Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I've been reading All-Out Avengers. Seems pretty good and I'm liking the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They said at the end of the last issue that the team would still be around. There's probably plans for them, likely in whatever Luke Cage gets used in next.
    Hey, if they actually have plans to use the team elsewhere I’m all for it. However, if the status quo is that the team exists but there are no actual plans to show the them anytime, then I’d prefer that each of the characters be a “free agent” that any writer can use as they want.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    About time for a line up change. I want Firestar back from the X-Office.
    Request denied.
    "Cable was right!"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Due to Hawkeye currently being the leader of the Thunderbolts, I don't think he'll be there. I think Namor will leave too. He's a villain in the MCU so him being an Avenger is NOT synergy. As for Jane, did Aaron only have her rejoin the team because he wanted to write her again (having been her solo writer when she was Thor)? I'm not sure she'll carry over to a new roster. I'm thinking Vision (classic member who wasn't in Aaron's main team), Ms. Marvel (all three Marvels there would be MCU synergy) and maybe one of the spiders would be on the team instead?
    Namor is not a villain in the MCU. He was the antagonist in the movie. In this instance, we aren't getting any movie synergy, since we don't have any push for the character in the comics. That said, I can't wait for Aaron's run to end, and for the Namor abuse to end, and for him to leave this team.

Hopefully the next writer understands that Avengers doesn't have to focus on characters that already have their own damn books.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

avengers assemble 2.jpg

I'm finishing up the second Shooter Avengers run and genuinely don't know what they were thinking with this line-up. Wonderman, Beast, Jocasta, Vision, and Scarlet Witch just all leave to be replaced by Hank Pym and Tigra?

Hank as we know gets court-martialed..

Tigra leaves fairly early on as well

Beast joins the Defenders

Like man what was even the point? I guess Wasp as chairman is interesting..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    avengers assemble 2.jpg

I'm finishing up the second Shooter Avengers run and genuinely don't know what they were thinking with this line-up. Wonderman, Beast, Jocasta, Vision, and Scarlet Witch just all leave to be replaced by Hank Pym and Tigra?

Hank as we know gets court-martialed..

Tigra leaves fairly early on as well

Beast joins the Defenders

Like man what was even the point? I guess Wasp as chairman is interesting..
    I think part of the point was to get it as close to the original Avengers lineup as possible. Not counting Tigra, who is just there so she can fail and leave (it's kind of a depressing run, really), it's Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Hank Pym and Captain America, which is the comics Avengers lineup as of issue #4.

And of course another part of Avengers tradition, thanks to issue #16, is an abrupt, controversial lineup change. They'd had almost the same core lineup since the Englehart days so having Beast, Scarlet Witch and especially Vision leave so suddenly was kind of a shock.

Did Wanda and Vizh leave because they were getting their own book? The timing sounds right. Vision of course is very rarely not on the team. The only other times that come to mind are that brief stint where most of the team left and half of the Fantastic Four joined, and then in Avengers Disassembled where Vision was destroyed, him coming back much later in Bendis's run. And then, of course, the current run - Aaron didn't use anyone from the Avengers No Surrender team (while Waid's team did include Jane Foster and Iron Man who are both on the current team, both left before No Surrender, Tony because of Civil War II and Jane because that's when she died in her own book) - is that the only time the ENTIRE team left and was replaced? Even after Disassembled some of the old Avengers were in the New Avengers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-10-2023 at 01:49 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I miss a lot of those guys on the main team.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I've been reading All-Out Avengers. Seems pretty good and I'm liking the action.
    I’m enjoying All-Out Avengers too. Glad to be enthused for at least one Avengers book coming out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss a lot of those guys on the main team.
    Me too, Frontier!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too, Frontier!

This was such a fun lineup and something that the series has been missing for too long.

Did Wanda and Vizh leave because they were getting their own book? The timing sounds right.
    Kind of. The mini-series took almost a year to come out after the roster change so by the time the book launched, the Avengers had added She-Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Anyone read the Avengers War across Time first issue of a mini series. its great, i got it out of recommendation for Paul Levitz and seeing great artwork by Alan Davis was awesome to see. its a flashback mini series taking place in the early issues of Avengers. it was a good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone read the Avengers War across Time first issue of a mini series. its great, i got it out of recommendation for Paul Levitz and seeing great artwork by Alan Davis was awesome to see. its a flashback mini series taking place in the early issues of Avengers. it was a good experience.
    Anxiously trade-waiting it.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I read it for Kang.. I was pleasantly surprised it took place after the robot spider-man issue. That was one of my favorites. I guess Spider-Man will appear at some point?