Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

I'm slowly losing patience, I clicked the latest preview for X-Men 26 thought it was utter garbage and trying to talk myself into still giving it a chance. Then realised its futile

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm slowly losing patience, I clicked the latest preview for X-Men 26 thought it was utter garbage and trying to talk myself into still giving it a chance. Then realised its futile
    I'm willing to give it a try and see how things go for her. Some things don't fully make sense to me and I hope (but am not too sure) that they'll be explained. I'm more concerned about her relationships. The longer she's in Invincible Iron Man the more worried I am that they'll and develop a romance. I think this would also be a good time to further her relationship with Kate but I don't know if that will happen, I think its unlikely that Kate will pop up in Invincible Iron Man (even if they're dealing with Shaw) or how much Emma will be in X-Men after 26.

Given Kingpin's duplicity as shown in the X-Men #26 preview I would now guess that she transfers her assets to Stark instead (after taking them back from Kingpin) and the marriage is intended as a token of trust to safeguard her interests. The marriage could possibly take place before getting them back as well, seems Iron Man #11 might be about that.
    Last edited by myownlittleusername; 08-31-2023 at 10:50 PM.

'Fall of X' Declassified: Iman Vellani Breaks Down 'Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant' #1

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...lani-interview

Includes a first look on Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant #2.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    'Fall of X' Declassified: Iman Vellani Breaks Down 'Ms. Marvel: The New Mutant' #1

I wonder when this takes place, considering it comes out the same day as the wedding issue. I'm inclined to think afterwards since we don't see Fisk and Emma isn't Hazel. I'm a little concerned because it sounds like she wants to recreate the Emma/Kitty relationship from Whedon's run but there's so much backstory there that doesn't exist between Emma and Kamala. The only thing I can think of is IvX, which should just get retconned, or the persecution angle that got brought up in the first issue which is concerning because Emma's an ally.

Carlos Gomez Emma .

I feel like Kamala and Emma would have a rocky/complicated relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I wonder when this takes place, considering it comes out the same day as the wedding issue. I'm inclined to think afterwards since we don't see Fisk and Emma isn't Hazel. I'm a little concerned because it sounds like she wants to recreate the Emma/Kitty relationship from Whedon's run but there's so much backstory there that doesn't exist between Emma and Kamala. The only thing I can think of is IvX, which should just get retconned, or the persecution angle that got brought up in the first issue which is concerning because Emma's an ally.
    Big sister character, also Emma is one of her favourite characters

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Big sister character, also Emma is one of her favourite characters
    She did mention the big sister/mentor thing, but I wouldn't describe the old Kitty/Emma relationship that way, which is what I thought she wanted Kamala and Emma's relationship to be like.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Given Kingpin's duplicity as shown in the X-Men #26 preview I would now guess that she transfers her assets to Stark instead (after taking them back from Kingpin) and the marriage is intended as a token of trust to safeguard her interests. The marriage could possibly take place before getting them back as well, seems Iron Man #11 might be about that.
    Hmm I think you might be onto something with this theory and I would love for Emma to double-cross ol' Willie.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Emma and Kamala were on a team together during Infinity Wars, so they do have a prior relationship. It would've made sense for Kamala to see her anyway - Iron Man is one of her two main mentors (Carol of course being the other), ever since they were on the ANAD Avengers together.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Cosmi...rs_(Earth-616)

The timeline for Ms. Marvel is wonky. It's supposed to be 10 weeks after the Hellfire Gala, and in the summer. That's impossible, since the Gala was in July according to newspapers shown in at least two other X books. Ten weeks after that is definitely in Autumn. Hell, isn't that a double meaning for the name Fall of X? Fall is another name for Autumn and that's when the whole event is set!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Emma and Kamala were on a team together during Infinity Wars, so they do have a prior relationship. It would've made sense for Kamala to see her anyway - Iron Man is one of her two main mentors (Carol of course being the other), ever since they were on the ANAD Avengers together.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Cosmi...rs_(Earth-616)
    I remember the Infinity team but she still doesn't have the same history as Emma and Kitty did for Whedon's run (I'm assuming she's referring to Whedon's run when talking about the relationship). I didn't realize that she and Tony knew each other.

The timeline for Ms. Marvel is wonky. It's supposed to be 10 weeks after the Hellfire Gala, and in the summer. That's impossible, since the Gala was in July according to newspapers shown in at least two other X books. Ten weeks after that is definitely in Autumn. Hell, isn't that a double meaning for the name Fall of X? Fall is another name for Autumn and that's when the whole event is set!
    Is the X supposed to be 10? I thought it was just a way of saying an indeterminate amount of time later. I know they were talking about Fall also meaning Autumn but I didn't think it necessarily tied into the timeline.

Yeah, Kamala didn't substitute the ten for an X in her narration, so it is written as though it literally means 10 there. It would make a lot more sense if it was only two weeks later, as that would place it in August.

And Kamala knows Tony well enough that he knows her secret identity. Very few are trusted with that info (only a few members each of the Avengers, Champions and X-Men, plus the Inhuman leaders).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-02-2023 at 02:50 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, Kamala didn't substitute the ten for an X in her narration, so it is written as though it literally means 10 there. It would make a lot more sense if it was only two weeks later, as that would place it in August.

And Kamala knows Tony well enough that he knows her secret identity. Very few are trusted with that info (only a few members each of the Avengers, Champions and X-Men, plus the Inhuman leaders).
    It didn't even register that they said 10 weeks. I guess they needed time to let Orchis work and show just how bad things have gotten, but yeah I don't think Kamala would be staying at a College the first week of October. Tony makes sense why he'd interact with Kamala, but I guess its still weird to me that it sounded like Emma was only involved because she could use Tony.

Another interview with the Ms. Marvel creative team.

Sabir Pirzada on Ms. Marvel, Mutants, and More

https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...ants-and-more/

Emma Frost has been a big part of Kamala’s story this summer. Why Emma?

Pirzada: It was an informed decision, based on where Emma is in her life and in her story. We felt that that was a ripe opportunity for us to sort of combine some of the mentalities that these characters were having and contrast them against each other. And we were excited about all the relationships that we could build for Kamala that were gonna be new to her, where we could start her with a character in one place and sort of finish her with the character in another place by the end of this series.

Haven't had the chance to read Ms. Marvel #1 yet but I love Emma and Kamala so I'm hyped to see them interacting more and see how their relationship evolves. I can totally see the two of them butting heads consistently and razzing one another.