruptcy. She didn’t really gain much else as she was either relegated to back ground noise or there for a quick quip. Plus, analyzing the grand scheme of things, idk how that relationship could ever be end game considering how marvel adores its status quo and will always come back to it. Unfortunately the status quo for Scott has and always will be Jean. Emma and Wolverine are side pieces. I prefer Emma single if it’s not with Scott or with Sean. Kate, imo, has a more mentor relationship with Emma and I would hate to see them get together, despite all their on-panel time.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    Kate, imo, has a more mentor relationship with Emma and I would hate to see them get together, despite all their on-panel time.
    No need to worry about that, the chance of it happening is basically zero.

For that matter, the odds of Kate getting into a relationship with another woman that can not be construed as grooming relationship are also very slim.

U know i found sexy Emma and Tony together.

Really two millionaries with brains and hot bodys. Deal.

Also the Cuckoos need a StepFather until Steve get it

Just leaving a quick note to say that I really enjoyed Invincible Iron Man #9, probably my favorite book of the week. I can't believe I'm saying this but Duggan is starting to make me a believer of the ship. Great character work for Emma.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!