Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Also i love that we got a another nice feat of Emma in SoS, her broadcasting a telepathic message to all of Earth. Also can i say Lucas absolutely slayed with Emma and Storm this issue they looked so amazing, literally dolls

When i was first getting into comics i literal thought she had ice powers, like her name is literally frost. Having a Iceman and Emma chimera could be so sickening like i need that now
    It’s kind if scary how much I love that design, the ice-crown is just perfect. Now that I think about it I also love when Emma telepathy is depicted with bluish/white tones instead of the usual plain pink and the crystalline kaleidoscope effects from the movie needs to find his way into the comics imo, it gives the idea that there is some level of synergy between her psionic powers and her diamond form.

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It’s ironic this happened considering that other poster was so adamant they’d never kill her
    How far back are they going in the story to undo all this damage? Before Sinister kills Hope? Let's see what sticks. Given that half of Marvel Earth are dead this ain't lasting in the main universe

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    Well, it does raise an eyebrow that Emma's first "true death" happened exactly one week before an event that depends on most members of the council having died at least once before the event started.

Seems kinda "forced" in a way, she only died so that she's positioned where the writers want her to be when the event starts. Specially since she was the one adamant on keeping her eyes on Sinister. I'm not complaining though, since the writers clearly have plans for her from their interviews.

Although the cynic in me can't help but point that, if Emma's and Storm's roles were reversed - and it was Storm the one dying just one week before the event started (while editorial highlighted in interviews how Emma dodging the ressurection protocols made her the sole survivor) - we would be hearing a lot of complaints right now.
    Not sure if it was reversed in Judgement Day but she and the Stepford Cuckoos certainly were killed then as well. Someone also mentioned she may have been killed in Storm's attack of the QC in the recent SOS issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Not sure if it was reversed in Judgement Day but she and the Stepford Cuckoos certainly were killed then as well. Someone also mentioned she may have been killed in Storm's attack of the QC in the recent SOS issue.
    Was Emma killed in AXE? I don’t recall seeing her body but it might’ve been off panel

Spectacular Member

That scene where the Cuckoos are shown with their heads on fire? Unless I missed something, she didn't die there, only the Cuckoos (also not sure whether that was reversed or not).
    I'm certain she died in Storm's attack on the last issue, but I was talking about her death one week prior to the event (in Immortal 10). This week's issue was already part of the event.
    But whether that's her first death or not, she died exactly one issue before the event that needed everybody to die so they would be infected by Sinister. The timing is convenient to say the least.

As I said, no big deal.

Judgment Day Emma´s possible death was reversed by the Celestial. he first death was the Sinister´s death so she could be resurrected by the compromised Hope thus becoming compromised herself... so if this goes AoA way and we go back to square one at the end of Sins of Sinister (likely to happen and btw I am really pleasently surprised by it. It is fun and interesting to read, to my surprise) we will go back to an Emma that actually has not ever died.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

We definitely saw the Cuckoos die in the main AxE book in issue 5 however really no on-panel confirmation that Emma died, also cant deduce too much from the SoS issue either, she could've been knocked unconscious too. If a writer wanted it could honestly go any ways depending on the story
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Judgment Day Emma´s possible death was reversed by the Celestial. he first death was the Sinister´s death so she could be resurrected by the compromised Hope thus becoming compromised herself... so if this goes AoA way and we go back to square one at the end of Sins of Sinister (likely to happen and btw I am really pleasently surprised by it. It is fun and interesting to read, to my surprise) we will go back to an Emma that actually has not ever died.
    I would not put it past Emma to have gone trough the resurrection process (in a very private way) just for the sake of getting a proper makeover and get to be her perfect self, please don’t take this as a way to disparage her, I think it would be funnily over the top + one of the many clever ways she always took advantage of modern commodities by living a luxurious life style.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

Does anyone have any guesses to where Emma’s isolation arc is gonna end up? I think the idea of bringing everyone back and ironically, being so alone is fascinating and weirdly makes sense with Emma history leading up to the Hickman era. That being IVX, losing Scott, being alone w/ no actual x-men reaching out etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    Does anyone have any guesses to where Emma’s isolation arc is gonna end up? I think the idea of bringing everyone back and ironically, being so alone is fascinating and weirdly makes sense with Emma history leading up to the Hickman era. That being IVX, losing Scott, being alone w/ no actual x-men reaching out etc.
    i have no clue tbh, writers this era (specifically Duggan and Kieron) have both emphasized how lonely she is, her loneliness probably a lot due to the instability of the Council and Emma's distrust of Sinister. Hopefully if/ when Sinister is defeated or set in line with the rest of the council I hope to see Emma put herself on a team (she has expressed interest in joining the X-Men team) or perhaps some sort of reconciliation with her students, as we've seen in X-Factor Emma still distances herself from them and is still flooded with guilt for what has happened to them. As much as I have joked about her becoming the "Queen" of Krakoa I dont really think thats the best fit for her right now, she sees Krakoa as a last hope for mutants and I think this puts a lot of pressure on her to make sure this all works out.

=
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It’s kind if scary how much I love that design, the ice-crown is just perfect. Now that I think about it I also love when Emma telepathy is depicted with bluish/white tones instead of the usual plain pink and the crystalline kaleidoscope effects from the movie needs to find his way into the comics imo, it gives the idea that there is some level of synergy between her psionic powers and her diamond form.
    Yesssss, agreed. The rest of the Psis should have pink power signatures, but Emma's should be blue imo.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Yesssss, agreed. The rest of the Psis should have pink power signatures, but Emma's should be blue imo.
    I’m glad you like the suggestion, the x-franchise has many telepaths and sometimes it feels like an extra dose of customization is needed to make them feel unique and special, tp is a very intimate and creative power so it kind of make sense for it to take different shapes depending on the user.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m glad you like the suggestion, the x-franchise has many telepaths and sometimes it feels like an extra dose of customization is needed to make them feel unique and special, tp is a very intimate and creative power so it kind of make sense for it to take different shapes depending on the user.
    Agreed. Kinda like how iconic Psylocke's purple butter fly psi-signature is, the rest of the telepaths would should have a signature style/color combo as well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    i have no clue tbh, writers this era (specifically Duggan and Kieron) have both emphasized how lonely she is, her loneliness probably a lot due to the instability of the Council and Emma's distrust of Sinister. Hopefully if/ when Sinister is defeated or set in line with the rest of the council I hope to see Emma put herself on a team (she has expressed interest in joining the X-Men team) or perhaps some sort of reconciliation with her students, as we've seen in X-Factor Emma still distances herself from them and is still flooded with guilt for what has happened to them. As much as I have joked about her becoming the "Queen" of Krakoa I dont really think thats the best fit for her right now, she sees Krakoa as a last hope for mutants and I think this puts a lot of pressure on her to make sure this all works out.

=
    Well said. I'd like to see her on a field team as it has been quite a while since she has seen regular combat. Don't get me wrong, I love our political monster Emma, but I also miss the days where she super-heroed with the rest of the x-men.

During a cameo in recent Excalibur there was a brief scene where Emma displayed little diamonds as her signature and Betsy (Malice) tries to swat them away. I don't remember ever seeing them before, or ever seeing them again, but I thought they were cute.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!