Page 54 of 544 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    IKR. I mean his end is basically what Doom did to her years befroe, except he is fully conscious and will be mulling over this fight until he dies or gets saved.

“she couldn’t have been holding back? What did she mean? She should’ve been destroyed? I was too much for her! Her snow, her ice, her winds could not have saved her for much longer. I am King! My power is legion! There is no way she was restraining herself. how dares she ssay that! Impertinent wench! But how did she make rain? She has no honor!” *hears Storm laughing, he screams, and then passess out*
    If Vulcan told her about what Xavier had done to him, she would try to help him. But he chose to prove everything with fire, and he lost the chance of redemption.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    He did. He said he Stole the Sky from her he absorbed her Energy only to find out he never did.
    He didn't absorb anything, he just burned the sky. Right before he says "I have stolen the sky" he brags about her winds being "dry as dust" and "the sky is fire". It was a figure of speech...

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I have a question on that too.

Does he even have the rage to do that? Like his whole spiel about boiling the Arctic and such, does he even have the range of power to do that? Honest question.

I've never seen anyone say he has global or even city wide range, just that he's suppose to be insanely powerful in whatever area he's in.
    Honestly, I wouldn't get stuck on that Fancy Talk about Boiling and Artic BS. But, in TRUTH? Yes.

If, he wanted to he could destroy the whole Content of Antarctica. BUT!!!! IMO I personally believe he needs an extra Boost of Energy to do such a Feat.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    If Vulcan told her about what Xavier had done to him, she would try to help him. But he chose to prove everything with fire, and he lost the chance of redemption.
    Did he really though? Storm forgave Emma. Storm forgave Magneto. If Vulcan ever "evolves" beyond whatever he is now, I think Storm would end up forgiving him and possibly mentoring him.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Honestly, I wouldn't get stuck on that Fancy Talk about Boiling and Artic BS. But, in TRUTH? Yes.

If, he wanted to he could destroy the whole Content of Antarctica. BUT!!!! IMO I personally believe he needs an extra Boost of Energy to do such a Feat.
    I see.

Then in my head canon, I'll say that's where the Nova force power boost went.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

This was my biggest complaint by FAR.

Tbh it makes all 3 of them (I'm including Al here) look like they don't understand each others powers.

Look, I get it. Even since Hickman was around, Vulcan was going on about his herpes and the fire in his crotch and all that. But it's not LITERAL fire at all and shouldn't be written like it is.

Like we just had this discussion when Storm gave her "life essence" to Magneto via lightning. Clearly, something else was being done because had it just been straight up electrical power he required then have Storm make a thunderhead and toss Eric up into it ad call it a day.

Vulcan's flame is energy itself. ALL energy. It's like reducing the Phoenix and her statement about being "fire incarnate" to actual flame and we all know that ain't true.

I said it before but I'll say it again, Al had the perfect chance to show us some true OMEGA level weather/energy manipulation and he still could've used rain. Have Storm use all that excess energy Vulcan was throwing around and transform it into a rain of energy that snuffed out his "flame". Have her do the same thing Tarn did to her and Vulcan but make it her OWN. Al still could've used the fact that Storm has superior will and power usage even though they are evenly matched in RAW power.

It's freaking comics! Not everything Storm does needs to be rooted in real-life nature or science. Hell, if it's that hard for some people to swallow then refer them back to issue 2 when she transformed Vulcan's flame (energy) into lightning (aka her comfort zone). Clearly once Storm has control over it then there's nothing Vulcan can do as lightning should be about the easiest thing for him to absorb to re-energize himself with.

Also, Kyss, you made a good point about his shield. Vulcan played totally offensively to the point where he (and Al) forgot that Vulcan can absorb energy just as easily as he's manipulating it. The fact that it didn't occur to him to absorb solar energy or energy from the planet itself is one of the many reasons why this fight is, lacking, if I'm being polite. Again, like I said in my review of the fight, issue 9 did more harm to this fight than anything else. What we saw Vulcan do there and in issue 10 is like they were 2 different characters.

And I'm sorry, as much of a fan as I am of Al, I cannot and will not ever believe that after being resurrected and absorbing the Nova force that a bomb and a few blasts of power drained Vulcan to the point where rain was enough to snuff him out. This man should've had reserves for days and days on end.
    Yes, the whole point of this battle is the metaphor of teamwork. But the process was not satisfactory. Vulcan was only allowed to use fire, while Storm could only use ice and rain. If this had been a 20-page battle, I believe the outcome would have been very different.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    He didn't absorb anything, he just burned the sky. Right before he says "I have stolen the sky" he brags about her winds being "dry as dust" and "the sky is fire".
    I interpreted that a Different way

Yes, the whole point of this battle is the metaphor of teamwork. But the process was not satisfactory. Vulcan was only allowed to use fire, while Storm could only use ice and rain. If this had been a 20-page battle, I believe the outcome would have been very different.
    Yeah I believe that too. The fight should've been far longer than what was allowed.

Did he really though? Storm forgave Emma. Storm forgave Magneto. If Vulcan ever "evolves" beyond whatever he is now, I think Storm would end up forgiving him and possibly mentoring him.
    For now, I think. He'll be in a metal coffin for a long time. But yes, if they meet again, I think Storm will try to help him.

I see.

Then in my head canon, I'll say that's where the Nova force power boost went.
    I mean....Yes. You could argue that.

Vulcan has a Boost in power due to his Resurrections. Then he absorbed Nova, then absorbed the Energy in Gladiator's Brain.

That Explosion honestly would be the result of that. Also, Vulcan actually CAN deplete himself if he uses too much energy. That is a thing. That's why he likes to drain people all the time. LOL sounded so wrong.

Also I noticed the art doesn't really match the words. For example "Sobunar filled the underground chamber with endless ocean" but what we say was a light shower that formed the smallest puddle around Vulcan I've ever seen.

I mean....Yes. You could argue that.

Vulcan has a Boost in power due to his Resurrections. Then he absorbed Nova, then absorbed the Energy in Gladiator's Brain.

That Explosion honestly would be the result of that. Also, Vulcan actually CAN deplete himself if he uses too much energy. That is a thing. That's why he likes to drain people all the time. LOL sounded so wrong.
    LMAO! Too many red flags there.

Agreed on both. Vulcan wouldn’t be bad on the GR if he changed, and I can see him learning from Storm. But I think as a villain he’s more interesting and doesn’t have the capacity to grow to a place where he knows he needs redemption.

Also I noticed the art doesn't really match the words. For example "Sobunar filled the underground chamber with endless ocean" but what we say was a light shower that formed the smallest puddle around Vulcan I've ever seen.
    Vulcan after the fight tho.

Well, artists can't paint everything that writers describe.