Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they made sense on paper, but the execution/writing didn't do it any favors and I think just made both characters look bad.

But Stuart Immonen Bobbi was pretty nice .
    Agree. They are both scientist and they worked together...but it takes more than that to actually make a lasting relationship.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I liked Bobbi/Peter together. I know not a lot of people did, and they were never going to last, but I thought they made sense. They're both incredibly intelligent, and scientists. I never really bought the idea that they weren't compatible without the costumes tbh. Nothing was going to top Peter/MJ, but it could have been fun to seem Bobbi with him a little longer.
    Same! Their breaking it off truly felt like Slott had no space for them in the last arc, and also Spencer's MJ-heavy run was right about the corner. Damn shame for Bobbi.

Has she done anything of note since?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Same! Their breaking it off truly felt like Slott had no space for them in the last arc, and also Spencer's MJ-heavy run was right about the corner. Damn shame for Bobbi.

Has she done anything of note since?
    She was a major supporting character in both of the Unstoppable Wasp books as a mentor for Nadia Van Dyne and her lab of teenage female scientists, especially Nadia's friend Ying, who also grew up in the Red Room. She was also part of Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda and the Daughters of Liberty group from Coates's Captain America run.

My issue with Bobbi and Peter as a couple was that "we have nothing in common outside of being superheroes" was so laughable that it was almost insulting. They're both witty, they both like science, they both have a kind of acerbic-but-also-silly sense of humor and like to taunt their opponents...they have plenty in common. It would have made much more sense for them to say something like, "It was like kissing my brother/sister" considering how little physical affection we saw between the two of them. Both of them have sizzling chemistry with other love interests, but they barely touched each other on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    She was a major supporting character in both of the Unstoppable Wasp books as a mentor for Nadia Van Dyne and her lab of teenage female scientists, especially Nadia's friend Ying, who also grew up in the Red Room. She was also part of Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda and the Daughters of Liberty group from Coates's Captain America run.

My issue with Bobbi and Peter as a couple was that "we have nothing in common outside of being superheroes" was so laughable that it was almost insulting. They're both witty, they both like science, they both have a kind of acerbic-but-also-silly sense of humor and like to taunt their opponents...they have plenty in common. It would have made much more sense for them to say something like, "It was like kissing my brother/sister" considering how little physical affection we saw between the two of them. Both of them have sizzling chemistry with other love interests, but they barely touched each other on panel.
    To be honest I mostly just remember Bobbi constantly berating/insulting him and Peter coming off kind of pathetic. Far from what you would want out of a compelling romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I mostly just remember Bobbi constantly berating/insulting him and Peter coming off kind of pathetic. Far from what you would want out of a compelling romance.
    That was kind of true during the actual issues where they were dating and he was crashing on her couch, but when they were just partners and friends, it wasn't the case. There was mutual respect for most of their team-up.

That was kind of true during the actual issues where they were dating and he was crashing on her couch, but when they were just partners and friends, it wasn't the case. There was mutual respect for most of their team-up.
    Basically Dan Slott doesn't know how to write love interests for Peter Parker .

Well Peter apparently sees MJ as a sister now, so…
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

My copy of the MOCKINGBIRD: STRIKE OUT novel arrived today, so I am looking forward to reading that soon!

Bobbi also recently appeared in a flashback in INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #6. It was only a brief cameo, but it was still nice to see Bobbi again and back with the old Whackos gang!

MOCKINGBIRD:ORIGIN
    (How "classic" to see Agent assigned to a jungle character while wearing a red dress)

And a collection of Bobbi's earliest appearances is currently priced to move on Amazon.
    LOVE the cover image and think that is her BEST costume...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 06-06-2023 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Added MOCKINGBIRD collection sale
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    My copy of the MOCKINGBIRD: STRIKE OUT novel arrived today, so I am looking forward to reading that soon!

Bobbi also recently appeared in a flashback in INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #6. It was only a brief cameo, but it was still nice to see Bobbi again and back with the old Whackos gang!
    I hope it's good (the novel, I mean) .

I thought the release was delayed! My pre-order was, st any rate.

I hope it's good!

Astonishing Member

I thought the release was delayed! My pre-order was, st any rate.

I hope it's good!
    The release WAS delayed. Its weird. I got 3 different email notices over the span of a week telling me the release was delayed from June 6th to June 20th. Then the next thing I know I got an email that the order had shipped, and it was delivered on the 5th, a day before the original release.

I've only had a chance so far to read the first couple of chapters. It is clear very quickly that this is set in its own universe -- it is clearly not in regular 616 continuity. That was a little disappointing at first, but once you set that aside and embrace it as a tale for another Bobbi Morse elsewhere in the multiverse, it is a fun read so far. There are appearances and cameos by various other Marvel characters already.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The release WAS delayed. Its weird. I got 3 different email notices over the span of a week telling me the release was delayed from June 6th to June 20th. Then the next thing I know I got an email that the order had shipped, and it was delivered on the 5th, a day before the original release.

I've only had a chance so far to read the first couple of chapters. It is clear very quickly that this is set in its own universe -- it is clearly not in regular 616 continuity. That was a little disappointing at first, but once you set that aside and embrace it as a tale for another Bobbi Morse elsewhere in the multiverse, it is a fun read so far. There are appearances and cameos by various other Marvel characters already.
    Nice! Happy to see Bobbi's books is out there now. Glad that you're liking it thus far, and hope to see your overall thoughts on the book when you're done.

Astonishing Member

Bobbi had a surprise cameo in the AVENGERS UNLIMITED Infinity Comic a few issues back, in the arc where Captain America and Tony Stark are both working (separately) to try and recover a stolen item from the Serpent Society.

It is only a brief cameo, but its a rather cool moment of her being an effective super-spy.

Hopefully someone will use her for a more substantial role sometime soon. I still have my fingers crossed for Al Ewing to make use of her in his upcoming AVENGERS INC series, since Bobbi and Janet are friends and Bobbi's skill sets (as a spy and as a scientist) would likely be of use to Jan in investigating mysteries.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's crazy, Captain Marvel has had about a dozen different series, She-Hulk almost as many, Spider-Woman about the same, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl.....Yet, Bobbi only gets one shot written by a new writer and that was it??? Mockingbird needs another shot at a series!!
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski