Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    Anyone recall which issue the following image is from?
    Attachment 128122
    It's Adam Hughes art of Emma and Jean (who here has been photoshopped out) from a cover for "Wizard Magazine" #129.

https://comicsforever.tumblr.com/pos...ver-for-wizard
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It's Adam Hughes art of Emma and Jean (who here has been photoshopped out) from a cover for "Wizard Magazine" #129.

https://comicsforever.tumblr.com/pos...ver-for-wizard
    Thank you. Do you recall if it went on to be used on any variant covers, as it mentions at the site you linked to that Wizard gave the art to Marvel?

Thank you. Do you recall if it went on to be used on any variant covers, as it mentions at the site you linked to that Wizard gave the art to Marvel?
    I wish I could answer that. I want to say no, because it looks like a variant that I would have purchased for my collection if I saw it.

I wish I could answer that. I want to say no, because it looks like a variant that I would have purchased for my collection if I saw it.
    I'm with you. I wonder if Adam has since published his drawing of it in one of his for sale sketchbooks?

I'm with you. I wonder if Adam has since published his drawing of it in one of his for sale sketchbooks?
    Dunno, I am pretty sure I have seen it available as a print at a convention. His sketchbooks are pretty nice regardless and worth picking up if you have the cash.

Was Emma mentioned in the solicits for Captain America #9 as well or was this the only appearance she makes in the storyline?
    She was only solicited for issue 8, she may get a name drop in #9 but thats probably it
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Marauders #26 variant

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Marauders #26 variant
    a bit too Drag Queen for my taste... but.. horses for courses
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I think they are going to profile Emma as a feminist hero.. this "women have to stick together" is becoming a motto of hers. They did it again in X Men#18

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I think they are going to profile Emma as a feminist hero.. this "women have to stick together" is becoming a motto of hers. They did it again in X Men#18

I can definitely see that, and honestly im not mad at all. For so long it seemed like writers refused to give Emma a healthy relationship with other women and to see Emma bury all her old beefs and become companions with Storm, Kate and Jean its so refreshing to see.

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Agreed. It feels very appropriate for Emma, especially in the Krakoan era and all that's been accomplished (and withheld), to recognize the strength and accomplishments of the WOMEN, and the power in their unity.

Emma has always given feminist, in her own way. Someone probably has that scan from the 80s of her berating the Hellfire Club waitress for having the audacity to be upset at the sexualized clothing they had to wear. I don't remember exactly what she said but it was almost like Emma was scolding the waitress for not understanding the innate power of her female sexuality and her ability to weaponize it, even while "playing the role."

That one scene gave the character so much ethos, I have never questioned or rolled my eyes at how obviously sexualized her costumes are. There is literally a canon reason for it that actually makes sense for the character, vs. sexualization for the sake of sexualization which we always see with characters like Kwannon['s body], Black Cat, Jessica Drew (in the past, not so much now), Elektra, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Emma has always given feminist, in her own way. Someone probably has that scan from the 80s of her berating the Hellfire Club waitress for having the audacity to be upset at the sexualized clothing they had to wear. I don't remember exactly what she said but it was almost like Emma was scolding the waitress for not understanding the innate power of her female sexuality and her ability to weaponize it, even while "playing the role."

That one scene gave the character so much ethos, I have never questioned or rolled my eyes at how obviously sexualized her costumes are. There is literally a canon reason for it that actually makes sense for the character, vs. sexualization for the sake of sexualization which we always see with characters like Kwannon['s body], Black Cat, Jessica Drew (in the past, not so much now), Elektra, etc.
    That rant is... questionable when Emma actually has a weapon. Namely, her telepathy.

Of course it is, it's Emma. She's not a paragon of morality. But she does have a perspective.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Of course it is, it's Emma. She's not a paragon of morality. But she does have a perspective.
    A very strong and individual and core perspective, quite unlike that of the other X-Women, because of said questionable morality. One that many women and men could easily understand, recognise and internalise. And why I've always loved her ever since her Hellfire Villain days.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-12-2023 at 09:07 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!