Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Happy New Year Darlings!

Promising year for Miss Frost. May the rest of her year be as great or even better than the first months of 2023 are set to be, with her guest starring in Captain America and Iron Man, and of course the SoS event!

Is anyone here playing Marvel Snap? I'm not, but the game was brought to my attention a few days ago, and I found Emma has quite a few variant arts for her card:

Ems.jpg

PS: I'm totally aware of the Saturnyne sneak in the last image. A lot of those cards are unreleased and taken directly from the source code, and since quite a few people have pointed out that's not Emma already, there's a chance they'll swap the art for something else when it finally gets released. OR we can pretend that's one of Emma's past Hellfire Gala dresses in a year she was feeling more modest than she usually is haha.

And we will have Emma in Immortal X Men #10... a resurrected version? alternative reality? it is a bit confusing as usual but that´s the fun of it

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    Happy New Year Darlings!

Promising year for Miss Frost. May the rest of her year be as great or even better than the first months of 2023 are set to be, with her guest starring in Captain America and Iron Man, and of course the SoS event!

Is anyone here playing Marvel Snap? I'm not, but the game was brought to my attention a few days ago, and I found Emma has quite a few variant arts for her card:

Ems.jpg

PS: I'm totally aware of the Saturnyne sneak in the last image. A lot of those cards are unreleased and taken directly from the source code, and since quite a few people have pointed out that's not Emma already, there's a chance they'll swap the art for something else when it finally gets released. OR we can pretend that's one of Emma's past Hellfire Gala dresses in a year she was feeling more modest than she usually is haha.
    I need to start playing Snap again, some of the variant cards i’ve seen for my faves look absolutely amazing
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

That was rather promising reg Emma for 2023

AIPT: OK, now I want you to put on your own Destiny mask and I’m going to throw some rapid-fire questions your way. First, who are three X-characters X-Fans will be talking about in the new year? The first three that come to mind… go!

Jordan: Whatever comes to mind… no, I can’t say that…

Certainly Emma.

I literally am thinking of the ones I really, really can’t say…

Probably Iceman.

AIPT: OK, last one. It’s a long year.

Jordan: It is, it is. And I’m trying to cast my mind across what I know is going to happen…

Let’s say Kate.

Last edited by darkalamator; 01-03-2023 at 04:57 AM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Yes indeed. And in the October interview with the X-writers Gilles said “Emma Frost will be big in Sins of Sinister.“ It seems she’s taking point on taking Sinister down.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes indeed. And in the October interview with the X-writers Gilles said “Emma Frost will be big in Sins of Sinister.“ It seems she’s taking point on taking Sinister down.
    I think she was the first one to express she was planning to do back in Hellions.

Jackson Lanzing (Cap co-writer)
    https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...c1miP4ePw&s=19

"Basically, I love a character who curates how they sound. Emma knows other people are judging her with every word, and so every single word is important. She wields language like power - like an outfit or a posture.

Characters like that are my drug. They let the writer go wild."

Jackson Lanzing (Cap co-writer)
    https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...c1miP4ePw&s=19

"Basically, I love a character who curates how they sound. Emma knows other people are judging her with every word, and so every single word is important. She wields language like power - like an outfit or a posture.

Characters like that are my drug. They let the writer go wild."
    OH I LOVE IT ! Jackson gets it, i really cant wait to read Captain America tomorrow ( a sentence i thought i'd never say)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she was the first one to express she was planning to do back in Hellions.
    yeah she was, he's been one thorn on her side that just wont go, so its going to be interesting to see their relationship and interactions in SOS
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    OH I LOVE IT ! Jackson gets it, i really cant wait to read Captain America tomorrow ( a sentence i thought i'd never say)
    I feel the same way. I can't believe I'm picking up a Cap book but here we are. With Lourdes as a sweet bonus.

I really enjoyed Emma's appearance in Captain America: SOL today.

spoilers:
    Though it's fairly brief she was immediately effective in helping Cap and the group, and she looked fabulous. But Peggy Carter and I are going to have problems. "Genetic supremacist"...? Pulling a gun on Emma? Thankfully Emma handled it breezily, perfectly, and I laughed out loud.
    end of spoilers

I wonder how Emma trajectory might have been different if Hickman got to use her instead of Beast in New Avengers.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I wonder how Emma trajectory might have been different if Hickman got to use her instead of Beast in New Avengers.
    I would love to know what he wanted to do with Emma, it surely had to be better than what ever Marvel was doing with her at the time.

spoilers:
    Though it's fairly brief she was immediately effective in helping Cap and the group, and she looked fabulous. But Peggy Carter and I are going to have problems. "Genetic supremacist"...? Pulling a gun on Emma? Thankfully Emma handled it breezily, perfectly, and I laughed out loud.
    end of spoilers
    [spoil] was a very nasty woman, she treated Emma terribly LOL. I enjoyed her short appearance it was short, sweet, and funny.
    She's A Lifebringer

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Peggy being anti-mutant isn't totally unfounded. In the House of M tie-in, she was a bit anti-mutant and argued with Steve about him publicly supporting mutant rights. So this tracks. It also stood out to me that even though Nick and Sharon both had reason to not fully trust Emma, but went through with it anyway. I do wish we kept Emma around a little longer. She was fun. The writers have also captured her voice well -- I'd love to see them write her more in the future.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I would love to know what he wanted to do with Emma, it surely had to be better than what ever Marvel was doing with her at the time.

[spoil] was a very nasty woman, she treated Emma terribly LOL. I enjoyed her short appearance it was short, sweet, and funny.
    So funny! Her reaction to Peggy is worthy of a scan but I'll wait a little bit since it's spoiler day.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    spoilers:
    Peggy being anti-mutant isn't totally unfounded. In the House of M tie-in, she was a bit anti-mutant and argued with Steve about him publicly supporting mutant rights. So this tracks. It also stood out to me that even though Nick and Sharon both had reason to not fully trust Emma, but went through with it anyway. I do wish we kept Emma around a little longer. She was fun. The writers have also captured her voice well -- I'd love to see them write her more in the future.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh interesting, thank you for that information. I would have assumed because Cap called for Emma, Peggy wouldn't just pull out a gun straight away. LOL! Hopefully the alternate version of Carter appearing in Betsy's book is nicer.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Of Course Emma would make that Steve's request word for her.