Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1409
    Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^Of course that's the arc that established Firestar and Justice as Avengers... Rage being kicked out no longer made sense after that (and of course they've had other kids on the team since, like the future Champions in Waid's run and Starbrand in Aaron's).

That Avengers variant is anachronistic. Carol has her new costume but Tony's still in his Mark 70 armor, when it should be either the Mark Nil or the as yet unrevealed mysterium Mark 72.
    Thor’s costume is also wrong as it’s the classic Kirby and not the current Ross redesign which has black pants and a different belt. And Black Panther is also in his classic costume and not his current one with the cape and shoulder crest.

I'm hoping we get a little more downtime and relationship building in the next few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Thor’s costume is also wrong as it’s the classic Kirby and not the current Ross redesign which has black pants and a different belt. And Black Panther is also in his classic costume and not his current one with the cape and shoulder crest.
    Maybe they were all meant to be classic? Carol's costume was likely updated after a draft of her in her previous design, as her hair isn't braided.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Variant cover by Paco Medina
    The Avengers look so weird together after the recent costume changes. Carol and Thor in particular look like they belong to different decades and settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The Avengers look so weird together after the recent costume changes. Carol and Thor in particular look like they belong to different decades and settings.
    Carol looks like she's dressed for making a fashion statement than Superheroing.

Niffleheim

Carol looks like she is wearing a Ringmaster costume.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Scarlet Witch's costume is an updated take on one of her 90's costumes.

Fitting since America itself is slowly becoming Anachronism Stew irl.

^Of course that's the arc that established Firestar and Justice as Avengers... Rage being kicked out no longer made sense after that (and of course they've had other kids on the team since, like the future Champions in Waid's run and Starbrand in Aaron's).
    I know, right?! Maybe The Avengers are still miffed about their stolen Quinjet
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-21-2023 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I think I've pointed this out before, however, both, Justice and Firestar were already at college age when they were invited into the Avengers, and, as such, young, but not minors (I'm guessing 19-20 years old), unlike Rage. I can't argue about the Proto-Champions, though. I guess the Avengers charter was scraped when Bendis took over, and they never did re-write it. Coincidentially, though I did enjoy the more adult line-up Waid came up with later, I hated the kids in the Avengers. Avengers, for me, should mainly be seasoned professionals, and one or two rookies with potential, at the most. Adult rookies, preferably.

Peace

Yeah, Kamala, Miles and Nadia were all 16 when they were Avengers - Sam was only 15. Starbrand started out as a baby and had several age ups caused by her powers - she was physically a young teenager for the majority of her tenure. The previous Starbrand on Hickman's team was also a teenager, but he was college age (there was a Starbrand and Nightmask mini in ANAD where the duo enrolled at ESU, before Kevin was killed off in the Marvel Legacy one-shot to make way for Brandy).

Of course the same team had Jane Foster Thor, who would fit that adult rookie typing having long been the team's doctor, and Odinson's ex-love interest, but only recently at the time got her powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I think I've pointed this out before, however, both, Justice and Firestar were already at college age when they were invited into the Avengers, and, as such, young, but not minors (I'm guessing 19-20 years old), unlike Rage. I can't argue about the Proto-Champions, though. I guess the Avengers charter was scraped when Bendis took over, and they never did re-write it. Coincidentially, though I did enjoy the more adult line-up Waid came up with later, I hated the kids in the Avengers. Avengers, for me, should mainly be seasoned professionals, and one or two rookies with potential, at the most. Adult rookies, preferably.

Peace
    it is time for the Founders...and some other senior members...to come together and reestablish the Charter. Age and experience requirements, maybe nominations for membership, etc...
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    it is time for the Founders...and some other senior members...to come together and reestablish the Charter. Age and experience requirements, maybe nominations for membership, etc...
    ^^^The current lineup could prob. do that now, preferably in a down time/slice of life issue where the characters can interact a little in a non combat situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Tom Brevoort's latest newsletter has the inside story on the infamous and never-reprinted "size-changing sex" page from Geoff Johns' Avengers run.

Amazing to think the current Avengers run is likely to be Brevoort's last. It's hard to imagine the book without him at this point.
    Who would have thought that turning the X-Men into a tropical resort/Met Gala would tank the sales to the point the Brevoort would have to try to save it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Justice says that him and Firestar are now old enough to join the avengers in vol 3. So, they did confirm they were the right age. Ironic as the first honorary was a teenage rick jones! A teen spider-man could join also--he just had the easy task of defeated the hulk by himself!

I think the no kids rule makes sense when they were what they were in the 70s to 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Justice says that him and Firestar are now old enough to join the avengers in vol 3. So, they did confirm they were the right age. Ironic as the first honorary was a teenage rick jones! A teen spider-man could join also--he just had the easy task of defeated the hulk by himself!

I think the no kids rule makes sense when they were what they were in the 70s to 90s.
    I'm fine with the no kids rule since it allows the young/teenage heroes to form their own teams and tell their own stories. I just wish this rule was consistent. What made Kamala, Miles, Nova, and Nadia more Avengers-worthy then any of the young heroes who came before them wanting to join or at least be trained by the Avengers? They really need to re-establish that. Like didn't Nadia join the Avengers shortly after she debuted as a character? Must have had a impressive resume and references.