Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I thought a Banshee - Moira - Emma triangle would have been fun this era. Poor Banshee keeps getting shafted. Can someone even explain what his deal is in Legion of X?
    i have not been keeping up with Legion/Way of X but from what i do know is that after he was killed and skinned by Moira, he went to Mother Righteous and made a deal with her and she ended up giving him the Spirit of Variance.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I thought a Banshee - Moira - Emma triangle would have been fun this era. Poor Banshee keeps getting shafted. Can someone even explain what his deal is in Legion of X?
    After the recent traumas he'd been through, Mother Righteous offered him the Spirit of Variance to give him newfound purpose and strength. The downside is that he had to serve her, which he did for a thousand years in the Sins of Sinister timeline. At the end of it, Mother Righteous took back the Spirit of Variance and used it to power her spell to send info to herself back in time when the timeline got reset. That essentially retconned the Spirit of Variance out of existence, so current Banshee never bonded with it. However, he was resurrected following a battle with Mother Righteous, and all of his traumatic memories were erased, so he feels like his old self again. It's assumed that Legion did it for him.

Moira was pretty much in hiding the entire Krakoa era wasn't she? Like Emma learned she was around, outed her to Mystique and Destiny then Moira left, right? I'd rather have this triangle than the Jott/Scemma triangle, since theres no way Emma looks decent in that one, but I think I'd rather not have a triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Moira was pretty much in hiding the entire Krakoa era wasn't she? Like Emma learned she was around, outed her to Mystique and Destiny then Moira left, right? I'd rather have this triangle than the Jott/Scemma triangle, since theres no way Emma looks decent in that one, but I think I'd rather not have a triangle.
    Entire era? The era is still going so thats not accurate. The Krakoa era started in 2019 and Moira stopped being in hiding with 2021's Inferno. Thats almost half the time this era has existed. With that said a triangle wouldnt have worked bc Moira X has no feelings for Banshee or reallly anyone else other than herself. With the context that she's lived over 1000 years and is used to her life reseting, people have just been a means to an end for her. She is very mission oriented and I cant see the Moira that Hickman introduced ever trying to go back to Banshee on a real romantic level. That doesnt even take into account all the horrible Terminator stuff thats been done with her since
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-30-2023 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Entire era? The era is still going so thats not accurate. The Krakoa era started in 2019 and Moira stopped being in hiding with 2021's Inferno. Thats almost half the time this era has existed. With that said a triangle wouldnt have worked bc Moira X has no feelings for Banshee or reallly anyone else other than herself. With the context that she's lived over 1000 years and is used to her life reseting, people have just been a means to an end for her. She is very mission oriented and I cant see the Moira that Hickman introduced ever trying to go back to Banshee on a real romantic level. That doesnt even take into account all the horrible Terminator stuff thats been done with her since
    If Moria only used her mutant ability to reset the timeline as a means to an end for her... What was her goal and did she accomplish it when all was said and done?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah, I misspoke. When I said the entire era I more meant basically her time up until Inferno when she leaves Krakoa. But you bring up a good point in an Emma/Sean/Moira triangle not working because of how Hickman brought Moira back to prominence.

Emma's by David Go

She's A Lifebringer

Always have a soft spot for the Gen-X outfit, and her retrieving Sabertooth is iconic. I can't remember if that's the first time we see her in the Krakoa era or if her meeting with Xaiver and Erik was before it.

Always have a soft spot for the Gen-X outfit, and her retrieving Sabertooth is iconic. I can't remember if that's the first time we see her in the Krakoa era or if her meeting with Xaiver and Erik was before it.
    It's really such a shame that the Gen X outfit doesn't get any love, it's always either some variation of her astonishing look or the white queen outfit. Yeah the costume she wears when retrieving Sabertooth is so good too, i think that's one of my favs, its one of the my fav new outfits from her this era
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    It's really such a shame that the Gen X outfit doesn't get any love, it's always either some variation of her astonishing look or the white queen outfit. Yeah the costume she wears when retrieving Sabertooth is so good too, i think that's one of my favs, its one of the my fav new outfits from her this era
    She's the White Queen (even if others have the title) so using that look makes sense. New and Astonishing were when she got big for most people and the Astonishing look makes more sense to keep using since the New X-Men look is never used with the puffy coats and harder to justify with the skin X. But we should see some Gen-X inspired looks this era. It's very business but still being very Emma. Maybe if she's meeting with other countries/groups for Krakoa or if she's back with Hellfire perhaps meeting with trade partners.

David Nakayama Hellfire Gala Magazine Variant

All those "X" insignia's on her outfit...this is the most she has ever repped the xmen this era I feel like. If she were to join the xmen team in year 3 this would be a good induction outfit tbh.

Also the "Tony Stark: Just Friends?" caption, David and Marvel knows exactly what they're doing with that loool

She's the White Queen (even if others have the title) so using that look makes sense. New and Astonishing were when she got big for most people and the Astonishing look makes more sense to keep using since the New X-Men look is never used with the puffy coats and harder to justify with the skin X. But we should see some Gen-X inspired looks this era. It's very business but still being very Emma. Maybe if she's meeting with other countries/groups for Krakoa or if she's back with Hellfire perhaps meeting with trade partners.
    Yeah, I def thought we’d have seen it or a outfit inspired by it more this era where Emma has been seen rocking a lot of new variants of old and new costumes.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 06-02-2023 at 02:43 PM.
    She's A Lifebringer

David Nakayama Hellfire Gala Magazine Variant

Yeah, I def thought we’d have seen it or a outfit inspired by it more this era where Emma has been seen rocking a lot of new variants of old and new costumes.
    Damn thats a good variant. Looks better without the massive coat IMO. Can't tell if I like better with or without the magazine parts. Hopefully the answer is no, less than friends.

