Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

It's strange to me that we are getting so many previews of X-Men 26 before we see anything from the next Invincible Iron Man. I've also just realized there are two Emma variants for Immortal X-Men coming out next week. Pretty interesting considering the previous set up was variants for which ever character was the focus. Also interested to see what Shaw is up to considering he should be playing a role in Invincible Iron Man (maybe he has Lockheed, I want a way to tie Kate into Invincible Iron Man since Shaw will be there).

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Curious as to where they are at, cause i dont see Stark or Hazel being interested or capable of going to parties right now. I am also guessing this is probably around the time that they decide to get married with the following scene being Emma telling the rest of the mutants (Kate, Rasputin, Kamala, Synch and Talon)

edit: Just noticed Tony has a drink in his hand, he must not be doing too well mentally, guess this explains the party, and Emma is probably going to get him to snap out of his funk and judging by Tony's face on the last panel. That is unless that panel is a flashback scene.
    Yeah, I don't think either of them would want to be at a party right now (which is a big part of why I still say the wedding is a trap). It looks too normal(?) for it to be the Hellfire Club(although they should have started infiltrating it by now). I also thought maybe the college Kamala is going to since they'll appear in her book this month (wonder if there is a reading order like there was for Hellfire Gala and Invincible Iron Man 8). I think we'll see the wedding announcement and reactions of the (rest?) X-Men near the end of the issue.

Emma does not seem happy in this picture lol. Tony changes from looking drunk to looking fine pretty quick, I wonder if he's just putting on an act? But Emma still looks angry and point towards the door in the last panel. They keep talking about Tony and Emma developing feelings in the more recent teases of the wedding issues, but I just don't see it and this panel reinforces that feeling. I wonder when we'll see more variants for those two issues, especially X-Men 26.

X-Men #26 Variant by Ariel Diaz

looking now, I am kinda highly disappointed at the lack of variants

Last edited by Diammandis; 08-07-2023 at 05:11 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

X-Men #26 Variant by Ariel Diaz

looking now, I am kinda highly disappointed at the lack of variants

This one looks okay. Checking the solicits there actually seems to be a decent number of variants (5 a piece although the Iron Man homage variants are just different clothes). Maybe we'll see more later on but it's weird we haven't seen much yet (this one, the Kamala variant and the two Iron Man ones). This one isn't even listed on the solicits though.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    This one looks okay. Checking the solicits there actually seems to be a decent number of variants (5 a piece although the Iron Man homage variants are just different clothes). Maybe we'll see more later on but it's weird we haven't seen much yet (this one, the Kamala variant and the two Iron Man ones). This one isn't even listed on the solicits though.
    i do kinda hate the chokehold that so many artists have on the White Queen outfit, Emma has so many other costumes and yet they choose this one...
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

i do kinda hate the chokehold that so many artists have on the White Queen outfit, Emma has so many other costumes and yet they choose this one...
    I actually don't think she had that many prior to Krakoa (that I can recall at least) and there aren't many that are iconic. She had White Queen (which I like but can feel overdone, Iconic since its her first appearance), Gen X (super outdated, never iconic), New X-Men (probably not popular due to the absurdity of the design, Iconic since its when she became an A-lister) and Astonishing (her longest used costume, Iconic because of that). She hasn't had much other than that though. The black Astonishing costume (hard with her White Queen moniker and not really unique), plus others that come from stories that honestly should just get retconned anyway (AvX until the start of Krakoa, P5 Emma was an event, Bendis' was weird and not White, IvX was atrocious, the one from Secret Empire wasn't bad but again just forget about everything from then on).

I actually don't think she had that many prior to Krakoa (that I can recall at least) and there aren't many that are iconic. She had White Queen (which I like but can feel overdone, Iconic since its her first appearance), Gen X (super outdated, never iconic), New X-Men (probably not popular due to the absurdity of the design, Iconic since its when she became an A-lister) and Astonishing (her longest used costume, Iconic because of that). She hasn't had much other than that though. The black Astonishing costume (hard with her White Queen moniker and not really unique), plus others that come from stories that honestly should just get retconned anyway (AvX until the start of Krakoa, P5 Emma was an event, Bendis' was weird and not White, IvX was atrocious, the one from Secret Empire wasn't bad but again just forget about everything from then on).
    IA with this. She has a lot of looks but not a lot of iconic ones. If someone told me to picture her Krakoan look, I don’t even think anything stands out. She’s worn a lot but nothing that’s a definitive look. Really it’s the HFC, New X-men and some variation of what she wore during Utopia

Source Instagram Frank Cho Yesterday Emma Sketch

How dare you! Dominatrix business Emma is increbible! (it's actually my fave but I did come into Emma in Gen X)

I do wish we had got more out of her Empire one. I thought that was a pretty good design. The Krakoa era suit at least gets a lot of milage in covers, even if she doesn't wear it in the actual interiors.

Whew Invincible Iron Man cover dropped, looks like things are heating up in Iron Man.

Also seems like Mysterium is going to be the compound Tony uses to make his new suit

God does it irk me when we go with the first class diamond form design.

Spoilers from Immortal X-Men spoilers:
    Briefly shows up to mess with Shaw and to try and get Xavier out of his funk. Shaw has been removed from the HFC/HTC. Kingpin now owns it.
    end of spoilers

Spoilery future thoughts: spoilers:
    Added some confusion to my theories on the wedding. Still think it will be to Hazel, not Emma. Marriage may not happen or also be to Hazel. I was thinking the wedding was to get rid of members of HTC/HFC but with Kingpin in charge I don't know if that would be necessary (or how the HFC/HTC tie into Orchis without Shaw). Maybe Kingpin betrays her and works with Orchis to try and get Mary back? So my same wedding theory but with Kingpin instead of Shaw. We didn't see Kingpin hiding with the X-Men even though he should be wanted too. Maybe Emma/Tony try and contest Shaw for the vacant positions after the attack. Or a three way battle between Kingpin, Shaw and Emma/Tony? Weird that Tony would need to infiltrate (or use his dad's HFC membership) if Kingpin is in charge. We'll have to see with the next Invincible Iron Man. And I'm curious about how the time skip will work. Both X-Men and Immortal X-Men had a small part that wasn't X weeks later, but Duggan said that Iron Man would be behind the others.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    How dare you! Dominatrix business Emma is increbible! (it's actually my fave but I did come into Emma in Gen X)
    I do wish we had got more out of her Empire one. I thought that was a pretty good design. The Krakoa era suit at least gets a lot of milage in covers, even if she doesn't wear it in the actual interiors.
    I can't believe I forgot about the Dominatrix business Emma. That look is great and super underappreciated IMO (I've seen maybe one fanart with it compared to so many others of Utopia or Hellfire). I was thinking about the spandex suit that was a white version of the ones the kids wore. Wish the business suit one was more popular, its a good combination that shows who she is. I did like the Secret Empire one but I'm hesitant to do acknowledge anything her time from DoX until HoX/PoX unless we get some hard retcons lol.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So that was the deal Emma signed with Wilson...to be White King of the HFC and control over Krakoa's finances. Crafty. It may come back to bite her it is Wilson, after all. But it makes sense as he's not a mutant or hunted by Orchis.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spoilers from Immortal X-Men spoilers:
    Briefly shows up to mess with Shaw and to try and get Xavier out of his funk. Shaw has been removed from the HFC/HTC. Kingpin now owns it.
    end of spoilers

Spoilery future thoughts: spoilers:
    Added some confusion to my theories on the wedding. Still think it will be to Hazel, not Emma. Marriage may not happen or also be to Hazel. I was thinking the wedding was to get rid of members of HTC/HFC but with Kingpin in charge I don't know if that would be necessary (or how the HFC/HTC tie into Orchis without Shaw). Maybe Kingpin betrays her and works with Orchis to try and get Mary back? So my same wedding theory but with Kingpin instead of Shaw. We didn't see Kingpin hiding with the X-Men even though he should be wanted too. Maybe Emma/Tony try and contest Shaw for the vacant positions after the attack. Or a three way battle between Kingpin, Shaw and Emma/Tony? Weird that Tony would need to infiltrate (or use his dad's HFC membership) if Kingpin is in charge. We'll have to see with the next Invincible Iron Man. And I'm curious about how the time skip will work. Both X-Men and Immortal X-Men had a small part that wasn't X weeks later, but Duggan said that Iron Man would be behind the others.
    end of spoilers

I can't believe I forgot about the Dominatrix business Emma. That look is great and super underappreciated IMO (I've seen maybe one fanart with it compared to so many others of Utopia or Hellfire). I was thinking about the spandex suit that was a white version of the ones the kids wore. Wish the business suit one was more popular, its a good combination that shows who she is. I did like the Secret Empire one but I'm hesitant to do acknowledge anything her time from DoX until HoX/PoX unless we get some hard retcons lol.
    oh yeah the jumpsuit is horrible. I don't know why the dobsons (I think they were the main artist at this point) thought it was a good idea.

I just dread when we get the inevitable Iron Man suit that will be added as a costume to all her future appearances once the marriege happens.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    oh yeah the jumpsuit is horrible. I don't know why the dobsons (I think they were the main artist at this point) thought it was a good idea.

I just dread when we get the inevitable Iron Man suit that will be added as a costume to all her future appearances once the marriege happens.
    I never know who on the creatives to blame for certain choices tbh.
    The one she has in the covers she's on isn't bad, but nothing special IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA with this. She has a lot of looks but not a lot of iconic ones. If someone told me to picture her Krakoan look, I don’t even think anything stands out. She’s worn a lot but nothing that’s a definitive look. Really it’s the HFC, New X-men and some variation of what she wore during Utopia
    There was her outfit she wore to Sabertooth's trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was her outfit she wore to Sabertooth's trial.
    that little skirt thing is cute and has been used a couple of other times, but it's not long lasting. it was more the scene that sticks in people's mind, but I think most people didn't pay attention to the outfit.

I think the pantsuit thing from the Jean Grey/Emma giant size is probably her most iconic "krakoan look". But that got undercut severely by the Galas.