Page 532 of 544 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 8147
    Fantastic Member

I hope Ewing dives deep and gives us the lore and origin of why Ororo’s line is favored by Oshtur and the women have white hair, blue eyes, and magic potential.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

I’m starting to open up about this Craig guy (more attractive Steve Trevor). It’s got me thinking about all of her past beaus and relationships. I love how Ororo has been super selective with her romances and bed partners. Anyone else think she has a 9 inch minimum?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I hope Ewing dives deep and gives us the lore and origin of why Ororo’s line is favored by Oshtur and the women have white hair, blue eyes, and magic potential.
    He'll most likely drop some additional info in context of the story as he's done recently but considering this has more to do with Maggie's resurrection I doubt we'll get as deep a dive into her mystical ancestry as we would like. And personally I would want a Storm solo/limited series to fully explore her mystical heritage where she is the focus of the story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the article also confused Craig Marshall with Blue Marvel but from her esthetic it looksl to be Ashake.
    i didn't see the article but blue marvel appears too. i know them white sideburns from anywhere. Ewing keeps giving.

Also Ororo/Craig. That is one hot looking scene.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He'll most likely drop some additional info in context of the story as he's done recently but considering this has more to do with Maggie's resurrection I doubt we'll get as deep a dive into her mystical ancestry as we would like. And personally I would want a Storm solo/limited series to fully explore her mystical heritage where she is the focus of the story.
    I think we may get all, this is the finale of his X RUN, and the next time he writes about Storm will probably be in 10 years or more.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

The Vishanti also gave Aged Genghis great power and in return for this power, Genghis agreed to summon together the greatest mystics in the world for a tournament to discover the Sorcerer Supreme known as the Trial of the Vishanti. The first mortal to ever held the title was the sorceress Ayesha of Balobedu, ancestor of Ororo Munroe, known as the X-Men member Storm.

Ayesha is a sorceress priestess in the Kingdom of Balobedu during the Hyborian Age, she is a rain queen of Balobelu, Ayesha was a Sorcerer Supreme and an ancestor of Ashake and Ororo Munroe, the Storm.

Balobedu must be one of the Black Kingdoms, as that is the name of equivalent of African continent in the Hyborian Age.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Balobedu must be one of the Black Kingdoms, as that is the name of equivalent of African continent in the Hyborian Age.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobedu_people

There is a real, still existent ethnic group in northeast South Africa called the Lobedu or Balobedu. They still have a Rain Queen(Modjadji). The current Modjadji is Her Majesty, Queen Masalanabo II Modjadji VII.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    The Vishanti also gave Aged Genghis great power and in return for this power, Genghis agreed to summon together the greatest mystics in the world for a tournament to discover the Sorcerer Supreme known as the Trial of the Vishanti. The first mortal to ever held the title was the sorceress Ayesha of Balobedu, ancestor of Ororo Munroe, known as the X-Men member Storm.

Ayesha is a sorceress priestess in the Kingdom of Balobedu during the Hyborian Age, she is a rain queen of Balobelu, Ayesha was a Sorcerer Supreme and an ancestor of Ashake and Ororo Munroe, the Storm.

Is that Genghis supposed to be Genghis Kahn or just a fictional character named after him to make it easier for readers to know what to expect from him?

Because it sounds odd to think that a real world person from the 12th century would somehow be involved with characters from the hyborian age which is supposed to be a fictional time period set in a time before recorded history or the kind of time that iron age greek would use for mystical pre-historic times of early civilizations aka. when things like Atlantis existed (roughly 9000 years before Genghis Kahn).
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-26-2023 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Is that Genghis supposed to be Genghis Kahn or just a fictional character named after him to make it easier for readers to know what to expect from him?

Because it sounds odd to think that a real world person from the 12th century would somehow be involved with characters from the hyborian age which is supposed to be a fictional time period set in a time before recorded history or the kind of time that iron age greek would use for mystical pre-historic times of early civilizations aka. when things like Atlantis existed (roughly 9000 years before Genghis Kahn).
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aged_Genghis_(Earth-616)

Yeah, he's not the same as Genghis Khan. Marvel just plays loose and fast with their naming conventions with regard to history. In the same manner, the Balobadu rain queens only go back a few hundred years, not the thousands it would take to get back to the pre-Atlantean Hyborian Age. But it is just comics after all. The writers can take real world influences and remix them to suit their own needs and timetables.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aged_Genghis_(Earth-616)

Yeah, he's not the same as Genghis Khan. Marvel just plays loose and fast with their naming conventions with regard to history. In the same manner, the Balobadu rain queens only go back a few hundred years, not the thousands it would take to get back to the pre-Atlantean Hyborian Age. But it is just comics after all. The writers can take real world influences and remix them to suit their own needs and timetables.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I think we may get all, this is the finale of his X RUN, and the next time he writes about Storm will probably be in 10 years or more.
    I don't know if four issues in a limited series is enough to give us "all" that we want and expect.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I hope that Storm vs. Genesis provides for a decent showing. I want Storm to take ol'gurl down for good. Tbh, Genesis really doesn't do it for me as a villain. I find her to be rather boring and easily forgettable. Storm deserves a more worthy foe.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Also, this look needs to be made into 6'' Marvel Legends figure ASAP:

Just sayin'...
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope that Storm vs. Genesis provides for a decent showing. I want Storm to take ol'gurl down for good. Tbh, Genesis really doesn't do it for me as a villain. I find her to be rather boring and easily forgettable. Storm deserves a more worthy foe.
    I think if we saw her a conspiring with the council and her forces more ,it would show off more of her cunning. But I think having the helm hijacks her credibility.
    Here's to more Genesis in the future after this run.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Also, this look needs to be made into 6'' Marvel Legends figure ASAP:

Just sayin'...
    By FAR this is Storm's Best Look i've ever seen. I don't know how Marvel will EVER TOP this Look. I LOVE IT !!!!!!!
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.