Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    https://twitter.com/Avengers/status/1639357252565078018

60th anniversary connecting variant cover by Alex Ross

Hank Pym is there twice.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Since then, did Busiek finally revealed the complete roster of this team ?
    Jack of Hearts; Songbird; Wasp; Wolverine; Captain America; Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell):

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Hank Pym is there twice.
    An homage to Carlos Pacheco, perhaps... ?

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-25-2023 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Did Some Research.

Awsome, truely, truely awsome!

There's Wasp, Jack of Hearts and Songbird, however, when Melissa is introducing herself to the team, she remembers that she was returning to the mansion after defeating Oort the Living Comet and his Solar Squadron and in the picture we can see a bearded Thor and, I'm assuming, Justice. There are probably other spots open.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Hank Pym is there twice.
    It could be Scott Lang as Ant-Man. He had already served quite often as a recurrent ally before he officially joined in Geoff Johns' run.

Peace

Yeah, Ant-Man is probably Scott. Wasn't his original costume one of Hank's which he stole? He later got his own costumes but his first one was Hank's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasp? Jack? They gotta include Songbird! If they do, then the future the version of her from the original Avengers Forever is from will become the present!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ans-gwen-stacy
    Vision and Wanda are a couple again.
    Another reason to give this book a try.

The Byrne stench may finally wash off Wanda and Vision.

Looking at this art with a bot more attention, I'd say this is the Avengers up to around #310 and WCA #50, give or take a few issues. There's Gilgamesh and Quasar and U.S.Agent and the original Human Torch, and even Spider-Man (probably due to his attempting to join the team in # 236 - 237), but I don't see Sersi, nor Spider Woman (Julia Carpenter). And I do see that there ARE indeed, at least, two Hank Pyms, for, other than Ant-Man in the left side, there is Goliath in the back and Yellowjacket below Hawkeye, which I almost missed.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 03-25-2023 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As the for the Captain Marvel mantle, it depends on whose running cosmic. Ewing would probably give it back to Phyla
    I doubt that, if Marvel is unable to make Carol as Captain Marvel happen then Phyla is an even bigger waste of time.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Jack of Hearts; Songbird; Wasp; Wolverine; Captain America; Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell):

Where is this image from? And why is Spider-Man 2099 there?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Looking at this art with a bot more attention, I'd say this is the Avengers up to around #310 and WCA #50, give or take a few issues. There's Gilgamesh and Quasar and U.S.Agent and the original Human Torch, and even Spider-Man (probably due to his attempting to join the team in # 236 - 237), but I don't see Sersi, nor Spider Woman (Julia Carpenter). And I do see that there ARE indeed, at least, two Hank Pyms, for, other than Ant-Man in the left side, there is Goliath in the back and Yellowjacket below Hawkeye, which I almost missed.

Peace
    I kinda feel like the artist just kind of picked and chose who they wanted. If Gilgamesh is there, for instance, then Sersi and Crystal should also be, particularly over Avengers-for-a-hot-second like the Shroud, Red Wolf or the original Guardians of the Galaxy (Yondu, Charlie 27, Vance Astro, Starhawk, Nikki). I could have the timing all mussed up in my head, but I feel like Gilgamesh was a member around the same time as Sersi, Black Knight and Crystal...

Good catch on the multiple Pyms! It definitely looks like Pym Yellowjacket and not Rita, and the Goliath is clearly one of Pym's costumes, not the one briefly worn by Hawkeye, when he took on that role. (The Ant-Man could be either him on Lang.) Those whacky Pym particles, who knew that they let you appear in more than one place at a time?

Neat that Jarvis and Rick Jones (and Jocasta!) got to appear as well. And there's Captain Mar-Vell. Was he even ever an Avenger?

So many 'B and C-tier' Avengers that I'd love to see more of! Black Knight, Mockingbird, Swordsman, Jocasta, Machine Man, Tigra, Doctor Druid, Monica Rambeau, USAgent, Moondragon, etc!

The only two I'm not sure about is the face in Hercules and She-Hulk's armpits (just over Mantis' head) and the figure behind and above Firebird (which looks ever so faintly like Genis-Vell? Which would be totally anachronistic with the rest, so, probably not).

