Page 52 of 544 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Omg I'm stretching the feat into something that it isnt, well I guess it's only the sun bomb thing that is the feat. At least storm is no longer a glass cannon.
    yes it was still a cool feat. the sun bomb was nice I can't say it wasn't. even though the battle ultimately was a huge let down the opener was very cool, which was why I was hoping for an epic battle we were promised.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Attachment 128171

Yes, I believe in controlling stability to protect Arakko prime, which includes dealing with the high temperatures of the planet's core.
    magneto brought molten iron from the core of the planet. not all of it was used against the creature. furthermore, ororo part was temperature control of arakko prime (not arakko the planet) which was separate from what magneto did when he used the molten iron to destroyed the beast.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    magneto brought molten iron from the core of the planet. not all of it was used against the creature. furthermore, ororo part was temperature control of arakko prime (not arakko the planet) which was separate from what magneto did when he used the molten iron to destroyed the beast.
    Or maybe you don't think Magneto's use of liquid metal in the planet's core is a planetary feat. If that was true for Magneto, then Storm handled its aftermath perfectly, and that should count as a planetary feat.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Or maybe you don't think Magneto's use of liquid metal in the planet's core is a planetary feat. If that was true for Magneto, then Storm handled its aftermath perfectly, and that should count as a planetary feat.
    if he had manipulated all of the molten iron yes it would planetary; however, doing so would end up destroying Arakko so from that alone what he did wasn't planetary. he only took a portion (a small amount respective to how large the plsnet core is) to destroy the creature. but that aside ororo explicitly stated she protected arakko prime with her temperature and climate control. that again, what she stated she did, was continental feat at most.

On the fence here. I liked Red 10 but expected a more grandiose fight but eh. Won’t fault Storm’s strategic thinking so that part I enjoyed. I’m kind of changing my thinking on it after just read an interesting post on the CV feats thread. The Storm haters are quickly trying to tear down Red #10. I also saw some of the coping crying on youtube as well but Storm fans are good at checking people there too lol. Anyway Thunderbolt30 made some sense with the response so I think in the bigger picture this was still a long term strategy move with the battle, and smart on Ororo’s part to keep him alive. Other way around she just kills him with short term and long term consequences. My two cents anyway.

I do want Ewing to dive more into her powers though. I see what he’s doing with using the fundamental core powers of westher phenomena t in different ways then we usually get. Like what’s,entioned above about keeping Arakko Prime (not sure of that is the whole planet or just a specific area of Arakko) protected from the heat of the molten core. Or the way she sustained Magneto or chilled Nameless’s blood and froze her skin to lock her into her form. Still feats to me but nit necessarily omega level.

if he had manipulated all of the molten iron yes it would planetary; however, doing so would end up destroying Arakko so from that alone what he did wasn't planetary. he only took a portion (a small amount respective to how large the plsnet core is) to destroy the creature. but that aside ororo explicitly stated she protected arakko prime with her temperature and climate control. that again, what she stated she did, was continental feat at most.
    OK, so you don't think either of these two are planetary feat. How I wish I could see in images the intense power of which she spoke.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    On the fence here. I liked Red 10 but expected a more grandiose fight but eh. Won’t fault Storm’s strategic thinking so that part I enjoyed. I’m kind of changing my thinking on it after just read an interesting post on the CV feats thread. The Storm haters are quickly trying to tear down Red #10. I also saw some of the coping crying on youtube as well but Storm fans are good at checking people there too lol. Anyway Thunderbolt30 made some sense with the response so I think in the bigger picture this was still a long term strategy move with the battle, and smart on Ororo’s part to keep him alive. Other way around she just kills him with short term and long term consequences. My two cents anyway.

I do want Ewing to dive more into her powers though. I see what he’s doing with using the fundamental core powers of westher phenomena t in different ways then we usually get. Like what’s,entioned above about keeping Arakko Prime (not sure of that is the whole planet or just a specific area of Arakko) protected from the heat of the molten core. Or the way she sustained Magneto or chilled Nameless’s blood and froze her skin to lock her into her form. Still feats to me but nit necessarily omega level.
    honestly the way the battle ended i think people could make a valid argument that the way Vulcan was subdued was PIS/WIS considering battles he has had in the past. Vulcan in the previous issue had absorbed all of Nova's energy and took out gladiator, only for his power to be extinguished by rain? I believe I saw Rider make the case that Storm was trying to have him expend all his powers but even still Vulcan is an energy manipulator one who place force fields around himself. He isn't pyro so even by chance his flames were extinguished why couldn't he turn of Ororo's power like he did tarn or simply absorb her energy? It was a really sloppy battle how it ended. The first time they fought was way more believable than this and as a storm fan who wanted a win for her I dont think this particular encounter did either of them justice.

OK, so you don't think either of these two are planetary feat. How I wish I could see in images the intense power of which she spoke.

no these were not planetary feats.

Energy manipulators of the same level cannot absorb each other's energy. But I think a rain really scared him to the point where he was trapped in a metal coffin before he remembered he had any other powers.

Energy manipulators of the same level cannot absorb each other's energy. But I think a rain really scared him to the point where he was trapped in a metal coffin before he remembered he had any other powers.
    he could have turned off her powers though, just as he did tarn when his powers were simultaneously turned off.

this man has flown through space and taken out shiar ships. no way some rain should scare him.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-06-2023 at 12:04 PM.

he could have turned off her powers though, just as he did tarn when his powers were simultaneously turned off.
    What StormBorn is selling is the old wooden gun vs Magneto gag... https://youtu.be/x5-JVvCrGC8

The notion that Vulcan was so shocked that Storm could still operate after he burned the atmosphere that he had an existential crisis and forgot how to function lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    What StormBorn is selling is the old wooden gun vs Magneto gag... https://youtu.be/x5-JVvCrGC8
    lololol that was really hard to watch

I always Liked These Little Moments Between Erick and Ororo

"Goddess be Praised"

When he only uses fire and Storm only uses ice and rain, I think the metaphor for teamwork is more than the battle itself. It wasn't an epic battle, and the whole thing was used to serve Storm's final speech. So yes, Vulcan can disable Storm's abilities, and Storm can freeze him at absolute Zero or consume all of his powers independently.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post

I woke the neighborhood up when I read this!
    Hide the disappoint with laughter!

right these fans of storm are a bit aggravating because of the gaslighting. again this isn't a story about some hand to hand fighters. it's omega level mutants and aside from the preview the fight wasn't giving.

lolololol yes perfect analogy. you and sub giving me what I need once again!!!

lmfao sprint is flat af!!

that post by sub took me out too lol
    Lmao! I'm sorry but at this point I'm just here to be here with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Sub is such a menace lol.

Since the day I came out of the womb!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Ok...I got the whole office thinking something wrong with me for laughing so loud and long at this..... SPRINT?!?!
    Sprint. SPRINT.

And the funniest part about all of this is, even with such a lackluster ending to the fight, Al is STILL one of the best writers Storm has ever had. No contest. Like I'm not that much of a feat maniac to ignore that.

Went went from "I can't make it rain inside the dome" and "I'm powerless without Stormcaster" to her changing the culture of an ancient race and going toe to toe with a mad boy-"emperor" and winning twice based off pure skill.

Say what you want about the battle but it's never a question about whether Al respects Storm.

There's no room for argument or debate here. Anyone saying otherwise hasn't been reading Storm long enough to tell the difference.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation