Page 511 of 544 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 8147

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Any Director who needs to make an existing character interesting by changing them, either shouldn't be part of the creative process or choose another character entirely.
    I will say, I like Kamala's glowy light constructs better than her Mr. Fantastic stretchy powers. I'm glad the MCU changed that, but I don't have strong feelings about the character to begin with.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Any Director who needs to make an existing character interesting by changing them, either shouldn't be part of the creative process or choose another character entirely.
    That arguably depends on the character and what aspect is changed.

There are many underused or discarded characters with a potential, but who's comic book origins, powerset, history and place in continuity would make them practically unusable for adaptation unless changed, altered or expanded.

Which is also why there are often "composite" characters which combine certain elements of multiple others from the comics.

What ever we like it or not, sometimes changing existing characters is a sound idea and might even be necessary.

The perhaps more important part is what ever a change is still in spirit of the character or indeed a needless alteration that creates a totaly new character just with an existing name or appearance slapped on to give them "legitimacy". Like Not-Cecilia Reyes in New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So the Echo trailer dropped and the director said he changed her powers from the comics cause it was boring. Would yall be ok if once ororo debuts her powers are tweaked or entirely changed? I'm sure I know the answer to this though lol
    Ororo's powers do not need to be changed, they can be linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So is he gonna try and make Storm one of his horsemen or something?

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    So is he gonna try and make Storm one of his horsemen or something?
    Doesn't seem like he's doing the horsemen thing anymore, or at least not with this. He's preparing to perform a spell.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Doesn't seem like he's doing the horsemen thing anymore, or at least not with this. He's preparing to perform a spell.
    Thats what I am thinking. I think his target is Annihilation.”, and I definitely want to see that beezy get hers! I’m still curious if what happened in SoS with Jon Ironfire’s regret, where he says he, “should have trusted the Storm”, will still come to pass before the end of the Genesis War…

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thats what I am thinking. I think his target is Annihilation.”, and I definitely want to see that beezy get hers! I’m still curious if what happened in SoS with Jon Ironfire’s regret, where he says he, “should have trusted the Storm”, will still come to pass before the end of the Genesis War…
    Hmm I think it may. This is a teased image from the last X-Men Monday.

In the SoS timeline he also said he regretted killing someone, and yeah that he should have trusted the Storm. Maybe that's what the above image is about.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This looks interesting. Ewing has been writing this series well thus far, so I really hope he can deliver in these critical moments. How many issues is X-men: Red suppose to last?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This looks interesting. Ewing has been writing this series well thus far, so I really hope he can deliver in these critical moments. How many issues is X-men: Red suppose to last?
    X-men Red will have its final showdown in Issue 18. Ewing's Storm will last at least until the end of RoM. And after that? Need to wait for more announcements from Marvel.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

I believe that changing a characters original power is a cheap hack move for the most part, but on certain occasions the change can also be good and even elevate the charachter. Case in point much of the boys universe having their powers changed or toned down to give the story its gritty realistic feel. We will have to wait and see for echo. The change for kamala tho was not good.

Hmm I think it may. This is a teased image from the last X-Men Monday.

In the SoS timeline he also said he regretted killing someone, and yeah that he should have trusted the Storm. Maybe that's what the above image is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    X-men Red will have its final showdown in Issue 18. Ewing's Storm will last at least until the end of RoM. And after that? Need to wait for more announcements from Marvel.
    I'm kinda bummed out atm. Because ewing has soo sooo many lose ends fo tie up in just two 22 page issues, I doubt that will be enough tbh. We dont even know if arakko is going to be involved with anything post genesis war let alone survive the reboot. The end might really be here for them and it's sad because we never got to sees lactuca move, we barely got to explore the inner lives of many of the great ring members. Arakko just got redroot and we are likely losing them to charachter limbo in like 5 months time? Insane. Orbis is still loose. Uranos is still there, abigail is still there. The intergalactic political fallout of this war is still there. Hmmm like the preview pages of the upcoming issues are cool and all but they really bum me out because this might be it fr fr. IMG_20231027_195934.jpg
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    I believe that changing a characters original power is a cheap hack move for the most part, but on certain occasions the change can also be good and even elevate the charachter. Case in point much of the boys universe having their powers changed or toned down to give the story its gritty realistic feel. We will have to wait and see for echo. The change for kamala tho was not good.