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I kinda feel like the artist just kind of picked and chose who they wanted. If Gilgamesh is there, for instance, then Sersi and Crystal should also be, particularly over Avengers-for-a-hot-second like the Shroud, Red Wolf or the original Guardians of the Galaxy (Yondu, Charlie 27, Vance Astro, Starhawk, Nikki). I could have the timing all mussed up in my head, but I feel like Gilgamesh was a member around the same time as Sersi, Black Knight and Crystal...

Good catch on the multiple Pyms! It definitely looks like Pym Yellowjacket and not Rita, and the Goliath is clearly one of Pym's costumes, not the one briefly worn by Hawkeye, when he took on that role. (The Ant-Man could be either him on Lang.) Those whacky Pym particles, who knew that they let you appear in more than one place at a time?

Neat that Jarvis and Rick Jones (and Jocasta!) got to appear as well. And there's Captain Mar-Vell. Was he even ever an Avenger?

So many 'B and C-tier' Avengers that I'd love to see more of! Black Knight, Mockingbird, Swordsman, Jocasta, Machine Man, Tigra, Doctor Druid, Monica Rambeau, USAgent, Moondragon, etc!

The only two I'm not sure about is the face in Hercules and She-Hulk's armpits (just over Mantis' head) and the figure behind and above Firebird (which looks ever so faintly like Genis-Vell? Which would be totally anachronistic with the rest, so, probably not).

It's the Whizzer ... and the Iceman like figure? That would be Martinex, I believe, from the OG Guardians of hte Galaxy.

In the article at Marvel.com Alex Ross explains his choices.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=206904065

"In the case of the Avengers, I wanted to capture something of the era I grew up with, but also something extensive,” Ross said. “So I captured the first 30 years of that team, from the '60s through the '80s. I end where 1989 closes. I'm trying to make sure my work is aligning with how the character looked and also the attitudes the characters had."

The picture there is much bigger, if you want to see more.

https://cdn.marvel.com/content/1x/un...ting-cover.jpg
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They need to make large posters of stuff like this.
    I'm sure they will. Plus, given all the merchandise that came from the Heroes Mural that Ross did a year or so back, we'll probably get a ton of stuff. Which will make me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Yes plz, the big vinyl poster like a few years ago.
    I think that's the only thing we didn't get with Ross' mural. That would be awesome!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Gilgamesh joined in Avengers #300. John Byrne didn't want to use him, so he gave him an unspecified weakness that took him away from the roster in Avengers #310, and Cap officially invited Sersi to be his Eternal representative replacement in Avengers #314 (though she had already aided him and the team a couple of times before). Black Knight has been an Avenger since the late 60's. He had a lengthy service during Roger Stern's run and, incapacitated by the Ebony Blade's curse, left the team shortly before issue #300. He returned to prominence in Harras and Epting's run, which also inducted Crytal into the team.
    Cap was an often ally to the team, though he never officially joined, and was postumously made an honorary Avenger.

As Reviresco has said, that's the Whizzer in Herc's armpit and Martinex is the Ice-Man like figure. There are pleanty of honorary Avengers, such as the original GotG, Red Wolf, the Whizzer and Rick Jones, and some frequent allies, such as Spidey, Stingray, the Shroud and Machine Man, who was later officially made an Avengers reservist.

Peace

I never made up a full roster.

If and when we ever got to that point, I wanted things to be flexible enough to accommodate whatever the book needed at the time.

I would not have ever included Wolverine on an Avengers roster, though.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Where is this image from? And why is Spider-Man 2099 there?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-25-2023 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

This is awesome! Like others have said, one of the Ant-Men is probably Scott Lang, but as for both Goliath and Yellowjacket? I was trying to think if they were clever with Clint or Bill Foster...but no Hawkeye is clearly front and center plus skin color for Bill. Hank is such a ego maniac he demanded to be in more then once. Also I'm happy Beast is there too, and though he's hiding in the back my man Jarvis is there too! Don't be shy Jarvis, you are the best Butler the Avengers could ever ask for.