Regarding the Gen X look, it must just not be popular with writers or artists. The book gets referenced enough to know its not just totally forgotten.

No Emma in Iron Man, sidelined in Immortal (probably will be until after Fall of X, if there even is a QC focused book or she's on the QC). A small part in X-Men. The part with Kingpin didn't go the way I was expecting, but it has to be build up, otherwise there's no point in Kingpin being in the book. But the Scott and Emma conversation got me thinking about two things.

First, it sounds like it put to bed Emma being part of a/the Scott and Jean open marriage. If Scott says he thought Emma would contact him to hook up because she knew he and Jean are taking a break, it sounds like Emma wouldn't want to be with Scott if he was with Jean. But maybe that's my bias against her being part in the first place.

Second is the part about Kamala. The worst kept Marvel secret is that Kamala is coming back in the confidential mini during Fall of X. We haven't heard anything about Emma during those four months of books and I know a lot of people on here think she'll continue being in Iron Man. But is is possible that she's part of the confidential book? She assists with the Resurrection Protocols enough, has/had an idea about how to handle mindwipes regarding those who have/had a secret identity and was on a team with her during Infinity Wars. Just something that I thought of after the new issue.

No Emma in Iron Man, sidelined in Immortal (probably will be until after Fall of X, if there even is a QC focused book or she's on the QC). A small part in X-Men. The part with Kingpin didn't go the way I was expecting, but it has to be build up, otherwise there's no point in Kingpin being in the book. But the Scott and Emma conversation got me thinking about two things.

First, it sounds like it put to bed Emma being part of a/the Scott and Jean open marriage. If Scott says he thought Emma would contact him to hook up because she knew he and Jean are taking a break, it sounds like Emma wouldn't want to be with Scott if he was with Jean. But maybe that's my bias against her being part in the first place.

Second is the part about Kamala. The worst kept Marvel secret is that Kamala is coming back in the confidential mini during Fall of X. We haven't heard anything about Emma during those four months of books and I know a lot of people on here think she'll continue being in Iron Man. But is is possible that she's part of the confidential book? She assists with the Resurrection Protocols enough, has/had an idea about how to handle mindwipes regarding those who have/had a secret identity and was on a team with her during Infinity Wars. Just something that I thought of after the new issue.
    I was totally expecting more from Kingpin/Emma, I'm trying so hard to see where Duggan plans on taking this plot. Her appearance in Immortal was short but I enjoyed that small panel of Emma wanting to put Piotr to sleep, and then her blocking a psi-attack from Xavier while he had Cerebro (It's nice when writers remember that she and Xavier are on par with one another). I do wonder though with the end of Immortal, Piotr wanting to bring up what happened with Sinister and SoS, I can only imagine what happens to the council and by proxy Emma. As for Iron Man, i don't expect to see her in that book again until his FoX/HFG tie in where they officially team up.

Yeah, I'm glad that Emma shot Scott down, I can imagine that with everything going on right now the last thing she wants to do is lay in bed with Scott or console him about Jean and him breaking up. She has A LOT on her plate and being in a "relationship" doesn't fit in her plans at all...

I can see Emma helping bring back Kamala tbh, you also helped me remember Infinity Wars, the event that Duggan also took part in. As much as this whole Kamala thing has been, well excuse my language just ...shtty, I wouldn't mind seeing her bring back Kamala.
    She's A Lifebringer

I was totally expecting more from Kingpin/Emma, I'm trying so hard to see where Duggan plans on taking this plot. Her appearance in Immortal was short but I enjoyed that small panel of Emma wanting to put Piotr to sleep, and then her blocking a psi-attack from Xavier while he had Cerebro (It's nice when writers remember that she and Xavier are on par with one another). I do wonder though with the end of Immortal, Piotr wanting to bring up what happened with Sinister and SoS, I can only imagine what happens to the council and by proxy Emma. As for Iron Man, i don't expect to see her in that book again until his FoX/HFG tie in where they officially team up.
    I'm concerned for her in Immortal. I love the concept of a book focused just on the council, and the concept of the Quiet Council works well, but there are too many issues with how it was created and the rules in place. I'd like to see it continue after Fall of X, but I don't know if she would still be on it. Emma works best (IMO) in those sort of more plotting/less feat based books. If there's something after Fall part of me struggles to see any of them on there still, although I think a few could still work.

The Kingpin story I think will be interesting. I could see him trying to make power moves in New York while still in Krakoa (like Russian Mob) type things. Or uses Krakoa as a possible recruiting ground for taking power back in New York. But this scene was so pointless? Mostly like a set up for Scott and Emma to be on a beach by themselves. We don't need reminding that Kingpin is on Krakoa, we learned that last issue. And all Emma does is inform him of the laws like I would imagine happening for any new person moving onto the island.