Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1409

Hey need some Avengers help here. After Avengers Disassembled who wanted to kill scarlet witch? Was it the Avengers or the X-Men?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hey need some Avengers help here. After Avengers Disassembled who wanted to kill scarlet witch? Was it the Avengers or the X-Men?
    X-Men. Even up through Children's Crusade when they found Wanda, she repowered Rictor and was going to undo "no more mutants".
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    X-Men. Even up through Children's Crusade when they found Wanda, she repowered Rictor and was going to undo "no more mutants".
    Thanks for the help. It’s greatly appreciated. I couldn’t remember for anything lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Cool. Simon looks much better in this George Perez designed costume than in the one with the arms and leg bands he's been sporting in recent years. I hope he also ditched the pacifist attitude.

A west-coast team of Wonder Man, Beast, Tigra, Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter, I presume? Though I'd also be fine with Jessica Drew), Firebird and Quicksilver, led by Mockingbird would be, IMHO, a blast to read. Plenty of muscle, fire-power and brains.

Peace
    Is Wonder Man the Marvel version of Johnny Cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Borrow? Cerebra was another type of Cerebro unit, right? Which means it would need a psychic to use it (and would it even be able to detect people who no longer have an X gene?). She'd have needed help from someone like Emma Frost or Psylocke (Jean was dead at the time, I think). Of course she never did find them all - it wasn't until the Krakoa era that Decimation was undone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Borrow? Cerebra was another type of Cerebro unit, right? Which means it would need a psychic to use it (and would it even be able to detect people who no longer have an X gene?). She'd have needed help from someone like Emma Frost or Psylocke (Jean was dead at the time, I think). Of course she never did find them all - it wasn't until the Krakoa era that Decimation was undone.
    I believe Hope did something with Wanda in the years between that somehow ended at least part of Decimation, since lots of mutants appeared with powers again (while others strangely remained depowered, for no reason that was ever explained) and mutant babies started being born again (which, how would you even know, since it takes ~13 years for 99% them to bake as normal humans before they hit puberty and their mutation shows up?).

But, like so much of X-history, it's kind of a muddle, with different writers having different ideas about what was going on. During the Decimation, at least *three* individuals supposedly channeled all the energy of the depowered mutants. Some dude in X-Factor (the Isolationist), Michael Pointer *and* Gabriel Summers. Like, dudes, do y'all even *have* an editor?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Is Wonder Man the Marvel version of Johnny Cage?
    You might say that.

Mighty Member

With Avengers Inc's dead and UA is launch for Fall of X direction. The Avenger's future looks pretty grim and bleak if you want to check out more B-listed Avengers. Still wishing an actual second team is still announced. I wonder how long Tom is still in charge of the editor before we can see his X-Men works. But that would take long since all the X-books are going through major ramifications during the 'Fall and Rise of X".

Summer (we know Avengers #12 is Brevoort's last). That's why all the X books for the new year are more minis, the line relaunches in the summer when the editorial transition is done.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Summer (we know Avengers #12 is Brevoort's last). That's why all the X books for the new year are more minis, the line relaunches in the summer when the editorial transition is done.
    Good. It's long past time that he left. Maybe we can finally get a return to a more classic take on the team.

Um, I said #12 is Brevoort's last (he mentioned that in his newsletter a couple of weeks ago I think). That doesn't mean McKay's run won't continue under Wil Moss's editorship.

I finally read the end of Aaron's run and...yeah.

I dunno, it was a fitting end to his run but it was just so...extra. Tons of variants of other characters (instead of, y'know, actual Avengers characters), tons of cartoonish stuff, tons of people saying "Avengers Assemble" until the point where it loses all meaning.

And why Aaron was so fixated on the Phoenix being treated like Thor's mom I'll never know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Looking forward to this especially with Vision ready to kick some ass.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel