Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Ok I'm sold lol I'm loving what Duggan is doing with Emma and Tony it doesn't feel rushed to me at all. The budding tenderness between them is infectious.

This issue was good. I like how Duggan has shown Emma's softer side with her reacting to Kate's death in Marauders, Lourdes in the Gala issue and now Emma concerned about the Cuckoos (please don't follow through with Destiny's predictions, we've just got them back). I liked her interactions with Tony but I still don't see romance there. They were obviously teasing the marriage but their interactions didn't indicate anything to me. I was hoping to see why Emma seems to be at a bigger risk from the sentinels than anyone else but we didn't get that. I'm torn on reading her and the Hellfire Club. She was in charge before the Krakoa era began, gave the Club to Fisk and I had assumed that the Hellfire Trading Company was part of the Hellfire Club. Hopefully we get clarification on how they're related. I also couldn't quite get a read on the conversation with the Hellfire Gala butler(?), was she just blitzing him to get in or was he aware that she's in disguise? I wonder if they'll tell Fisk that Emma is in disguise. I'm predicting that whatever Emma and Tony want to do, Fisk is against it and they use the wedding to get him removed since we know Orchis will attack.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    I'm not reading romance...just shared, relatable, emotional experiences...being physically hunted, the loss/pending loss of loved ones.
    I still think it's a marriage of financial and strategic convenience and protection for both. Emma cannot openly access the HC without Tony, who is broke and needs Emma's financial backing...if Wilson doesn't double-cross her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The History of the Hellfire Club

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rcle-explained

Pretty accurate summary, even spoiling future events a little. What it stated happened in Iron Man #9 did not actually happen there yet as far as I could tell from the issue. Not really a surprise of course, already revealed in some solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The History of the Hellfire Club

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rcle-explained

Pretty accurate summary, even spoiling future events a little. What it stated happened in Iron Man #9 did not actually happen there yet as far as I could tell from the issue. Not really a surprise of course, already revealed in some solicits.
    Yeah, it spoils it a little because Tony isn't Black King yet but you're right, the solicits have already spoiled it. I wonder why its back to the Hellfire Club instead of the Hellfire Trading Company all of a sudden. Plus Emma shouldn't have been the owner since she, Kate and Shaw stepped down and handed their positions over.

Thinking on it, I'm now confused about the ring. Tony said its a psi-blocker but that shouldn't impact the sentinels ability to locate her, right? But also, wouldn't she be able to use her diamond form with the ring on?

I always thought the Hellfire Trading was a different company with a different Krakoa-centred agenda (distribution of the drugs and rescue of mutants) separate from the Hellfire Club. I think they only called it Hellfire Trading because initially it was the White Queen and the Black King sitting on the QC using the HFC funds.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-24-2023 at 01:17 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Thinking on it, I'm now confused about the ring. Tony said its a psi-blocker but that shouldn't impact the sentinels ability to locate her, right? But also, wouldn't she be able to use her diamond form with the ring on?
    That was a little confusing. The ring (well, Stark reworked the device into a ring shape) now seems to both disable the wearer's (mutant) powers and also prevent the Sentinels' scanning devices from picking them up.

But previously in the run it was just said to protect against telepathy. Kind of related, but not really the same thing.

That was a little confusing. The ring (well, Stark reworked the device into a ring shape) now seems to both disable the wearer's (mutant) powers and also prevent the Sentinels' scanning devices from picking them up.

But previously in the run it was just said to protect against telepathy. Kind of related, but not really the same thing.
    He said he did some tinkering, but then said he took out the psy shield. It should do anything for her with the sentinels since they don't detect mutants through telepathy. I was also hoping that we would get some explanation about why she's so uniquely targeted by sentinels, but I feel like this won't be the case. There's going to be the time jump before we see them again in X-Men 26 so I think the time for that has passed.

I was also hoping that we would get some explanation about why she's so uniquely targeted by sentinels, but I feel like this won't be the case. There's going to be the time jump before we see them again in X-Men 26 so I think the time for that has passed.
    Most likely since she's a member of the Quiet Council, those were the ones they most wanted to capture.

Most likely since she's a member of the Quiet Council, those were the ones they most wanted to capture.
    I guess, but I don't know if that's the case either. Kate is moving around quite a bit from what X-Men 25 showed. Kurt is in Uncanny spiderman (we haven't seen an issue yet but I feel it won't be impacting him as much) and Mystique possibly in Origins. It feels like an issue only Emma is having and I was hoping it would get mentioned about why its the case.

I guess, but I don't know if that's the case either. Kate is moving around quite a bit from what X-Men 25 showed. Kurt is in Uncanny spiderman (we haven't seen an issue yet but I feel it won't be impacting him as much) and Mystique possibly in Origins. It feels like an issue only Emma is having and I was hoping it would get mentioned about why its the case.
    Perhaps she really managed to piss Feilong off during their little chat in Iron Man #8? Now, it's personal!

Emma needs to stop calling Tony “Anthony”
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Perhaps she really managed to piss Feilong off during their little chat in Iron Man #8? Now, it's personal!
    I hope that's the case. I'm head cannoning it that way if we don't get an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    She seems a bit too formal now. Like her calling Kate Katherine, which wasn't the case when Duggan was writing Marauders. Hopefully its just a response to everything going to hell currently.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    LOL I find it both ridiculous and amusing. I think I'm actually smiling every time she says it on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    LOL I find it both ridiculous and amusing. I think I'm actually smiling every time she says it on the page.
    Same here. For me it's basically 1: showing a bit of respectful formality acknowledging their adultness 2: Not wanting to be like everyone else who calls them by their pet names 3: a ridiculous and fun affectation.