Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think he is going to become Meridus.
    well the end goal is to become that Eternity god no matter what.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well the end goal is to become that Eternity god no matter what.
    The Eventuality, right?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

So I kind of haven't been to my comic shop in almost 2 months. Oops. But I've finally caught up on Venom, and here's my random thoughts:

Issue 19 was easily the worst issue of the series. Just felt like poor filler all around. No idea why Dylan shows up and starts harassing Norman. Who is nothing but chill and nice to this little weirdo showing up in his house unannounced. I really don't get why he tries to kill Norman. I can understand why the symbiote would want him dead, but it just comes out of nowhere that Dylan decides to kill him. He gets pretty close, too.

Norman is a really crappy super hero.

Issue 20 and 21 were a huge step up after that. I adore Cafu's art on this series. Hitch was going to be a hard act to follow for any artist but Cafu is a perfect fit. I'm not sure whoever's idea to give Eddie a shirt that reads "Himbo Frankenstein" but they're not being paid enough. That's just perfection.

It was nice getting to see Eddie finally start winning after 20 issue of him kinda being thrown to the wolves and just winging it. Seems he's finally got a plan of attack. Love the four arm design at the end of the issue. Overall this series is still pretty great, definitely one of the best comics I'm reading month to month.

After dropping early in the run, I jumped back on Venom with issue 17 & 18. I skipped 19, because it looked hideous art wise and frankly was just filler. Picked up 20 & 21 and enjoyed both.

Fanart of Venom breaking Black Panther's back.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

And so...another trip back to the 90's is over with the final issue of Venom: Lethal Protector II. Seeing Venom and DOOM go toe-to-toe was bad ass!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

Venom 22 is out we have Flexo vs Dylan with doom in it

the cover for the issue is completely wrong but overall it's a good one. wonder what's Doom beef with Eddie
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    And so...another trip back to the 90's is over with the final issue of Venom: Lethal Protector II. Seeing Venom and DOOM go toe-to-toe was bad ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Venom 22 is out we have Flexo vs Dylan with doom in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    the cover for the issue is completely wrong but overall it's a good one. wonder what's Doom beef with Eddie
    Probably has something to do with what happened in Venom: Lethal Protector II.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Probably has something to do with what happened in Venom: Lethal Protector II.
    Hmmm. More than likely, I suppose...

Looks like the current run ends in September. Torunn Gronbekk has taken over the book and the new protagonist is Natasha Romanoff.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nata...ell-into-2024/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Torunn Gronbekk has taken over the book
    Or rather Ram V's half part of the book (he's exclusive at DC nowadays), along with the new Carnage ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Is he off Venom? I didn’t see his name under the October solicits so I was wondering. If not, I can’t see him doing Venom, Thor, and Avengers book, and TWO X-titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    No he's not, Torunn Gronbekk is just taking over Ram V's half of the book since he went exclusive with DC. It'll be a similar switching off every few issues arrangement (not sure if it will be the same split of Al - Eddie, Torunn - Dylan or not). (Confirmed on Torunn's Twitter)
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 07-22-2023 at 03:22 AM.

So all that build-up to this long standing mystery and it's going to be s***-canned for Black Widow to take over as the main character of the comic? How random and utterly disappointing.
    Last edited by Man With No Name; 07-22-2023 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Removed profanity. I apologize.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man With No Name View Post
    So all that build-up to this long standing mystery and it's going to be s***-canned for Black Widow to take over as the main character of the comic? How random and utterly disappointing.
    Since Ewing is still onboard I assume all that is still going on, its just the Widow stuff is so Torunn can write her own section of the book like how early on Ram V wrote the Dylan side of the story which was going separately from the Eddie stuff.

Which still a terrible call because why in the living Hell would I ever read a Venom book about Black Widow?

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/07/21/ma...ew-venom-23-2/

Dylan faces Toxin in issue 23's preview. This is Gronbekk's first issue.

Black Widow bonding with the Venom symbiote feels random but it would've been perfect for the Venomverse miniseries. I might've preffered if she bonded with a new symbiote if they were going to do it. It would be like the Web of Shadows game from back in the day.

So it's a wait and see for me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-24-2023 at 08:21 AM.