Page 513 of 544 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 8147
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

after what I saw im an Ewing fan!!! he took my breathe away and then some. I can't wait to discuss tomorrow. he really did the damn thing. had me near tears and sent chills through my body good!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    This era was a real eye opener about how a portion of the fandom feels about this character. We've always known the writers didn’t care for Storm, but now we know a certain section of the fandom really can't stand it when Storm has some shine. Anyone complaining this hard about Storm in this era after the disastrous 15 years she's had is out of touch imo.

The amount of hate and criticism towards the character from some of the online spaces is constant and staggering. Where was this same energy when Storm was neglected for 15 years in the X books, constantly losing fights, being subordinate, and looking a damn fool. You didn't see these dissertations being written about the disrespect to the character like is being done now over her current portrayal.

I can't take the crying about Storm being overpowered, arrogant, always right, never challenged seriously anymore. It's hypocritical and nonsensical. And it's even sadder cause Storm is essentially off in her own story, in the peripheral from the main X storyline to begin with, yet they're still mad. 15 years of Storm being a non-entity. They can handle 5 years of her being competent.
    preach friend!!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    after what I saw im an Ewing fan!!! he took my breathe away and then some. I can't wait to discuss tomorrow. he really did the damn thing. had me near tears and sent chills through my body good!
    Yaaaaay! Oooh I'm excited.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously. That's all that matters.

Tomorrow will bring whatever Brevoort deems necessary for his tenure in the X-Office. And as with all previous eras, some parts (editors, books, writers, art, plots,) will most certainly be shit and Storm could very well be written by someone who doesn't care at all for what Lord Ewing has done and revert her to Lightning Lass status and ability as per editorial mandate and/or inclination. And...it wouldn't matter one bit. It will never change what has already been written in canon. It would be disappointing if that happened but that's a possibility anyone who has been reading comics and their favourite characters (not just Storm) for any number of eras has already come to terms with.
    My friend you have no idea how perfect this issue was. She's not just thriving she's growing. 40 years of character growth is finally being used to tell a cohesive well written story. The feat tells the story and isn't just a shiny object. Bless Lord Ewing

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So very excited to read it.

Bless Lord Ewing!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You will do back flips after reading this issue, it doesn't get better

It builds on what comes before it in the most beautiful way possible. Like the streets are speaking, and I love what I have heared, cant wait to get my copy!!!
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Mighty Member

Bless Lord Ewing!
    Bless him indeed.

Oh shoot! I am travelling for work and not home to get my book in the mail. I guess I'll be buying the digital copy on my iPad tomorrow!

Very excited to hear this issue maintains the previously set high standard!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Yeah, I think you guys will LOVE what Al Ewing did for Storm in tomorrow's Issue.

He once again has proven time and time again that he KNOWS how Storm's Powers Work and her History etc.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Bless Lord Ewing!
    You will not be disappointed.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    You will do back flips after reading this issue, it doesn't get better
    Omg I better stretch!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Omg I better stretch!
    Stretch, do some yoga, calisthenics, gymnastics or just let the spirit move you. Lordt Ewing did that.

lolol I've talked to a lot of different storm fans about the issue and all have has nothing but positive things to say about the issue. it's a great time to be a storm fan!!