Page 430 of 544 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 8147

I just read Storm #1 and honestly Kitty was getting on my last nerves the whole time and Storm with the constant "who am I to save these kids with my powers? who am I to constantly save the world with my powers? Who am I to pee standing up!?" I'm just not used to her constantly doubting herself. What issues does this take place around because I need context?

What I loved about it was the warm family vibe, them just hanging out at the beach after the mission and the team work was nice even though Storm could deal with them all in two seconds lol.
    Last edited by The Regent; 05-24-2023 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I just read Storm #1 and honestly Kitty was getting on my last nerves the whole time and Storm with the constant "who am I to save these kids with my powers? who am I to constantly save the world with my powers? Who am I to pee standing up!?" I'm just not used to her constantly doubting herself. What issues does this take place around because I need context?

What I loved about it was the warm family vibe, them just hanging out at the beach after the mission and the team work was nice even though Storm could deal with them all in two seconds lol.

This takes place after Logan's Wedding before it was made for Naught, this was also when Ororo Met Yukio, and before going to Japan and Meeting Yukio Ororo Had Already bested Calypso and was losing her grip with her Power, Xaviar was overstepping around that time, constantly going against the currents of storms Judgement etc, in a summary, Chuck was pissing storm off and In that result affected the Control she had,

And the Ororo Doubting herself thing, i think she was realizing her Abilities Reap what she sow anything and everything she commands reaps some Resipacation esleware kinda how she was talking about karma and the Laws of Cause and Effect to rouge
    "Goddess be Praised"

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Yeah, Ann Nocenti is just filling up the gaps because there weren't many issues of Storm ACTUALLY doing something. I mean you got 8 Issues of Mowhawk Storm. Uncanny X-Men: #173, 175, 178, 179, 180, 181, 184 and 185. It wasn't until Issue 180 that Storm's internal Conflict REALLY started to Bug her.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 05-24-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love Ann Nocenti. I did not love this. The tone and writing/dialogue were...overwrought and overdone. She was trying way too hard to get that Claremont 80's sound and feel and failing horribly. She is not Claremont and she really shouldn't try to write like Claremont. And I say that because none of her other written work back then ever read that heavy and tedious. While I get she is just "filling in the gaps" this really did nothing for me, falling flat and insipid. And the art made it even worse.

Calling it now...Blowback is Blonde Biker Boy.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-24-2023 at 02:13 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I want Phantasia as a primary Storm villain and add Sienna Blaze as well!
    Preach!

Phantazia had a fun battle against Storm in the 90s Hardee's comics.

And Siena Blaze's first outing against Storm, Cyclops and Professor X in X-Men Unlimited #1 remains one of my favorite comics ever. I also like their thematic conflict being Storm's control versus Siena's lack of control. I'd love to see them in a rematch.

Haven't read Storm #1 yet but I'm so glad to hear people are liking it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Preach!

Phantazia had a fun battle against Storm in the 90s Hardee's comics.
    Do you remember the issue by any chance?? :-)
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Wow. Reading Storm 1 made me nostalgic for the X-Men's best era.

It was like X-Men Legends. But good.
    That is good means the nostalgia is working. As intended.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Do you remember the issue by any chance?? :-)
    As far as I can remember, Storm lost the battle on pity.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the issue. I can't guess what or who Ann was trying to impress but please stop. I'm hoping someone dunked a bucket of water on for issue 2 because if not.....

Like I said on twitter, I'm pretty much here for the feats from here on out because dear Goddess the dialog is a mess, the characterization is annoying, and we all already know Blowback is the white "tech boy".
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    As far as I can remember, Storm lost the battle on pity.
    Really? LOL I need to see that now.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yeah, Ann Nocenti is just filling up the gaps because there weren't many issues of Storm ACTUALLY doing something. I mean you got 8 Issues of Mowhawk Storm. Uncanny X-Men: #173, 175, 178, 179, 180, 181, 184 and 185. It wasn't until Issue 180 that Storm's internal Conflict REALLY started to Bug her.
    Thanks for the issue numbers I'm going to read them now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I just read Storm #1 and honestly Kitty was getting on my last nerves the whole time and Storm with the constant "who am I to save these kids with my powers? who am I to constantly save the world with my powers? Who am I to pee standing up!?" I'm just not used to her constantly doubting herself.
    Really? I feel like this is something tons of writers always CONSTANTLY have Storm doing. That's why when Ann mentioned it was going to be a feature of this mini I instantly lost all interest and checked out. I want to support Storm but I'm tired of the doubt well all these writers always feel the need to explore with Storm. It's old.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love Ann Nocenti. I did not love this. The tone and writing/dialogue were...overwrought and overdone. She was trying way too hard to get that Claremont 80's sound and feel and failing horribly. She is not Claremont and she really shouldn't try to write like Claremont. And I say that because none of her other written work back then ever read that heavy and tedious. While I get she is just "filling in the gaps" this really did nothing for me, falling flat and insipid. And the art made it even worse.
    I agree, It was awful. Everyone yelling at each other like a bunch of hyperactive lunatic toddlers. Kitty never acted like that, and neither did Storm. This was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    I agree, It was awful. Everyone yelling at each other like a bunch of hyperactive lunatic toddlers. Kitty never acted like that, and neither did Storm. This was a mess.
    I’ve seen scans of Kitty getting cornrows to make Storm mad… please tell me that’s a sick joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Really? I feel like this is something tons of writers always CONSTANTLY have Storm doing. That's why when Ann mentioned it was going to be a feature of this mini I instantly lost all interest and checked out. I want to support Storm but I'm tired of the doubt well all these writers always feel the need to explore with Storm. It's old.
    when she was leader of the X-men during the Inhuman war they, Stiffiled her Leadership Abilities like it was no one's business, she constantly doubted herself during that time it was so bad after the I V X event ended she Stepped down and let Kitty become Leader and or headmistress or both can remember,

, Doubt and the need to be Mother hen to all are really her only "weaknesses" She constantly stresses herself trying to Be everywhere, Hell even in the Storm DLc in Midnight Suns she had the same problem, something happened which was out of her control and she blamed her self for not being there, she is always compressed Between two Things, groups, people which results in her Cracking.

The X-men - or the People of Kenya

The X-men or The Mortlocks

The X-men or her Husband/Wakanda

The x-men or her Sanity/Life etc

But now that she No longer is an X-Man I wonder what she will achieve without such a weight on her shoulders

"Goddess be Praised"