Page 338 of 544 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 8147
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Unfortunately, this is really Gillen's fault. He's literally created 1 Event and then throw out another and other writers barely had work around his mess. I will say the only thing that's potentially hurting X-Men Red is ALL these BLASTED EVENTS and Mini EVENTS and tie ins. It's Forcing Al Ewing to work and think around those annoying Events instead of focusing on the his own story.
    Which is pretty par for the course when it comes to EWING and how he's treated at marvel. That man can't catch a break when it comes to telling his stories. Which is definitely not a problem that only he faces Marvel's obsession with plaguing the franchise with constant events just to boost sales really hurts the narrative flow coming from these books.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Which is pretty par for the course when it comes to EWING and how he's treated at marvel. That man can't catch a break when it comes to telling his stories. Which is definitely not a problem that only he faces Marvel's obsession with plaguing the franchise with constant events just to boost sales really hurts the narrative flow coming from these books.
    This Happened to him when he was writing: The Ultimates and the Ultimatess 2 and I believe this happened again on his Mighty Avengers Run too. Your right. Poor Guy can't get a break when he's trying to tell his own Story.

But, it's funny because when he was writing The Immortal Hulk that comic stretch all the way to Issue 50 with NO Interruptions.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

No this is not Gillien's fault. He can be blamed for the content but he can not be blamed for trying to put food on his table and pitching something that editors of the line and those above felt was the thing even if it was on the back of other talent they are suppose to be supporting equally. ewing has been done wrong by marvel yes, but i've come to realize that is the narrative shops give to them, but there is no excuse for willful or dumb blindness when you are a steward of an industry and letting those with no stake in your market besides what personally entertains them be gerrymandering your coins and talent.

I know i for one expect great things from Gillien when i heard he was returning because the talent was there. I was enjoying his eternals but what i didn't like is that it became evident he wasn't brought in to build like i was expecting when as i've said many times given utopia this should have been just as much his baby as hickman and i thought he would want to expand on ideas he started in a more free space but it was clear he was brought on to make mutants deviant and immoral. That's not on him that he was brought in for a specific purpose and he is okay with getting a check. But i think readers can see his previous stuff had more heart, i saw that in immoral x-men #2.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Pretty much. The only thing he built was Sinister. Everything else in the broader context of Krakoa is stagnant. Even after SoS things more or less go back to the way it was for the QC pre-SoS with probably a few small changes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

This Happened to him when he was writing: The Ultimates and the Ultimatess 2 and I believe this happened again on his Mighty Avengers Run too. Your right. Poor Guy can't get a break when he's trying to tell his own Story.

But, it's funny because when he was writing The Immortal Hulk that comic stretch all the way to Issue 50 with NO Interruptions.
    The Immortal Hulk was EXACTLY what I was thinking of when I wrote that comment lol like imagine if we got 50 plus issues of X-Men Red uninterrupted? *swoon*

X-office, please let this man tell his story.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh, Ewing makes a lot of choices to opt-in to events as well. Some of his older books it wasn't his fault (Mighty Avengers, Ultimates, and Ultimates2 were in the heyday of events, though some books managed to avoid them) but lately it's been pretty clear writers can choose to do less (most of the X-books did 1 or 2 issues for A.X.E. or no S.O.S.).

Fantastic Member

Y'all what if Storm becomes Sorcerer Supreme someday just like her ancestor Ayesha. That will actually be everything. Omega Level Mutant, Goddess, Sorcerer Supreme. Like just imagine that’s the ultimate flex.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Y'all what if Storm becomes Sorcerer Supreme someday just like her ancestor Ayesha. That will actually be everything. Omega Level Mutant, Goddess, Sorcerer Supreme. Like just imagine that’s the ultimate flex.
    That would be a kick ass time-skip solo. Each stage of a long life until the ultimate ascension to Goddess? Universal force?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I really think this needs to be displayed in an displayed in timeline. Storm: Sorceress Supreme needs to happen!

I'd love that! I'd still like her to use natural forces in tangent like how she created the worm hole, that way she's not like every other magic user.

Mighty Member

Storm deserves her own role independent from her ancestor. I want her to craft her own role in the marvel universe. I want Stephen to remain sorcerer Supreme of the 616. Make storm the sorcerer Supreme of the higher realms. Give her bigger stakes.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 03-28-2023 at 08:42 PM.

