Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Why not? With the two options you added we're up to at least 16 different looks. The Jean Grey cover he already did only had 17 different looks. The Storm and Betsy Braddock covers had about the same.
    I suppose some of them barely seem like variant looks or brief disguises rather than variant characters or, while I acknowledge that alt versions of characters have been included. Seems like the Dauterman costume covers are reserved for characters who are more "clothes horses". Bobbi seems primed for more of the costume phases covers that were the predecessor of the Dauterman montages...

If a montage cover did come to pass, I'd pull for the common pose to be akin top the battle stave hair flip moment from AOS...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-28-2023 at 05:55 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Adore that Mockingbird book cover! So excited that we get to read Bobbi again. Is it supposed to be canon? I thought these books weren't involved with the main continuity.

An unfortunate byproduct of being out of play so long, is that a character doesn't always have a lot of looks to pull from. I'd love to see Dauterman doing a Mockingbird cover, but she doesn't have a lot of costumes sadly. Bobbi still doesn't get much play these days either, and has largely been in the same costume for the past six years.

Kind of hoping that if Uncanny Avengers really is a thing, that Bobbi will be on the team. Really want to see her in an ongoing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Adore that Mockingbird book cover! So excited that we get to read Bobbi again. Is it supposed to be canon? I thought these books weren't involved with the main continuity.
    I think that's anyone's guess, although I guess someone could ask the author over on Twitter and see if she answers.

An unfortunate byproduct of being out of play so long, is that a character doesn't always have a lot of looks to pull from. I'd love to see Dauterman doing a Mockingbird cover, but she doesn't have a lot of costumes sadly. Bobbi still doesn't get much play these days either, and has largely been in the same costume for the past six years.
    It seems like any time Bobbi gets any sort of push in comics, she gets a new costume, although unfortunately that's only happened twice since she "came back to life." Once for the McCann and Lopez books, and once after Secret Wars, when she was popular because of Agents of SHIELD. I'd like to see that happen again soon (but hopefully more sustainable this time!).

Kind of hoping that if Uncanny Avengers really is a thing, that Bobbi will be on the team. Really want to see her in an ongoing again.
    Have you heard something about that? I would love that!

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I think that's anyone's guess, although I guess someone could ask the author over on Twitter and see if she answers.

It seems like any time Bobbi gets any sort of push in comics, she gets a new costume, although unfortunately that's only happened twice since she "came back to life." Once for the McCann and Lopez books, and once after Secret Wars, when she was popular because of Agents of SHIELD. I'd like to see that happen again soon (but hopefully more sustainable this time!).

Have you heard something about that? I would love that!
    Same here. The Lopez design was so, so good. Really fit Bobbi, though I do hate that people often forget it came with a trench coat.

I haven't heard anything, but I know people have been speculating about it for awhile. I think Mockingbird could do well there given her time with both SHIELD, and the Avengers. Fingers crossed that they might include Bobbi.

Extraordinary Member

I still really want to see what the limits of Bobbi's power are since she got he SSS/IF cocktail that saved her life. She is a scientist...who works at Pym Labs as den mother to a bunch of girl geniuses...you would think a page or 2 would not be out of the question showing her figuring out what her physical abilities and limits are.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

how much time in-universe was Spider-Man dating Mockingbird?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Not long...few weeks...couple months at most.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

If you could even call that dating...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

so they were just hooking up? wow..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

so they were just hooking up? wow..
    I want to check out more of MOCKINGBIRD's appearances in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN because I think Slott would be great fit for capturing Bobbi as a character. However I am put off by the energy wings costume evolution and the romance between Morse and Parker, which seems forced.

Maybe I should keep an open mind and dive in? There could be some hidden treasure moments in their brief association...

https://mycomicrelief.wordpress.com/...place-romance/

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-04-2023 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Corrected writer name to SLOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I want to check out more of MOCKINGBIRD's appearances in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN because I think Scott would be great fit for capturing Bobbi as a character. However I am put off by the energy wings costume evolution and the romance between Morse and Parker, which seems forced.

Maybe I should keep an open mind and dive in? There could be some hidden treasure moments in their brief association...

awesome.

Spectacular Member

It'd be interesting to see her make an appearance in a new Spider-Man issue, for them to fight together for once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I want to check out more of MOCKINGBIRD's appearances in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN because I think Scott would be great fit for capturing Bobbi as a character. However I am put off by the energy wings costume evolution and the romance between Morse and Parker, which seems forced.

The best part about it was the art.

(Also, wow Bobbi changes fast!)

I liked Bobbi/Peter together. I know not a lot of people did, and they were never going to last, but I thought they made sense. They're both incredibly intelligent, and scientists. I never really bought the idea that they weren't compatible without the costumes tbh. Nothing was going to top Peter/MJ, but it could have been fun to seem Bobbi with him a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I liked Bobbi/Peter together. I know not a lot of people did, and they were never going to last, but I thought they made sense. They're both incredibly intelligent, and scientists. I never really bought the idea that they weren't compatible without the costumes tbh. Nothing was going to top Peter/MJ, but it could have been fun to seem Bobbi with him a little longer.
    I think they made sense on paper, but the execution/writing didn't do it any favors and I think just made both characters look bad.

But Stuart Immonen Bobbi was pretty nice .