Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's cool, and speaking of your description of Wylde . . . sounds a lot like Spider-Man himself a lot of the time. I'm sure some iteration of Eddie Brock understands the irony of that.
    It would be funny if someone pointed that out.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-06-2023 at 11:11 AM.

BANNED

I noticed they added some dialogue to the cover to issue #19 of Venom online saying "A new symbiote hero emerges" and y'all...I am so sick and tired of symbiotes. As someone who loves Venom, grew up loving him almost as much as Spidey, we have enough damn symbiotes. I've long lost count of how many there are, or what host they're on this week. As of this point there's more symbiote super heroes than members of the Avengers, JLA and JSA combined.

https://www.thepopverse.com/spider-m...-book-day-2023

Venom's FCBD short story did setup a new symbiote threat for Venom. And Volume 3 ends with a tease of Dylan leading a symbiote army against Meridus. So I wonder if these two events are connected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.thepopverse.com/spider-m...-book-day-2023

Venom's FCBD short story did setup a new symbiote threat for Venom. And Volume 3 ends with a tease of Dylan leading a symbiote army against Meridus. So I wonder if these two events are connected.
    I'm willing to bet these two events will collide in one form or another. Or, since it sounds like Eddie will be dealing with some more time travel stuff, we'll see stuff in the past Eddie does, that affects what Dylan's doing in the present.

Mighty Member

So that spider-man/venom 2023 thing with Flexo

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...-venomverse-1/

preview for Extreme Venomverse issue 1. It's a trio of stories focusing on alternate versions of Eddie, Dylan and a new version of Venom wielding a samurai sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I noticed they added some dialogue to the cover to issue #19 of Venom online saying "A new symbiote hero emerges" and y'all...I am so sick and tired of symbiotes. As someone who loves Venom, grew up loving him almost as much as Spidey, we have enough damn symbiotes. I've long lost count of how many there are, or what host they're on this week. As of this point there's more symbiote super heroes than members of the Avengers, JLA and JSA combined.
    It's common for franchises to expand but it can lead to diminishing returns. I'm hoping Ewing can work around that by creating more interesting symbiotes and their owners.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-08-2023 at 09:07 AM.

Mighty Member

so flexo the rubber man is part symbiote explains why he is facing venom

read issue 1 of extreme venomverse not bad liked the first story of how Eddie became the new Spider-man
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Samurai Venom peaked my interest.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    read issue 1 of extreme venomverse not bad liked the first story of how Eddie became the new Spider-man
    Same.

Samurai Venom peaked my interest.
    Uh-huh.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same.

Uh-huh.
    He feels similar to when I read Spider-gwen or Noir back in the day. I wouldn't mind seeing Samurai Venom's universe explored further.

BANNED

Decided to pick up Extreme Venomverse because I liked what I saw from the preview online. Never read the initial Venomverse, wasn't a fan how all the AU Venoms were just other Marvel heroes. Felt very lazy.

I really loved this issue though, all 3 stories were great and did a solid job establishing unique, interesting takes on Venom that really takes the idea of an AU more seriously and plays around better for it.

The first story was great because it's a good show that Eddie always had hero potential in him. I love the idea that he keeps thinking it's just Peter's thoughts and memories compelling him, when he still talks of Innocents as something he cares for, clearly still a hero all his own.

The second story felt like a Venomzied Renew Your Vows, and I loved it. Getting to see this kind of what if Anne and Eddie worked out, raised Dylan, and how the symbiote would affect them was really well done.

Though my favorite was the final story. I really feel like we could easily get another mini-series or two with Samurai Venom. Just a really great take on the idea, almost giving Venom his own Toku take like Supaidaman.

He feels similar to when I read Spider-gwen or Noir back in the day. I wouldn't mind seeing Samurai Venom's universe explored further.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    Decided to pick up Extreme Venomverse because I liked what I saw from the preview online. Never read the initial Venomverse, wasn't a fan how all the AU Venoms were just other Marvel heroes. Felt very lazy.

I really loved this issue though, all 3 stories were great and did a solid job establishing unique, interesting takes on Venom that really takes the idea of an AU more seriously and plays around better for it.

The first story was great because it's a good show that Eddie always had hero potential in him. I love the idea that he keeps thinking it's just Peter's thoughts and memories compelling him, when he still talks of Innocents as something he cares for, clearly still a hero all his own.

The second story felt like a Venomzied Renew Your Vows, and I loved it. Getting to see this kind of what if Anne and Eddie worked out, raised Dylan, and how the symbiote would affect them was really well done.

Though my favorite was the final story. I really feel like we could easily get another mini-series or two with Samurai Venom. Just a really great take on the idea, almost giving Venom his own Toku take like Supaidaman.
    Oh, definitely.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I need more Venomized Renew Your Vows and Eddie Brock: Spider-Man, STAT! Why is all the good stuff relegated to What Ifs and Flashback Series?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I need more Venomized Renew Your Vows and Eddie Brock: Spider-Man, STAT! Why is all the good stuff relegated to What Ifs and Flashback Series?
    The billion-dollar question of our time.