Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yeah, that sure sums it up. Kudos. However, that has been Marvel's standard practice for the last years. They have simply cleared the board from writer to writer. In the old days (yeah, I am one of those dinosaurs), writers used to tie up ends left by the previous writers before comming up with their own line-up. It gave a sense of continuity. I guess that's what some miss, rathar than, "the team broke up, or is too busy to fully commit, get who you want together."

Peace
    I miss the days when books didn’t suffer from obvious “new-writer-itis”…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I recall press conferences, not public parties, such as the Hellfire Gala, which the previous poster mentioned. The Hama U.N. party is the only one I recall (during Simonson's short run, the Avengers led by Captain Marvel attended a gala, but as guests, only. They have also had huge gatherings among themselves, such as in Heroes Return, and in OGS, and even intimate gala dinners, such as the one Black Widow offered to Madison Taylor in Harras and Epting's run). I may be wrong.

Peace
    It has never been public parties...it was the team coming together to determine its future. Followed by an announcement of the new team.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

After looking it up got the event wrong. That issue did have a big news and speech (and jj complaining over spidey there as a reserve. Should someone tell him spidey was already a full avenger for three issues before that?) but the party was a few issues later for the new headquarters. Then doom crashed it! So much for security in your new base! Crashed by a bad guy in just the first day. Got the two events mixed up as both delt with rage and sandman who just joined.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    After looking it up got the event wrong. That issue did have a big news and speech (and jj complaining over spidey there as a reserve. Should someone tell him spidey was already a full avenger for three issues before that?) but the party was a few issues later for the new headquarters. Then doom crashed it! So much for security in your new base! Crashed by a bad guy in just the first day. Got the two events mixed up as both delt with rage and sandman who just joined.

[IMG][/IMG]
    This was a fun issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I miss the days when books didn’t suffer from obvious “new-writer-itis”…
    I mean would any of you be happy if McKay would just continue with Aarons nonsense?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. With all of this talk about Kang and the Avengers, I just wanted to highlight the miniseries that made me a fan of both, Avengers Forever:

This came out just at the time when I was discovering the Avengers. It definitely delved deep into Avengers lore. The issues featuring the secret history of the Avengers was a little confusing for me at the time. But Busiek's story was still great. And of course Carlos Pacheco's art was just top notch. Now, I had known about Kang before, but seeing Kang like this, strong, powerful, and taking charge, I didn't know that about the character.

Still an excellent read and highly recommended!
    Still stings that we haven’t gotten Songbird or Genis-Vell as Avengers after all these years (now decades).

Songbird was in Al Ewing's New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    Namorita's on that cover, obviously being the +1 to her cousin Namor. Which means she'd already met Rage before the Avengers kicked him out, leading to him joining her team, the New Warriors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Songbird was in Al Ewing's New Avengers.

Namorita's on that cover, obviously being the +1 to her cousin Namor. Which means she'd already met Rage before the Avengers kicked him out, leading to him joining her team, the New Warriors.
    Maybe she saw him at the party, but their original first meeting WAS in an Avengers book. The New Warriors met Elvin, and found out about his "secret" in Avengers #341-342, and that led to them seeking out his help in New Warriors #22, which led him to be kicked out of the Avengers.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    There was also the Heroes Return after they beat Morgan Le Fay when they elected a new team. And Avengers West did the same thing. More often than not though it has been about members leaving and new ones joining without all the pomp and circumstance.
    I remember those moments as well. Seeing issues focusing on Avengers membership showed me this really cool concept concerning the Avengers, that it was ever revolving and that it was important.

Exceptions like this may have been exceptions. But they were still pretty exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Did the exact same thing for me. When it came to Hank pre Avengers Forever I always preferred him as Giant-Man/Goliath but after Avengers Forever I was all about Yellowjacket. Of course it didn't hurt that Pacheco's art really made the YJ costume design look damn good.
    Avengers Forever made me a fan of The Wasp. That was the interesting twist on the story. Cap was featured in it, but he wasn't the leader. The story explicitly noted this stating how when the Avengers Forever team first showed up, everyone instinctively looked to Cap. Instead, he provided no answer as he was the Cap who had just witnessed the death of the leader of the Secret Empire who well know was implied to be the U.S. president. So it was up to Janet to take the reins and she did a great job. There were all these moments when she got to flex her powers and those were eye-opening for me. Didn't realize how powerful the Wasp was!
    Last edited by Tien Long; 03-12-2023 at 11:23 AM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I mean would any of you be happy if McKay would just continue with Aarons nonsense?
    Ha, well, you know me, I'm appreciative of Aaron's hot nonsense. Still, a passing acknowledgement a la "Hey, we just fought this big multiversal war with all of these variants and Marvel entities up the wazoo last week" would be enough for me.

Speaking of which, I've been rereading the last couple of issues of Aaron's Avengers Assemble story. Yes, it goes all. As has been mentioned Aaron really knows how to write a finale and the finale has many parts. Part 8 just came out on Wednesday:

Simply put, it's Aaron's Avengers at its most Aaron's Avengers-est! I'm liking it, but I'm looking forward to when McKay picks up the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Still stings that we haven’t gotten Songbird or Genis-Vell as Avengers after all these years (now decades).
    Wow, it's really been decades, right? Well, Genis-Vell is back properly in the comics. Perhaps we'll see that pairing.
    "I am a man of peace."

Hi all. Here is the solicitation for McKay's Avengers #2:

The Avengers find themselves with a rare gift – foreknowledge of the dangers coming their way in the form of the deadly TRIBULATION EVENTS. But can this information be trusted? And can even Earth’s Mightiest Heroes triumph in the face of cascading disaster?

AVENGERS #2
    Written by JED MACKAY
    Art by C.F. VILLA
    Cover by STUART IMMONEN
    On Sale 6/21
    Cover art can be found at the following link: https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/20/ex...ok-avengers-2/
    "I am a man of peace."

I hope Carol has learned from what happened in Civil War II.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can bet Jed will bring this up because it sounds so similar and Carol is leading the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can bet Jed will bring this up because it sounds so similar and Carol is leading the team.
    I hate that there were no consequences for Carol going full jack boot fascist in CW2.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Here is the solicitation for McKay's Avengers #2:

Cover art can be found at the following link: https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/20/ex...ok-avengers-2/
    The cover art looks great and I have to say I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a new series.