Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Bobbi Morse: Mockingbird Appreciation 2023

Bobbi Morse, a.k.a. Agent 19, a.k.a. Huntress, a.k.a. Mockingbird! One of the Marvel Universe's premiere female super-scientists, she became involved in the world of S.H.I.E.L.D. while working on project to re-create Captain America's super-soldier serum (which she later received a different version of), then fell in love with the idea of becoming a spy. She excelled in combat training and eventually left S.H.I.E.L.D. to become a costumed superhero. Mockingbird helped found the West Coast Avengers, helped train and lead the Great Lakes Avengers, was a member of the New Avengers, the Secret Avengers, the Daughters of Liberty, and the Agents of Wakanda. She's also acting science mentor for Nadia Van Dyne's Genius In action Research Labs program.

Where to find Bobbi in 2023: She has a prose novel, Mockingbird: Strike Out, scheduled to be released in June (details here: https://aconytebooks.com/shop/mockin...y-maria-lewis/). In addition, although Bobbi hasn't appeared in any solicits yet, she was a behind-the-scenes player in a Thunderbolts miniseries from this past year, which ended with her and her ex-husband, Hawkeye, deciding to go on a date. We may see the two of them working on their relationship this year, and here's hoping that excitement from fans and noise over the novel convinces Marvel to give her some meaningful appearances in comics this year!

Happy New Year to Bobbi and her fans !

Happy New Year Mockingbird!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Thanks for starting this thread ! Bobbi's one of my faves , and look forward to her receiving more exposure this year .

Spectacular Member

Bobbi's first appearance using the codename '' Mockingbird '' ...

Marvel Team-Up Mockingbird.jpg

I can't wait for the novel. It feels like it's been so long since Bobbi had a story on her own, as opposed to being a minor character in someone else's book.

Astonishing Member

I love the variant covers that Russell Dauterman has been doing showing characters' various different costumes.

I'd love to see him do one for Mockingbird -- I'm sure Bobbi has enough different looks to qualify for one.

- the long sleeved red mini-dress outfit and glasses that she wore during several of her adventures with Ka-Zar as Agent 19. That outfit reminds me of the sweater-dress outfits frequently worn by Lana Kane on the animated spy-comedy Archer.

- her "Huntress" outfit.

- the original Mockingbird costume.

- the WCA-era Mockingbird costume; the one without pants.

- her New Avengers era costume designed by David Lopez.

- the winged outfit with gold highlights that she wore when working as Peter Parker's bodyguard and back as an active SHIELD agent again.

- the new costume she got during her solo series.

That's it for her regular costumes, but these covers have also pulled in notable special one-off outfits and looks, and Bobbi's got a few of those too....

- the "zombie Mockingbird" look from when she was part of Grim Reaper's Legion Of The Unliving in AVENGERS vol.3 #9-10.

- Skrull-Mockingbird

- the Hellfire Club outfit she wore in MOCKINGBIRD #2.

- the "ask me about my feminist agenda" t-shirt has become iconic enough I think it would warrant inclusion.

- the alternate reality Mockingbird from the BIG TOWN miniseries. Her costume was very similar to 616 Bobbi's original Mockingbird costume but just different enough to qualify.

He could also maybe use the issue where Bobbi dressed in Shooting Star's costume for an undercover mission. He could maybe even use Alkhema, although that would be a bit of a stretch--but on at least one occasion Alkhema used Bobbi's brain patterns to speak "as" Bobbi, as if the real Bobbi was somehow inside her.

Any other looks that should be included if we're lucky enough to get a Dauterman variant cover featuring Bobbi?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I love the variant covers that Russell Dauterman has been doing showing characters' various different costumes.

I'd love to see him do one for Mockingbird -- I'm sure Bobbi has enough different looks to qualify for one.

- the long sleeved red mini-dress outfit and glasses that she wore during several of her adventures with Ka-Zar as Agent 19. That outfit reminds me of the sweater-dress outfits frequently worn by Lana Kane on the animated spy-comedy Archer.

- her "Huntress" outfit.

- the winged outfit with gold highlights that she wore when working as Peter Parker's bodyguard and back as an active SHIELD agent again.

That's it for her regular costumes, but these covers have also pulled in notable special one-off outfits and looks, and Bobbi's got a few of those too....

- the "zombie Mockingbird" look from when she was part of Grim Reaper's Legion Of The Unliving in AVENGERS vol.3 #9-10.

- Skrull-Mockingbird

- the "ask me about my feminist agenda" t-shirt has become iconic enough I think it would warrant inclusion.

- the alternate reality Mockingbird from the BIG TOWN miniseries. Her costume was very similar to 616 Bobbi's original Mockingbird costume but just different enough to qualify.

He could also maybe use the issue where Bobbi dressed in Shooting Star's costume for an undercover mission. He could maybe even use Alkhema, although that would be a bit of a stretch--but on at least one occasion Alkhema used Bobbi's brain patterns to speak "as" Bobbi, as if the real Bobbi was somehow inside her.

Any other looks that should be included if we're lucky enough to get a Dauterman variant cover featuring Bobbi?
    How about the "Robed Witch" look from her time on the Skrull planet?

Astonishing Member

Good one! Yeah, the "robed witch" look would definitely work.

I also forgot the blue full-body SHIELD uniform that Bobbi was wearing in MOCKINGBIRD #5. Its not quite the standard SHIELD uniform that most SHIELD agents were shown wearing for decades, but its the closest we've ever seen Bobbi in, as far as I can recall.

The cover for the Mockingbird: Strike Out prose novel has been revealed!

20230227_231515.jpg

Going back to the discussion we had back in the 2022 thread, I'm going to guess, based on the costume, that this book is set sometime after Hawkeye & Mockingbird, probably even after Secret Avengers, but before Spider-Man. That whole time period after Hawkeye & Mockingbird is kind of a mystery, because she went from running her own spy agency to being a SHIELD agent again for the first time in decades. I hope they go into that and make it work with the canon on a level that's more interesting than "MCU synergy."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    The cover for the Mockingbird: Strike Out prose novel has been revealed!

20230227_231515.jpg
    I just saw that and was coming here to post it! I'm guessing you and I have both been checking their site every day to see if the cover art had dropped yet. lol

It looks fantastic!!

Going back to the discussion we had back in the 2022 thread, I'm going to guess, based on the costume, that this book is set sometime after Hawkeye & Mockingbird, probably even after Secret Avengers, but before Spider-Man. That whole time period after Hawkeye & Mockingbird is kind of a mystery, because she went from running her own spy agency to being a SHIELD agent again for the first time in decades. I hope they go into that and make it work with the canon on a level that's more interesting than "MCU synergy."
    I dunno -- although the costume on the cover is modern, the blurb still sounds like this is set in the past, in the West Coast Avengers era. It refers to her needing to get out of L.A. specifically and mentions divorce from Hawkeye, as opposed to just the break-up they had at the end of the HAWK & MOCK series.

I too hope that the writer does a good job of making the novel fit with 616 canon. I've read three of these Aconyte Marvel novels before, and 2 of them would absolutely fit nicely within comic continuity and one of them didn't.

As for Bobbi's W.C.A., I wonder if she was still maintaining that while working for SHIELD as well. We were never told that it disbanded so presumably its still up and running (especially now that SHIELD has been disbanded again--her agency may be helping to fill the void a bit).

- her "Huntress" outfit.

- Skrull-Mockingbird

How about the "Robed Witch" look from her time on the Skrull planet?
    An adaptation of Bobbi Morse as played by Adrian Palicki on MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Perhaps Laura Barton from HAWKEYE?

I don't think there's enough to make a good layout for a Dauterman costume montage...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-27-2023 at 09:12 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Hope it's a good book for Bobbi .

I do miss the David Lopez suit...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    An adaptation of Bobbi Morse as played by Adrian Palicki on MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Perhaps Laura Barton from HAWKEYE?

I don't think there's enough to make a good layout for a Dauterman costume montage...
    Why not? With the two options you added we're up to at least 16 different looks. The Jean Grey cover he already did only had 17 different looks. The Storm and Betsy Braddock covers had about the same.

I just saw that and was coming here to post it! I'm guessing you and I have both been checking their site every day to see if the cover art had dropped yet. lol
    Not every day, but pretty close. I also have a Google Alert set up. But I happened to see this on Twitter.

I dunno -- although the costume on the cover is modern, the blurb still sounds like this is set in the past, in the West Coast Avengers era. It refers to her needing to get out of L.A. specifically and mentions divorce from Hawkeye, as opposed to just the break-up they had at the end of the HAWK & MOCK series.
    You're right, I keep forgetting that it specifically mentions LA in the blurb. Everything else about it points to the Agents of SHIELD era, especially how similar the plot sounds to the 50th Anniversary SHIELD Mockingbird story. If this story has her going back to SHIELD (just a speculation; I don't think this was mentioned) and meeting Hunter way back in the early 90s, that would be quite the retcon...but I can see it working. It might even give the Skrulls more of a reason to have their eyes on her, if she were an active spy as opposed to just a West Coast Avengers reservist.

I too hope that the writer does a good job of making the novel fit with 616 canon. I've read three of these Aconyte Marvel novels before, and 2 of them would absolutely fit nicely within comic continuity and one of them didn't.
    The author keeps hinting at a Tigra appearance, so it seems like this book will at least be heavily influenced by 616 continuity.

As for Bobbi's W.C.A., I wonder if she was still maintaining that while working for SHIELD as well. We were never told that it disbanded so presumably its still up and running (especially now that SHIELD has been disbanded again--her agency may be helping to fill the void a bit).
    We know that Bobbi was doing some spy work where she seemed to be in charge of the operation over in Spiderman vs. Deadpool, but she was working with Husk and Silk over there, as opposed to any of the characters from Hawkeye & Mockingbird. Would have been nice to see them again. Although I think that if she had been running her own agency during her SHIELD days, she would have had more leeway when she was working with Spider-Man instead of having to ask SHIELD for permission for every move she made.