That is actually 1 thing I will ever agree with CBR on. I think her H2H Skills need to be shown a lot more. People really don't believe Storm can fight. When Storm is actually one the Top H2H Fighters in the X-Men
    Agreed. And I love seeing her get a chance to demonstrate her capabilities. There is this...perception that unless you fight an A or B list fighter (like Black Panther, Wolverine, Shang Chi, Gambit, Blade , Black Widow, Cable, etc.) then you fall into a category where your skill isn't respected because your opponents are fodder and not a well known martial artist. That never made sense to me, though I get how that makes it harder to quantify the skill level. It's not like cops, soldiers, government agents, dora milaje, or Hand ninjas are not trained combatants (especially doras since they've proven that 2 of them were capable of taking down Black Widow). Let alone taking on opponents with physical advantages of speed, strength or reflexes who are also as trained/experienced and she still hold her own or flat out beat them, and not be considered a highly skilled fighter.

People argue that her durability is too low for H2H but ignore that she is a master thief with highly developed dexterity, coordination, reflexes, and agility that works out and practices regularly to maintain her proficiency in close quarters combat. Like in X of SWORDS when she fought Shuri. You can't just be anyone to step to someone as skilled in martial arts to the degree that she can hold the freaking Black Panther mantle and last as long as Storm did without either of them successfully landing a hit on the other and not be a formidably skilled martial artist yourself (noting that their fight started at 15 minutes until the security system reboot and neither could beat or hit the other until time ran out).

People like Storm, Bishop, and Cyclops are often underrated in their martial combat skills.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Storm deserves her own role independent from her ancestor. I want her to craft her own role in the marvel universe. I want Stephen to remain sorcerer Supreme of the 616. Make storm the sorcerer Supreme of the higher realms. Give her bigger stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I'd love that! I'd still like her to use natural forces in tangent like how she created the worm hole, that way she's not like every other magic user.
    Agreed, Like if Wanda can be the nexus of magic for the 616 reality Ororo could be the elemental nexus or something unique to her, but connected to power of her ancestral bloodline or her role in the Sisterhood/unnamed coven of Marvel witches. However, the role of Voice of Sol is grossly under explored at this point, and I would like to see more stories crafted around that powerful and unique role. Ewing has definitely demonstrated her highly developed strategic and tactical acumen for combat, but what skill does have to navigate the intergalactic political arena she's spearheading? I think she is invested in pushing forth the mutant agenda but definitely not limited to it, so I'd love to see this role be engaged more in Red and other MU books (GotG, Avengers, Silver Surfer, etc) really explore what influence/mark Storm is looking to make in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Ding ding!

This is exactly what i want for her.
    She deserves.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. And I love seeing her get a chance to demonstrate her capabilities. There is this...perception that unless you fight an A or B list fighter (like Black Panther, Wolverine, Shang Chi, Gambit, Blade , Black Widow, Cable, etc.) then you fall into a category where your skill isn't respected because your opponents are fodder and not a well known martial artist. That never made sense to me, though I get how that makes it harder to quantify the skill level. It's not like cops, soldiers, government agents, dora milaje, or Hand ninjas are not trained combatants (especially doras since they've proven that 2 of them were capable of taking down Black Widow). Let alone taking on opponents with physical advantages of speed, strength or reflexes who are also as trained/experienced and she still hold her own or flat out beat them, and not be considered a highly skilled fighter.

People argue that her durability is too low for H2H but ignore that she is a master thief with highly developed dexterity, coordination, reflexes, and agility that works out and practices regularly to maintain her proficiency in close quarters combat. Like in X of SWORDS when she fought Shuri. You can't just be anyone to step to someone as skilled in martial arts to the degree that she can hold the freaking Black Panther mantle and last as long as Storm did without either of them successfully landing a hit on the other and not be a formidably skilled martial artist yourself (noting that their fight started at 15 minutes until the security system reboot and neither could beat or hit the other until time ran out).

People like Storm, Bishop, and Cyclops are often underrated in their martial combat skills.

Agreed, Like if Wanda can be the nexus of magic for the 616 reality Ororo could be the elemental nexus or something unique to her, but connected to power of her ancestral bloodline or her role in the Sisterhood/unnamed coven of Marvel witches. However, the role of Voice of Sol is grossly under explored at this point, and I would like to see more stories crafted around that powerful and unique role. Ewing has definitely demonstrated her highly developed strategic and tactical acumen for combat, but what skill does have to navigate the intergalactic political arena she's spearheading? I think she is invested in pushing forth the mutant agenda but definitely not limited to it, so I'd love to see this role be engaged more in Red and other MU books (GotG, Avengers, Silver Surfer, etc) really explore what influence/mark Storm is looking to make in the MU.
    There is a great way to fuse our ideas. Send storm on space quest where she follows in the footsteps of Oshtur. Oshtur left for millions of years studying magic. Storm doesn't have to be gone that long and with the mysterium and larger universe storm could become one of earth's guardians and develop her role as voice of Sol.

Let Storm be connected to the elder Goddess Osthur and deal with Cosmic magic (as in “COSMOS” opposite of chaos), the magic of high cosmic order ……..A sort of counter balance to the SW chthonian chaos magic

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”