Page 25 of 544 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought the goal was just to end their relationship but from what I heard the character assassination got exponentially worse. I would always tell his fandom I know they didn't like Coates but it could be worse. like Coates actually cared about the character even if they didn't like the execution. he came out of that story literal an emperor of an entire galactic fleet with all the black super heroes in his corner. how is Ridley version fairing in comparison lol
    I do not think Coates cared about tchalla. That issue where storm talked to nakia showed me exactly how coates saw Tchalla imho. But i can't say which is worse as i only read six issues of Ridley run where as Coates i made it all the way up to the storm/nakia convo so i did last longer with coates.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    yooo all i keep thinking about is why TF is a black panther story in the fictional country of wakanda so deeply tied to slave trade and slavery in the u.s. like your not making coates sound any better.

Especially when he literally did a slave trade rape kingdom storyline.
    because the idea of slavery isn't just tied to that of slavery in the US. their is sex trafficking, there are children trafficked for work and sex all across the world. the history of slavery of some form can be found in all cultures. also not trying to make him sound better or anything im just stating the facts. if you dont like it thats fine but I enjoyed the stories.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

I thought the goal was just to end their relationship but from what I heard the character assassination got exponentially worse. I would always tell his fandom I know they didn't like Coates but it could be worse. like Coates actually cared about the character even if they didn't like the execution. he came out of that story literal an emperor of an entire galactic fleet with all the black super heroes in his corner. how is Ridley version fairing in comparison lol

Remember Hickman was about to write a different story…. My opinion better… John Ridley my opinion couldn’t handle writing Storm and BP like Coates did. Them breaking up was random

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Listen this is one of the best love stories…. Folk just can’t comprehend lol
    lolol it was so good. I just wish Ridley would have come with the same energy instead of making up random characters to end their relationship lol.

I do not think Coates cared about tchalla. That issue where storm talked to nakia s showed me exactly how coates saw Tchalla imho. But i can't say which is worse as i only read six issues of Ridley run where as Coates i made it all the way up to the storm/nakia convo so i did last longer with coates.
    well the fact you lasted longer with coates i think speaks for itself lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Remember Hickman was about to write a different story…. My opinion better… John Ridley my opinion couldn’t handle writing Storm and BP like Coates did. Them breaking up was random
    it was very random and poorly executed. made zero sense.

lolol it was so good. I just wish Ridley would have come with the same energy instead of making up random characters to end their relationship lol.

well the fact you lasted longer with coates i think speaks for itself lol
    i guess so. i was more exicted for BP with issues 1-4 of Ridley run than coates entire run but issues 5 and 6 was so bad i couldn't stay on that train wreck.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

i guess so. i was more exicted for BP with issues 1-4 of Ridley run than coates entire run but issues 5 and 6 was so bad i couldn't stay on that train wreck.
    oh im not surprised at all by you loving it. nice it gave you what you needed until it didn't.

All - Just finished going through Red #10 - I must say I disagree with the reactions on this book and this specific issue. It is GOOD. Ewing is DELIVERING! I won’t say too much here to avoid spoiling but…Ororo of the Storm was running class and teaching lessons. No slights on her at all. If anything this is XXM/80’s Storm spoilers:
    tactical cunning and strategy at its finest. She clearly did not NEED any help, and wasn’t concerned about proving herself to Vulcan. A la Coates BP intergalactic battle with symbiote Killmonger, he opted to wear Storm down in order to overcome her, which was smarte. Her power is massive but her body will tire. She used that same strategy here to bide her time, let Vulcan run that mouth while countering his attacks with not a hair out of place, and then ultimately lose to a strategy he didn’t see coming because he expected her to be like him and match him power for power when she didn’t need to. Where he is ego and power focused, which didn’t get him anywhere the entire fight, she already figured out a cunning way to defeat him indefinitely that he can’t do shit about except die and hopefully get resurrected. Again. Crazy how she also already thought of a way he could get passed his new prison.
    end of spoilers Ewing is just….such a talent and we fans are blessed/fortunate.Looking forward to chatting on this more.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-03-2023 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    All - Just finished going through Red #10 - I must say I disagree with the reactions on this book and this specific issue. It is GOOD. Ewing is DELIVERING! I won’t say too much here to avoid spoiling but…Ororo of the Storm was running class and teaching lessons. No slights on her at all. If anything this is XXM/80’s Storm spoilers:
    tactical cunning and strategy at its finest. She clearly did not NEED any help, and wasn’t concerned about proving herself to Vulcan. A la Coates BP intergalactic battle with symbiote Killmonger, he opted to wear Storm down in order to overcome her, which was smarte. Her power is massive but her body will tire. She used that same strategy here to bide her time, let Vulcan run that mouth while countering his attacks with not a hair out of place, and then ultimately lose to a strategy he didn’t see coming because he expected her to be like him and match him power for power when she didn’t need to. Where he is ego and power focused, which didn’t get him anywhere the entire fight, she already figured out a cunning way to defeat him indefinitely that he can’t do shit about except die and hopefully get resurrected. Again. Crazy how she also already thought of a way he could get passed his new prison.
    end of spoilers Ewing is just….such a talent and we fans are blessed/fortunate.Looking forward to chatting on this more.
    always love your prospective boo and can't wait to discuss in detail tomorrow!

The story is good the fight was overhyped, let this be a very potent lesson to all you storm fans, lol. In mitigating your expectations in certain areas. Looking forward to this new year and all it will bring. Because why not.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I have to say I agree as well. After some of the reactions, I was expecting the worst but I found what happened here to be very well suited to Storm even if it wasn’t necessarily the outright display of power superiority many had hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I have to say I agree as well. After some of the reactions, I was expecting the worst but I found what happened here to be very well suited to Storm even if it wasn’t necessarily the outright display of power superiority many had hoped for.
    I’m leaning this way too. Feels like a theme Ewing has been doing with Storm in SWORD and Red that is driving her role in the book, as well as how it translate to her approach to the combat. This was solid 10 for me.

So just read Red #10 and the only word that comes to mind is "underwhelming". Ewing promised a spectacle and this wasn't it. To be honest it didn't do justice for either Storm or Vulcan.

He described all of Vulcan's actions as meaningless feats to appease his own insecurities. Well, I guess that's his attitude toward feats. Right now I just want to see some solid character development.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    So just read Red #10 and the only word that comes to mind is "underwhelming". Ewing promised a spectacle and this wasn't it. To be honest it didn't do justice for either Storm or Vulcan.
    No it was vulcan getting quenched with rain water for me.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.