Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Also a higher quality version of the wedding day variant

saw this on twitter/X and thought this was hilarious. Men calling the wedding "gay" seemingly because of the "Mr and Mrs Emma Frost" blurb
    He must be really confused about gay weddings than. God, I thought he fell of the face of the earth when comicsgate died down.

Whew Invincible Iron Man cover dropped, looks like things are heating up in Iron Man.

Also seems like Mysterium is going to be the compound Tony uses to make his new suit

I just realized that Invincible Iron Man is only a tie-in for Fall of X until 12. Using that same site the second volume's title is about the wedding and the first volume only collects the first 5 issues but has more pages than the other two. So maybe this is the solicit and cover for 12? Duggan talked a little about the wedding issues in this weeks X-Men Monday and seemed to acknowledge that they don't like each other so hopefully this doesn't go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Emma already has one. In last month's issue, the bad guys managed to inhibitor collar her, so Tony put his armour on her and had it evacuate her. That was the Mark 70, and Tony's been wearing the Mark Nil ever since (as seen in Avengers #3).!
    Until it's designed for her on in her colours, it won't count. Though I'm sure that was the start of that inevitable storyline. Tony has one gimmick for the people in his life.

“Composed of Marvel’s greatest minds” oh i am so tuned in

Also who is that skull figure supposed to be?

Fina-fucking-ly. Xavier was always the worst choice (character wise they didn't do much with him, I mean, I get why they picked him originally) and don't even get me started when they have Beast in that seat.

Invincible Iron Man #10 Variant by Nathan Szerdy

There's something about the dress that doesn't work for me, but I can't put my finger on it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As far as wedding dresses and especially dresses for Emma go...it is very basic.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    He must be really confused about gay weddings than. God, I thought he fell of the face of the earth when comicsgate died down.
    Comicsgate?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As far as wedding dresses and especially dresses for Emma go...it is very basic.
    It doesn't look like this was well planned and something she's taking seriously

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    There's something about the dress that doesn't work for me, but I can't put my finger on it.
    The X is a weird look now that I think about it. But its been incorporated more into what she's been wearing in Krakoa. Do you think the regular cover looks weird too?

Basic is interesting way to put it. It doesn't feel all that different from what she might normally wear. Maybe that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Comicsgate?
    It was this thing a few years back where people were complaining about comics being progressive. He was one of the bigger/more popular voices. Guess he's still around.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

For me, personally, that's exactly it. The artist just pulled together design elements from her usual looks. The choker, the gloves, the cutouts, the bustier neckline...It's all very lazy considering this is Emma and this is a wedding dress. Other designers have taken inspiration from actual Haute Couture designs to showcase her HFG looks but he settles on something she would wear to a QC meeting or horse back riding for her wedding dress? No. Basic AF
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-15-2023 at 03:28 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

For me, personally, that's exactly it. The artist just pulled together design elements from her usual looks. The choker, the gloves, the cutouts, the bustier neckline...It's all very lazy considering this is Emma and this is a wedding dress. Other designers have taken inspiration from actual Haute Couture designs to showcase her HFG looks but he settles on something she would wear to a QC meeting or horse back riding for her wedding dress? No. Basic AF
    It is a bit odd that didn't get a designer or someone to design the moment. Although I'm sure thats more $$$$$.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It is a bit odd that didn't get a designer or someone to design the moment. Although I'm sure thats more $$$$$.
    I don't know if they got designers for the Hellfire Galas but even when those outfits missed it still felt like an attempt. The wedding dress not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I don't know if they got designers for the Hellfire Galas but even when those outfits missed it still felt like an attempt. The wedding dress not so much.
    Couldn’t say it better myself. It’s pretty much an amalgam of the Quietly costume template, her underrated New Tian costume and Emmeline Frost’s (Miss that queen and hope she’s thriving as a goddess in that alternate reality with Storm and Thor) steampunk dress look. I’d go as far to say that Emma would’ve worn that whole outfit minus the veil on a typical mission or Quiet Council Meeting.

Artists have proved that she can turn a fashion forward look with her Hellfire Gala outfits that aren’t like her field/civilian wear. However, I can take comfort going off of what posters have speculated on this thread about the wedding just being a business decision and/or will involve the Hazel Kendal identity and these covers are just bait.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 08-16-2023 at 06:26 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?

Really what???

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    They're hyping this up way too much, it's making me nervous that they might try and make it real after Fall of X. Her hair doesn't look as brown in this one (or Uncanny Avengers) so not quite so much like Moira. Interesting that they're spoiling Kingpin betraying them so early, but I guess we knew it would happen from the solicits and Immortal 15. Plus they're spoiling the cover that we saw for the third trade, makes me think it really is the last Fall of X tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?

Really what???
    Gotta make it look real to everyone else. The wedding to Hazel I don't mind. Trying to make it a thing after is different.
    Last edited by RAWRlrus; 08-17-2023 at 08:30 AM.