Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 428288899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1409

Kang's actor's been fired, so I guess the current comic run's synergy just collapsed.
    https://deadline.com/2023/12/jonatha...ct-1235671790/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that's a problem. There's nothing unusual about an Avengers run using Kang, and they're not using him in a way that tracks with the MCU version, so it doesn't really come off as synergistic or something they'll have to change if the MCU version gets downplayed (which might have happened anyway, after the tepid response to Quantumania).

Maybe Kang has been a bit overused in the last 10 years, but that's a separate issue.

Comic Kang is still white, so...

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Well, I've now nearly read 300 issues of Avengers and oh boy, while the Roger Stern run is definitely one of the best, you can really see the flaws of modern comics today in it. There's plenty of event tie-ins with Secret Wars 2, Jean Grey, Spider-Man, and now most recently Inferno. In addition, the story arcs become longer and more complicated, but they're still really good.

By the time Simonson takes over, The Avengers no longer feel too much like The Avengers but a minor band of heroes cause their number count becomes so low. It just feels crazy that the team only has four members after Monica gets depowered.

Of course I've enjoyed every minute of it, but my Marvel Unlimited Subscription is ending tomorrow so who knows when my Avengers read-through will continue... One of my goals actually is to collect all of West Coast Avengers in backissues at comic cons and shows. (I haven't read this book yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Well, I've now nearly read 300 issues of Avengers and oh boy, while the Roger Stern run is definitely one of the best, you can really see the flaws of modern comics today in it. There's plenty of event tie-ins with Secret Wars 2, Jean Grey, Spider-Man, and now most recently Inferno. In addition, the story arcs become longer and more complicated, but they're still really good.

By the time Simonson takes over, The Avengers no longer feel too much like The Avengers but a minor band of heroes cause their number count becomes so low. It just feels crazy that the team only has four members after Monica gets depowered.

Of course I've enjoyed every minute of it, but my Marvel Unlimited Subscription is ending tomorrow so who knows when my Avengers read-through will continue... One of my goals actually is to collect all of West Coast Avengers in backissues at comic cons and shows. (I haven't read this book yet.)
    I did my Avengers run earlier this year through Marvel Unlimited too. Love it, probably my favorite subscription service. I hate that DC hasn’t made their reader available in my region.

Can't afford to renew?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kang's actor's been fired, so I guess the current comic run's synergy just collapsed.
    https://deadline.com/2023/12/jonatha...ct-1235671790/
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think that's a problem. There's nothing unusual about an Avengers run using Kang, and they're not using him in a way that tracks with the MCU version, so it doesn't really come off as synergistic or something they'll have to change if the MCU version gets downplayed (which might have happened anyway, after the tepid response to Quantumania).

Maybe Kang has been a bit overused in the last 10 years, but that's a separate issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Comic Kang is still white, so...
    Yeah, I sincerely hope Kang doesn't get screwed in the comics just because they messed things up in the MCU. That's why I hate the whole MCU synergy crap. Real life has much more of a chance of screwing up things in the movies than in the comics (as an exemple of the later, we can cite Gerard Jones and how his going to jail screwed up the reprint potential of basically any project he was involved in).

Peace

Honestly, if you've reached the 300, you've basically got the best stuff. Stern's run certainly is my favorite. The book does have a significant drop in quality after that, despite the good talent that worked in it (John Byrne, Fabian Nicieza, Larry Hama, Paul Ryan, etc...), seeming quite aimless, until Harras and Epting start the Gatherers saga, around the mid-340's, however, after epting leaves, the book drops again basically until it is canceled for the Heroes Reborn event, with issue 402. Busiek and Perez's relaunch of vol. 03 sure is a return to greatness, though.
    As for WCA, throughout most of it's run, it actually WAS my favorite Avengers book, foccusing on many of my favorite Avengers (Wonder Man, Hank Pym, Hawkeye, Wasp, Vision, Firebird, etc...), though, unlike most, I like Roy Thomas and David Ross' run the best, followed by Byrne's and finally by Englehart and Milgrom's (which, IMHO, had so many great concepts and ideas, and yet, there's SO much that they did wrong with it).

Peace

Avengers in the Blood Hunt previews
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ckay-interview

"This is me being reasonable"

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I did my Avengers run earlier this year through Marvel Unlimited too. Love it, probably my favorite subscription service. I hate that DC hasn’t made their reader available in my region.
    Yeah I've actually used it way more than any other streaming service.

Can't afford to renew?
    Yeah and I'm actually switching sides.. to DC! My local library has a pretty great selection of digital comic books so I'm trying out some DC comics like Flash and Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Honestly, if you've reached the 300, you've basically got the best stuff. Stern's run certainly is my favorite. The book does have a significant drop in quality after that, despite the good talent that worked in it (John Byrne, Fabian Nicieza, Larry Hama, Paul Ryan, etc...), seeming quite aimless, until Harras and Epting start the Gatherers saga, around the mid-340's, however, after epting leaves, the book drops again basically until it is canceled for the Heroes Reborn event, with issue 402. Busiek and Perez's relaunch of vol. 03 sure is a return to greatness, though.
    As for WCA, throughout most of it's run, it actually WAS my favorite Avengers book, foccusing on many of my favorite Avengers (Wonder Man, Hank Pym, Hawkeye, Wasp, Vision, Firebird, etc...), though, unlike most, I like Roy Thomas and David Ross' run the best, followed by Byrne's and finally by Englehart and Milgrom's (which, IMHO, had so many great concepts and ideas, and yet, there's SO much that they did wrong with it).

Peace
    It's been addicting, I still want to read the Busiek run and see just what actually happens to all the characters good and bad.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Mackay's Avengers and Pepe Larraz plus Vampires...is an absofuckinglutely MUST BUY!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Love the 70s and 80s era avengers and wca.

Also, if you have not read them yet check out the early vol 3 avengers comic. Some great stories.

A new cartoon just launched on the MarvelHQ Youtube channel.

It's called Jeff and the Avengers. Apparently Jeff the Land Shark has upgraded from the West Coast/Young Avengers to the main team!
    https://bleedingcool.com/tv/its-jeff...nimated-debut/

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Avengers in the Blood Hunt previews
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ckay-interview
    At the very least this event warrants balls-to-the-wall action more than the main Avengers book does.
    A new cartoon just launched on the MarvelHQ Youtube channel.

It's called Jeff and the Avengers. Apparently Jeff the Land Shark has upgraded from the West Coast/Young Avengers to the main team!
    https://bleedingcool.com/tv/its-jeff...nimated-debut/
    Closest we can get to an Avengers cartoon in this day and age.

Jarvis is back.

AVENGERS #11
    JED MACKAY (W) • C.F. VILLA (A) • STUART IMMONEN (C)
    FORESHADOW VARIANT COVER BY GEOFF SHAW
    VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    HEADSHOT SKETCH VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY MARTÍN CÓCCOLO
    The Avengers watch over the planet from their orbital super-fortress, the Impossible City. But a headquarters is not necessarily a home, and on new territory, the Avengers are vulnerable – which calls for one of their oldest allies to come to their aid! ENTER: EDWIN JARVIS!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99