Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Of course it is, it's Emma. She's not a paragon of morality. But she does have a perspective.
    It's not really a question of morality from me. I just found it weird she'd view her sexuality as a more effective weapon than her telepathy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That may have a more to do with her views on men in general (as we saw in Marauders where she unbuttoned her blouse) but more specifically the types of men who frequented the Hellfire Club. Why expend psychic energy on the simpletons when T&A work just as well?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

My favorite Emma cameo in Excalibur was when she stepped in and sided with Betsy and Kwannon to extend Malice grace. Xavier and Magneto wanted to punish her but Emma won out.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I think they are going to profile Emma as a feminist hero.. this "women have to stick together" is becoming a motto of hers. They did it again in X Men#18

I get it in principle and think it's true for Duggan's Emma and some of her history, but sometimes feels a little "depending on the story and writer" type thing because I feel like she has screwed over some women in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get it in principle and think it's true for Duggan's Emma and some of her history, but sometimes feels a little "depending on the story and writer" type thing because I feel like she has screwed over some women in the past.
    Im trying to think but has she really screwed over any women during the Krakoa era? I mean probably Moira but like thats all i can think of? Possibly Kwannon, but thats fully debatable.

Emma’s biggest beefs with this era all are with men, Shaw, Sinister, Magneto and Charles.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Im trying to think but has she really screwed over any women during the Krakoa era? I mean probably Moira but like thats all i can think of? Possibly Kwannon, but thats fully debatable.

Emma’s biggest beefs with this era all are with men, Shaw, Sinister, Magneto and Charles.
    I think Kwannon was the main one I was thinking of in terms of anything recent...and like Firestar, although she realizes how badly she screwed that up.

Although it feels like you can't be on the Krakoan government or in a position of power without screwing over somebody at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

EmmaÂ’s biggest beefs with this era all are with men, Shaw, Sinister, Magneto and Charles.
    Maybe not in this era, but there's that time she tortured Storm and swapped bodies with her, her psychological abuse of Firestar and the part in her backstory where she told Shaw to kill her two friends from her early Hellfire days when he asked which one he should spare.

But Emma´s tale is a tale of redemption. It goes down to believing people can atone for past mistakes and make good or not. That is the complexity and the interest of the character. That is also why I didn´t like at all that they tried to make Jean and Dark Phoenix two different entities. Where is the growth? where is the interest? In this last Celestials/Eternals/X Men/Avenger saga that we had to endure last year the only really interesting bit for me was when Jean reasoned and interacted with the new born Celestial. That started to make Jean Grey (a character I have always loved and that I felt terribly marysued for years and years) someone I was curious about her future evolution. That is why I am an "Emma fan", one never knows what comes next.

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Emma is a essential part of the franchise now.

She has taken decisions that make the mutankind exist now.

Even if she was "nutty" at the Inhumans-Mutantkind conflict she managed to make mutankind win that war. even if she had to manipulate all mutankind to make it.
    Emma doesnt need to be a saint She needs to do credible stuff to the greater good.

"Emma says Hello" thats make you feel her pressence in all franchise. like the Sauron eye of Krakoa

There is something about "Sinister Emma"... I do love the cape. I am interested in what is going to happen there.

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

There is something about "Sinister Emma"... I do love the cape. I am interested in what is going to happen there.

Wow Emma sure made the most of Sinny's outfit.

Gorgeous. She looks amazing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Emma is a essential part of the franchise now.

She has taken decisions that make the mutankind exist now.

Even if she was "nutty" at the Inhumans-Mutantkind conflict she managed to make mutankind win that war. even if she had to manipulate all mutankind to make it.
    Emma doesnt need to be a saint She needs to do credible stuff to the greater good.

"Emma says Hello" thats make you feel her pressence in all franchise. like the Sauron eye of Krakoa
    I def think editorial recognizes the unpopularity of trying to take her back in a villain direction, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I def think editorial recognizes the unpopularity of trying to take her back in a villain direction, too.
    oh yeah i def think so too, they outcry when the final issue of IvX came out was incredibly loud, I think they learned their lesson at least for now. Its best for them to just keep her as a gray character with leanings towards good
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

This looks amazing !