Page 341 of 544 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 8147
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's funny because...I saw yesterday two "hot" (by which I mean rubbish) takes on Twatter involving Storm/Polaris and Storm/Wonder Woman. And I scrolled past as fast as my fingers could go. Who has time for that shit? Not me.

There are misconceptions associated with every single Superhero created. Not just from poor writing but also very bad reading comprehension. And if I were to spend my time and energy trying to correct the "erroneous" notions of ALL my faves (not just Storm) there'll be no time left for me to actually enjoy my faves. So you know what...? Let them think Storm is just Lightning Lass...I know how to pick sense from nonsense (when it comes to writers not doing their due diligence) and the full complement of the Claremont Run and others, that say otherwise.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    The moment she discovers magma is yet another "medium" she can manipulate.
    Pak had her open the crust and bring up magma in Kenya from across the world in the conclusion of his run. She was weirdly amplified by that Akira rip off kid, but she did it. Using magnetic fields, if I recall...

magneticfields.jpg

magneticfields2.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Pak had her open the crust and bring up magma in Kenya from across the world in the conclusion of his run. She was weirdly amplified by that Akira rip off kid, but she did it. Using magnetic fields, if I recall...

magneticfields.jpg

magneticfields2.jpg
    Yeah I remember that. "Psionically conductive flesh". But I wonder if she knows she can do it without the amp. The weirdest amp I've ever seen but an amp nonetheless.

Did find it a bit odd that she described her mind exploding with power though. Like of all the stuff she's done (or wielded if we're counting the fake hammer), this is what puts stars in her eyes?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yeah I remember that. "Psionically conductive flesh". But I wonder if she knows she can do it without the amp. The weirdest amp I've ever seen but an amp nonetheless.

Did find it a bit odd that she described her mind exploding with power though. Like of all the stuff she's done (or wielded if we're counting the fake hammer), this is what puts stars in her eyes?
    I took it as an influx of free psionic energy to run the “machine”, the circuit functions are all within Storm range of abilities she just got a free one time unlimited fuel coupon.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I took it as an influx of free psionic energy to run the “machine”, the circuit functions are all within Storm range of abilities she just got a free one time unlimited fuel coupon.
    Ohh alright, I can see that.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

magneticfields.jpg

magneticfields2.jpg
    I had forgotten that feat. She manipulated the weather simultaneously in three different ways across different regions. That was coolz.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    I don't know why I cackled when saw this post. Like I was genuinely rolling on the floor from this. But yeah bestie No. NO. This is most likely another illuminati 3.0 or whatever.

Good luck to all the others involved.
    I guess so. Good luck to those involved.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I guess so. Good luck to those involved.
    Exactly my friend... all we can do is wish them luck and move on the path we are on.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Fantastic Member

What is everyones top 5 Storm (Earth 616) feats of all-time?

Mines has to be in no particular order

1. Healing rift in Trion Dimension (Uncanny X-Men #369)
    2. Channeling the entire Galactic Core (Uncanny X-Men #165)
    3. Wormhole to teleport Solar System to edge of universe (Storm & The Brotherhood Of Mutants #2)
    4. Summoning Weather with Magic / Creating a miniature star for an alien planet (The Power Of Light 2021)
    5. Transcending to her Goddess form and defeating Adversary (Black Panther #172)

I’m not completely sure if #4 is canon in 616 or not.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 03-30-2023 at 04:17 PM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    What is everyones top 5 Storm (Earth 616) feats of all-time?

Mines has to be in no particular order

1. Healing rift in Trion Dimension (Uncanny X-Men #369)
    2. Channeling the entire Galactic Core (Uncanny X-Men #165)
    3. Wormhole to teleport Solar System to edge of universe (Storm & The Brotherhood Of Mutants #2)
    4. Summoning Weather with Magic / Creating a miniature star for an alien planet (The Power Of Light 2021)
    5. Transcending to her Goddess form and defeating Adversary (Black Panther #172)

I’m not completely sure if #4 is canon in 616 or not.
    Storm used no magic on the power of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I'm still not sure how she did that... also the plant life started growing immediately. She was on some Disney princess type stuff...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I mean it isn’t directly stated, but it’s implied she used her magic or divine powers because with her normal mutant powers she cannot create weather out of nothing. Like what happened when she fought Vulcan the second time, he might have stolen the “atmosphere” from her nullifying her mutant ability, but she did state she was holding back so she still could have probably took the power back from Vulcan or it would have been a tug and war. She also could have transcended her Omega mutation and did something similar like the wormhole to defeat him.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Mighty Member

I mean it isn’t directly stated, but it’s implied she used her magic or divine powers because with her normal mutant powers she cannot create weather out of nothing. Like what happened when she fought Vulcan the second time, he might have stolen the “atmosphere” from her nullifying her mutant ability, but she did state she was holding back so she still could have probably took the power back from Vulcan or it would have been a tug and war. She also could have transcended her Omega mutation and did something similar like the wormhole to defeat him.
    No it's no implied at all. It's basically a mini version of a galactic core feat. She created a star in that feat from the energies of the core.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 03-31-2023 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I'm still not sure how she did that... also the plant life started growing immediately. She was on some Disney princess type stuff...
    It's emphasized in the comic, she summoned the power of the elements.

Indeed it can, since the infinite power of the elements is hers to command.