Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Just feels like too much MCU synergy going on with the line up. They are all either prominent in the MCU or have upcoming projects.

I could see maybe doing 2-3 of them....with other characters who haven't gotten as much love over the years.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You'd think Ultron would be super obsessed with Hanks biological kid.
    In a way Hank Pym has two kids. Criti Noll, the Skrull that impersonated him during the Secret Invasion era had a kid with Tigra. In order to use their powers the Skrulls had to inject themselves with their human's DNA... or something like that. So Noll was a genetic copy of Hank. That means biologically William Nelson is Hank Pym's kid. Ultron might be interested in him too.

Yeah, and both Hank and Nadia have met him and accepted him as their son and brother respectively. It was Hank himself who did the DNA tests that proved William was a Pym, in Avengers Academy #7. Tigra attended Nadia's birthday party in Unstoppable Wasp, and that's when Nadia met her baby brother.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

#1 was OK. Thanks for reminding me that T'Challa's getting disrespected in his own book, McKay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just feels like too much MCU synergy going on with the line up. They are all either prominent in the MCU or have upcoming projects.

I could see maybe doing 2-3 of them....with other characters who haven't gotten as much love over the years.
    I agree. Can I get some Wonder Man, Quasar, Tigra, etc?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    #1 was OK. Thanks for reminding me that T'Challa's getting disrespected in his own book, McKay.

Wonder Man's got an upcoming...but yeah.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Tigra's at least practically the female lead of Moon Knight right now.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Here's hoping that Marvel writers expand on that story point in the future.
    Her android counterpart could be called Ismene, Oedipus & Jocasta’s daughter.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Ultimate Member

I'd love if we could get a second Avengers book with some people who aren't Thor, Cap and Iron Man on it. Maybe have some room for Hawkeye, Wasp, Monica Rambeau, Black Knight, Quicksilver, Tigra, etc. Maybe even some real second-stringers like Living Lightning or Synapse or Songbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd love if we could get a second Avengers book with some people who aren't Thor, Cap and Iron Man on it. Maybe have some room for Hawkeye, Wasp, Monica Rambeau, Black Knight, Quicksilver, Tigra, etc. Maybe even some real second-stringers like Living Lightning or Synapse or Songbird.
    That'd be cool .

Extraordinary Member

For now I'm just grateful to have Wanda back after years of MCU synergy not helping her much, and I'm sure others will join over time.

Someone should do a chart or something of how Avengers lineups start out vs. how they end up. It's tricky because they relaunch the series during the same writer's run, but I think the lineup that changed the least may have been the one Steve Englehart introduced in Avengers 150/1 just before he left. Up until the big lineup change in Avengers 211 it remained surprisingly stable. Even the characters who weren't technically part of the lineup but appeared a lot, like Thor and Wonder Man, took years to be reinstated as full-time members. There were a few changes of course, like Carol joining and the infamous way she left, but if you jumped from Avengers 151 to Avengers 210 it would seem like not a lot had changed.

Extraordinary Member

Do the Avengers have a plan if the team is dealing with an Avengers level threat...and there is another Avengers level threat going on?

Say for example the main team if dealing with Ultron....when Jarvis (who is hanging out and Avengers HQ) gets a call that there is a demi-god bringing an extra-dimensional army through the Nexus of All Realities in the Everglades. Does Jarvis activate a back up team?

Mighty Member

JSA-02.jpg

One of the Most Important Avengers doesn't star in any book in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    JSA-02.jpg

One of the Most Important Avengers doesn't star in any book in 2023.
    Poor guy got lumped into a team that only has a mini to their name, and just came and went in a flash.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor guy got lumped into a team that only has a mini to their name, and just came and went in a flash.
    At least he had that though...how many have not really been seen in years?

Yeah, Clint's not in limbo at least.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman