Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Aaron does finales really well. I got the issues people had with his run, but he's bringing it all together in an epic way. I'm just upset Blade and Black Panther seemed to be sidelined for it after being key characters for his entire run.
    I've been digging that finale. The Avengers Alpha one-shot felt a little rushed, but the subsequent parts have been entertaining. Read the most recent Avengers issues and I've enjoyed the fights between the Avengers and the Masters of Evil. There have been some surprise moments, some shocking deaths, some neat character twists and turns. Yes, it's a little rushed. This has been the case with Aaron's writing of the Avengers. However, it does feel epic.

Also, just to reiterate my previous sentiments, the Avengers feel like the underdogs here. It's crazy in a way since they are wielding Phoenix forces, Mjolnirs, and Spirits of Vengeance. Maybe it's just Aaron "dumbing down" and casually playing with these monumental forces. However, I also attribute it to the fact that the Avengers are always in dire straits, are always the heroes that make a reader go, "Really? THEM?!" And then they prove you wrong.

I've been reading the run in trades but it lost me a long time ago. I don't think that's going to change.
    Understood. Reading the individual issues month to month can be confusing. When there is a block of time, you forget certain things and you go a little "WTF?" That was me.

However, taking a step back and reading things in totality and with a fresh mind, you tend to see the story can make sense.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I've been digging that finale. The Avengers Alpha one-shot felt a little rushed, but the subsequent parts have been entertaining. Read the most recent Avengers issues and I've enjoyed the fights between the Avengers and the Masters of Evil. There have been some surprise moments, some shocking deaths, some neat character twists and turns. Yes, it's a little rushed. This has been the case with Aaron's writing of the Avengers. However, it does feel epic.

Also, just to reiterate my previous sentiments, the Avengers feel like the underdogs here. It's crazy in a way since they are wielding Phoenix forces, Mjolnirs, and Spirits of Vengeance. Maybe it's just Aaron "dumbing down" and casually playing with these monumental forces. However, I also attribute it to the fact that the Avengers are always in dire straits, are always the heroes that make a reader go, "Really? THEM?!" And then they prove you wrong.

Understood. Reading the individual issues month to month can be confusing. When there is a block of time, you forget certain things and you go a little "WTF?" That was me.

However, taking a step back and reading things in totality and with a fresh mind, you tend to see the story can make sense.
    I’ve also seen the benefits of reading Aaron’s Avengers long-term. I’d re-read them a year later and see the story in a different light.

Mephisto’s machinations started intriguing me after issue 31 of Avengers. So, I started a project delving into what he is and his motivation was. That Mephisto has become so fundamental a character really surprised me and it has made me appreciate him way passed his ordinary role as a jinx- like character and more a complex schemer that has always been running a game through his whole tenure in Marvel. If nothing else, Aaron has elaborated a complexity on Mephisto we always missed.

But the real gift Aaron gave us is the elaboration he has given to The All-Rider, Moon Knight, the Phoenix, the Star Panther, and the historical Avengers down through time giving us an appreciation of the tradition that we never knew existed. This run has broadened the concept of the Avengers.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-05-2023 at 05:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think DisMarvel sees Marvel cartoons as a priority unless it's as an extension of sorts to the MCU.

I think we're lucky to be getting the X-Men revival.
    Oh that much is clear, it just feels weird that Disney of all studios treats animation as a second thought. When Marvel Animation was folded into Marvel Studios I thought they might go down the road of in-continuity series/animated movies (ie an animated movie bridging the gap between Avengers 1 and 2, just as an example) but then X-Men 97 and Spider-Man: Freshman Year are clearly doing their own thing (which is infinitely better from a storytelling perspective anyway) so I hold out hope a new Avengers cartoon could follow some day

Continuing my train of thoughts from the 2022 thread where I was theorising Jed MacKay is slated to relaunch the Avengers book after Jason Aaron concludes his run and follow up on his "missing moment" story with Kang - I recently went back and read the first Timeless one-shot, which was great... for some reason I completely forgot about the huge Miracleman teaser on the last page!

Couple this with Tom Brevoort's recent comments about how Miracleman "With The Avengers" Is "Inevitable" and I can easily see a relaunched Avengers dealing with Kang, his missing moment, fighting against/alongside Miracleman in 2023 written by Jed MacKay who set it all up in his Timeless one-shots.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 01-07-2023 at 06:10 AM.

I had a question about the Avengers. Do you think they'll make a new animated series for the Avengers anytime soon? With EMH and Assembled over it would be seem time for a new animated team. It doesn't have to be so MCU synergized though.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I had a question about the Avengers. Do you think they'll make a new animated series for the Avengers anytime soon? With EMH and Assembled over it would be seem time for a new animated team. It doesn't have to be so MCU synergized though.
    Unless they revive EMH or can tie it to the MCU, I kind of doubt it unfortunately.

I really don't see it happening but if so I'm sure it would be MCU styled rather than comic based.

As much as I'd love for it to happen, I think animation is a low priority for Marvel Studios at the moment, plus they already have a decent number of cartoons in the work (X-Men S01 and 02, Spider-Man S01 and 02, Marvel Zombies, What If) so they're stretched thin as it is. Avengers is their #1 property and, like I was saying a couple of posts above, I find it baffling they don't have anything animated in the works, but it is how it is.

I'm down to a couple of eps of EMH left now. I'm sad to finish it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    As much as I'd love for it to happen, I think animation is a low priority for Marvel Studios at the moment, plus they already have a decent number of cartoons in the work (X-Men S01 and 02, Spider-Man S01 and 02, Marvel Zombies, What If) so they're stretched thin as it is. Avengers is their #1 property and, like I was saying a couple of posts above, I find it baffling they don't have anything animated in the works, but it is how it is.
    I don't know if that second season is still happening because I think they laid off like 90% of the people who worked on season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Due to Hawkeye currently being the leader of the Thunderbolts, I don't think he'll be there. I think Namor will leave too. He's a villain in the MCU so him being an Avenger is NOT synergy. As for Jane, did Aaron only have her rejoin the team because he wanted to write her again (having been her solo writer when she was Thor)? I'm not sure she'll carry over to a new roster. I'm thinking Vision (classic member who wasn't in Aaron's main team), Ms. Marvel (all three Marvels there would be MCU synergy) and maybe one of the spiders would be on the team instead?
    Thunderbolts was a mini and it has concluded. While it certainly did not end with the team disbanding, I see no reason why a new writer on Avengers couldn’t use Hawkeye if s/he wanted.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

They said at the end of the last issue that the team would still be around. There's probably plans for them, likely in whatever Luke Cage gets used in next.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Reminds me of when the Kelly Thompson WCA made a few guest spots back when they were still a thing.

Speaking of, of course they can use Hawkeye... the same way Jason Aaron used Hulk! Use the female version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

About time for a line up change. I want Firestar back from the X-Office.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?