Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. The bustier bodysuit with the cropped jacket...an updated version of her Gen-X DominatrixBusiness suit...would be the standard go-to Krakoa look, with her Astonishing XM looks being her regular QC meeting "business" attire. Everything else is just her fabulushness on show.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    that little skirt thing is cute and has been used a couple of other times, but it's not long lasting. it was more the scene that sticks in people's mind, but I think most people didn't pay attention to the outfit.

I think the pantsuit thing from the Jean Grey/Emma giant size is probably her most iconic "krakoan look". But that got undercut severely by the Galas.
    This just made me realize the outfit from the Invincible Iron Man covers is the same one as the Giant sized issue and the Marauders covers. I don't think she actually wore it much outside of the giant-sized issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. The bustier bodysuit with the cropped jacket...an updated version of her Gen-X DominatrixBusiness suit...would be the standard go-to Krakoa look, with her Astonishing XM looks being her regular QC meeting "business" attire. Everything else is just her fabulushness on show.
    The bodysuit doesn't really feel very business like other than the jacket, which IMO is the opposite of the Gen X which was pretty business like other than the top. Never considered that the QC outfit could be considered just an updated version of Astonishing.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's the same silhouette...jacket over a bustier and fitted pants with stilettoes. Just her GenX look had those straps and she carried a crop. Here they are side by side in Russell's cover.
    Emma Frost 03.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's the same silhouette...jacket over a bustier and fitted pants with stilettoes. Just her GenX look had those straps and she carried a crop. Here they are side by side in Russell's cover.
    Emma Frost 03.jpg
    Yeah, I see it when they're side by side. Maybe its the jacket and/or a body suit vs bustier with a body suit that made me see them differently.

Emma Frost 03.jpg
    off topic as I am indifferent about her Gen X look, I must say I really wish a better artist would draw her again in the xenogenesis look, I really enjoy how russell has drawn it here, it could look really good if not drawn as cheesecake trash.

Just read Immortal X-Men and wow I really enjoyed Emma's appearances in it, the scene with her and Shaw was great and was a wonderful callback to the Judgment Day tie-in of Immortal, it really does show that Shaw does not know Emma like he claims to do, and that she will always have him figured out. I do wonder though the implications of Fisk being the White King and ultimately the new owner of the HFC, how does this factor in with Invincible Iron Man and their conquest in taking back the club from presumably Shaw who as we have just seen lost it and is expelled from the club.

The scene with Emma communicating with Charles was great as well, her worrying about him after all they've been through this era is touching. Also her reaching out to T'Challa, Reed and Strange was a small moment I enjoyed too
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    off topic as I am indifferent about her Gen X look, I must say I really wish a better artist would draw her again in the xenogenesis look, I really enjoy how russell has drawn it here, it could look really good if not drawn as cheesecake trash.

Just read Immortal X-Men and wow I really enjoyed Emma's appearances in it, the scene with her and Shaw was great and was a wonderful callback to the Judgment Day tie-in of Immortal, it really does show that Shaw does not know Emma like he claims to do, and that she will always have him figured out. I do wonder though the implications of Fisk being the White King and ultimately the new owner of the HFC, how does this factor in with Invincible Iron Man and their conquest in taking back the club from presumably Shaw who as we have just seen lost it and is expelled from the club.

The scene with Emma communicating with Charles was great as well, her worrying about him after all they've been through this era is touching. Also her reaching out to T'Challa, Reed and Strange was a small moment I enjoyed too
    People have been speculating that Fisk is going to double cross Emma since he said she wouldn't regret it. Seems like there might be a three way fight for control of the Hellfire Club if Emma doesn't think Fisk is holding up his part to the bargain, but we'll have to see in Invincible Iron Man. I wonder how much of that issue will be pre-time skip since this one had a decent amount for it.

Emma doesn't appear in CotV (which was expected) but Bishop and Cable are walking around New York in broad daylight with no issue from sentinels. Bishop was hiding out and moving only at night but I don't think that would do anything to sentinels. That's four we've seen (including Kamal and Kate) and two more implied (Rasputin because Synch wants her and Kamal to watch the Orchis prison together, and Nightcrawler based on his solicit) that aren't immediately picked up by sentinels like Emma was. I'll have to see with Uncanny Avengers and Dark X-Men but I think there's something special with Emma that the sentinels that make her a bigger target.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    People have been speculating that Fisk is going to double cross Emma since he said she wouldn't regret it. Seems like there might be a three way fight for control of the Hellfire Club if Emma doesn't think Fisk is holding up his part to the bargain, but we'll have to see in Invincible Iron Man. I wonder how much of that issue will be pre-time skip since this one had a decent amount for it.

Emma doesn't appear in CotV (which was expected) but Bishop and Cable are walking around New York in broad daylight with no issue from sentinels. Bishop was hiding out and moving only at night but I don't think that would do anything to sentinels. That's four we've seen (including Kamal and Kate) and two more implied (Rasputin because Synch wants her and Kamal to watch the Orchis prison together, and Nightcrawler based on his solicit) that aren't immediately picked up by sentinels like Emma was. I'll have to see with Uncanny Avengers and Dark X-Men but I think there's something special with Emma that the sentinels that make her a bigger target.
    I agree.. and possibly is Moira related. She know things about possible futures.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post

The way I interpreted it, I think it has to do with Emma being part of the WC that probably has her flag as a special target compared to anyone else. Kitty probably has some protection from it base on her powers. But let's face it, considering that orchis views Charles as defeated and Cyclops as captive, Emma is really the only real threat they got. Cable was probably counted in that rank but they had him capture until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I agree.. and possibly is Moira related. She know things about possible futures.
    Maybe Moira is going after her because she outed her existence? Could be.

The way I interpreted it, I think it has to do with Emma being part of the WC that probably has her flag as a special target compared to anyone else. Kitty probably has some protection from it base on her powers. But let's face it, considering that orchis views Charles as defeated and Cyclops as captive, Emma is really the only real threat they got. Cable was probably counted in that rank but they had him capture until recently.
    Maybe it is QC related. I'm inclined not to think so since Kate and Kurt are walking around without issue (since Kurt is being a spider person), but it might be. I think we'll see more in Invincible Iron Man but I think it might be because she got away from Feilong. They know she's out there and maybe Feilong is mad she got away.

Extraordinary Member

Emma’s joining her husband Tony Stark in the new Illuminati. They’re opposing Thanos.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ari-illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Emma’s joining her husband Tony Stark in the new Illuminati. They’re opposing Thanos.
    It's just a mini, but I wonder how permanent it will be. I can see Xavier not wanting to be involved in anything post FoX.

“Composed of Marvel’s greatest minds” oh i am so tuned in

Also who is that skull figure supposed to be?

This is so serious and special to me! Emma finally joining the mainline Illuminati. Very interested in the story and where this could possible lead her character
    Last edited by Diammandis; 08-11-2023 at 12:04 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

But Thanos is dead?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

oh yeah the jumpsuit is horrible. I don't know why the dobsons (I think they were the main artist at this point) thought it was a good idea.

I just dread when we get the inevitable Iron Man suit that will be added as a costume to all her future appearances once the marriege happens.
    Emma already has one. In last month's issue, the bad guys managed to inhibitor collar her, so Tony put his armour on her and had it evacuate her. That was the Mark 70, and Tony's been wearing the Mark Nil ever since (as seen in Avengers #3).

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    “Composed of Marvel’s greatest minds” oh i am so tuned in

This is so serious and special to me! Emma finally joining the mainline Illuminati. Very interested in the story and where this could possible lead her character
    About time that the Illuminati includes a woman. And it makes sense that Tony would bring in his new wife!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-12-2023 at 02:43 AM. Reason: typo
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

The skull figure can’t be the old Death.
    Because Marlo Chandler is the new Death.