Page 329 of 544 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 8147
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ewing never had Storm say anything about Crowns... Lol

Especially since her tiara as well Iconic. So I'm not really seeing the inconsistency here.

She threw it off her head like she didn’t want it anymore. Now she got a whole ship with that on it lol. What made her change her mind. Al always writing stuff and don’t explain.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ewing did have her throw off her golden head adornments and destroy her throne in Red #1. I get that monarchies are unpopular in the real world, and for very good reasons, but within the context of Storm's journey as Voice of Sol and Regent of Arakko, there was a bit too much bristling at the 'confines' of such a position of leadership for my taste too. That said, despite her misgivings at the beginning, I think these last few months of stories have proven that she will always step up as a leader for people in need when the time comes, so I don't think it's some plot point that was overlabored.

The best leaders are those who do not WANT to lead. It is that grasping for power and prestige that is the real poison(as we see with Sinister(s) wanting to rule the whole of creation). I think because we have seen power corrupt so much in the real world, Ewing goes out of his way to show that while Storm is extremely powerful, and great at leading others, she would rather such positions not even be necessary. It's a conundrum, and reasonable, given Ororo's arc all the way back to the beginning. While doubting her ability to lead made sense at the beginning of her adventures, when writers harp on it too much these days, it does become grating(such as in Wood's or Guggenheim's runs).

I think Ewing has done a good job of addressing it, but also showing a person who steps up and transcends her own personal opinions for the greater good of others(even if that includes putting on a crown, so much so that her diadem has become the very symbol of her movement, a century, or even a millennium after her destroying those scraps of gold and the throne on Arakko).

Lol from the looks of it. Storm was running away from all that stuff.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    She threw it off her head like she didn’t want it anymore. Now she got a whole ship with that on it lol. What made her change her mind. Al always writing stuff and don’t explain.
    The gold tiara she threw away was not the same object, much less the same concept, as her classic tiara. Her classic tiara came from her mother and represents inheritance.
    Don't fans always say X office or Ewing doesn't explore her family? Ewing is giving you the answer through magic and a return to classic styling.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 03-24-2023 at 05:54 PM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Lol from the looks of it. Storm was running away from all that stuff.
    She's probably traumatized from all the nonsense with Wakandan, Latverian, and Atlantean royals over the years that it was like a knee-jerk reaction(could even be genetic, as her own mother ran away from her own throne). Over the next decade-century, perhaps she came to realize the utility of such trappings, especially when wielded by [her] deft hands.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Despite nearly impossible odds, Storm and the Brotherhood have been surviving while civilizations and places like Asgard have been destroyed. Her tiara symbol serves as an inspiring unifier much like a nation's flag during war. Plus it's important to have such an identifier in war when there are scattered rebel factions across the cosmos. Imagine being stranded on a floating rock in space and you look up to see a ship appear adorned with her symbol, the symbol of the one who has refused to surrender for 100 years.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She's probably traumatized from all the nonsense with Wakandan, Latverian, and Atlantean royals over the years that it was like a knee-jerk reaction(could even be genetic, as her own mother ran away from her own throne). Over the next decade-century, perhaps she came to realize the utility of such trappings, especially when wielded by [her] deft hands.
    Yeah, she hid thief's tools behind her classic tiara. This object represents her more personally. And she is at the center of this rebellion.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Now Al to me is still an okay writer for Storm.

The one thing that is bugging me is her crown. Lol what happened to no crowns. Made a huge deal for nothing
    All off a sudden they have a crown clothing line. Cringe….. lol
    I suspect the destruction of her planet, it's leaders and the fact that the universe has gone to hell had something to do with her change of heart. She simply did what she had to do given the circumstances... she became a symbol of hope.
    Last edited by The Regent; 03-24-2023 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Despite nearly impossible odds, Storm and the Brotherhood have been surviving while civilizations and places like Asgard have been destroyed. Her tiara symbol serves as an inspiring unifier much like a nation's flag during war. Plus it's important to have such an identifier in war when there are scattered rebel factions across the cosmos. Imagine being stranded on a floating rock in space and you look up to see a ship appear adorned with her symbol, the symbol of the one who has refused to surrender for 100 years.
    The perfect explanation. This sign stands for hope. I don't see that it has anything to do with kingship or rule. It was still a religion even in 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Exactly, its likely ironfire and the brotherhood adopted it when storm started wearing it. And it stuck as the symbol of resistance..
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Incredible Member

Lol sounds like a lot of excuses.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Why am I sensing Coates vs Ewing shenanigans creeping it's way back into the thread ...
    IMG_20230310_081421.jpg
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Incredible Member

But I’m in the wrong lol what happened to no thrones I love Storm but Al lol

F172F3AE-02DE-44BE-9882-64D332D2215E.jpg
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Lol sounds like a lot of excuses.
    These are two completely different objects, different sources. The first time she wore this tiara she was not a queen, but a local goddess. She continued to wear it as she became the X men. This tiara represents who she is and what she believes in. I don't know why that would be an excuse.

Incredible Member

Lol I’m leaving Coates alone. Al is doing good for Storm. I just don’t always like his writing.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    These are two completely different objects, different sources. The first time she wore this tiara she was not a queen, but a local goddess. She continued to wear it as she became the X men. This tiara represents who she is and what she believes in. I don't know why that would be an excuse.

All the same thing lol thrones tiaras queen king. She was getting away from all that.
    Give Coates a Storm solo