I'm kinda bummed out atm. Because ewing has soo sooo many lose ends fo tie up in just two 22 page issues, I doubt that will be enough tbh. We dont even know if arakko is going to be involved with anything post genesis war let alone survive the reboot. The end might really be here for them and it's sad because we never got to sees lactuca move, we barely got to explore the inner lives of many of the great ring members. Arakko just got redroot and we are likely losing them to charachter limbo in like 5 months time? Insane. Orbis is still loose. Uranos is still there, abigail is still there. The intergalactic political fallout of this war is still there. Hmmm like the preview pages of the upcoming issues are cool and all but they really bum me out because this might be it fr fr. IMG_20231027_195934.jpg
    Ah, I don't think you have to worry about that. The only reason they changed Kamala's abilities was because Reed Richards was about to debut in the MCU, their abilities clashed, and Reed's popularity was higher, so.... At the same time, Storm is an S-level character, and no one has the same power as Storm, and even if they did, they would 100% choose to change the other person.

My friend, relax. I know how you feel. Storm will save the Broken Land and lead Arakkii to a better future!
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 11-04-2023 at 03:47 PM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member

Ah, I don't think you have to worry about that. The only reason they changed Kamala's abilities was because Reed Richards was about to debut in the MCU, their abilities clashed, and Reed's popularity was higher, so.... At the same time, Storm is an S-level character, and no one has the same power as Storm, and even if they did, they would 100% choose to change the other person.
    That's a good point.
    Having characters with identical or very similar powers is rather acceptable in a world which of over 60 years of continuity, involving dozens of different stories per moths, has produced several hundred super powered characters of different tiers of popularity and pop culture awareness.

But in a much slimmer and less populated continuity like the movies it would be rather jarring to have two very similar powered yet entirely seperated characters introduced so closely.

Infact it's rather interesting to notice that the MCU is still extremely underpopulated in terms of super powered human characters, whereas the comic universe has them at every corner and that before mutants are even counted in.

Oh I dont. Storms name is storm. Her power and name are all in one. The only thing that will change is how they work and the intensity and strength of them most likely she will be severely nerfed you know so wolverine and co can shine. Also her magic will not even be factored in. I mean you even have people on redit complaining right now that she tapping into her magic ie unnecessary and too op. Like that is something the writers just came up with and not a persistent trait of her for more than 30 to 40 years. Again it's crazy people dont realise that the reason she has white hair isnt because of her mutation but because she is "The magic"

My friend, relax. I know how you feel. Storm will save the Broken Land and lead Arakkii to a better future!
    Picks up microphone
    Lights dim
    Instruments start playing ...

{ Many nights I praaaayyyyy....}
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Oh I dont. Storms name is storm. Her power and name are all in one. The only thing that will change is how they work and the intensity and strength of them most likely she will be severely nerfed you know so wolverine and co can shine. Also her magic will not even be factored in. I mean you even have people on redit complaining right now that she tapping into her magic ie unnecessary and too op. Like that is something the writers just came up with and not a persistent trait of her for more than 30 to 40 years. Again it's crazy people dont realise that the reason she has white hair isnt because of her mutation but because she is "The magic"

Picks up microphone
    Lights dim
    Instruments start playing ...

{ Many nights I praaaayyyyy....}
    Yeah, some of the comments on Reddit are very unreasonable. No one has a problem with Jean or Magneto when they perform spectacular feats, but when Storm performs feats of the same rank or above, it's as if the sky has fallen.(I don't have a problem with Jean or Magneto, just an example. Don't bother me)And magic. It's not like ewing suddenly pulled it out of her pocket and gave it to Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That's a good point.
    Having characters with identical or very similar powers is rather acceptable in a world which of over 60 years of continuity, involving dozens of different stories per moths, has produced several hundred super powered characters of different tiers of popularity and pop culture awareness.

But in a much slimmer and less populated continuity like the movies it would be rather jarring to have two very similar powered yet entirely seperated characters introduced so closely.

Infact it's rather interesting to notice that the MCU is still extremely underpopulated in terms of super powered human characters, whereas the comic universe has them at every corner and that before mutants are even counted in.
    Yes, MCU is just too small and doesn't have as much room to tell the same story as the comics. Everything is compressed and cut down.