Page 470 of 544 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 8147
    Fantastic Member

And people like to say she’s a glass cannon. She actually has four different types of defensive powers. She can either create an Ice shield, Heat shield, EM shield, or Air Pressure shield.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Fantastic Member

Another thing, you know how her powers are supposed to give her immunity from weather effects? I wonder if she can also adapt to the environmental factors of any planet. For example it rains sulfuric acid on Venus. Would she then adapt and become immune to sulfuric acid. Sort of like Darwins powers?
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    And people like to say she’s a glass cannon. She actually has four different types of defensive powers. She can either create an Ice shield, Heat shield, EM shield, or Air Pressure shield.

I'm starting to think they "elect" who is a glass cannon and who isn't by their Physical durability, not their defensive capability, cause Jean was also a Glass cannon for a time Yet, she has one the best powers for Defence, so if you have crazy Op powers but didn't have super strength and durability you were a Glass cannon, which is incredibly dumb given they can defend themselves and others and a lot of times more efficiently than a "Tank"

"Goddess be Praised"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not reading that out of continuity mess. How is Scott fighting when he's currently blinded and being tortured in Stasis' prison? No. This event is not relevant nor is it worth my money or time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I think Comic Book Readers need to realize is this.

Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman, Polaris and Storm. These Woman ARE Glass Cannons. Just because these Women can throw up Force Fields still does NOT take away the fact that these Woman can get knocked the Fuck out. LOL

None of these Woman can take a Full on Punch to the Face from Colossus or Juggernaut or the Hulk or The Thing or anyone that's a 50-100 toner. That's Fact. But, people do not want to acknowledge that because as long as you can make a Force Field it doesn't matter. But, on the contrary it does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Another thing, you know how her powers are supposed to give her immunity from weather effects? I wonder if she can also adapt to the environmental factors of any planet. For example it rains sulfuric acid on Venus. Would she then adapt and become immune to sulfuric acid. Sort of like Darwins powers?
    Actually, she can.

As, you know given whatever Environment Storm is in her Powers do change and adapt. In Storm's Very First Solo Storm Issue#2 (1996) by Warren Ellis. She was throw onto an Alien Planet and Storm states that it takes a Few Minutes to be a attuned to a New Environment. On that planet she was marooned on it started to rain Acid. Because Storm wasn't fully attuned to the Planet just yet the Acid Rain that fell on Storm felt "itchy".

But, yes she can be Immune to it it just takes a time.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 08-09-2023 at 11:07 AM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I think Comic Book Readers need to realize is this.

Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman, Polaris and Storm. These Woman ARE Glass Cannons. Just because these Women can throw up Force Fields still does NOT take away the fact that these Woman can get knocked the Fuck out. LOL

None of these Woman can take a Full on Punch to the Face from Colossus or Juggernaut or the Hulk or The Thing or anyone that's a 50-100 toner. That's Fact. But, people do not want to acknowledge that because as long as you can make a Force Field it doesn't matter. But, on the contrary it does matter.

Actually, she can.

As, you know given whatever Environment Storm is in her Powers do change and adapt. In Storm's Very First Solo Storm Issue#2 (1996) by Warren Ellis. She was throw onto an Alien Planet and Storm states that it takes a Few Minutes to be a attuned to a New Environment. On that planet she was marooned on it started to rain Acid. Because Storm wasn't fully attuned to the Planet just yet the Acid Rain that fell on Storm felt "itchy".

But, yes she can be Immune to it it just takes a time.
    I don't disagree 100%, but at the end of the day Storm is still human. She's actually not like Darwin who can morph to fit whatever is thrown his way. Even in the instance you mentioned, it was made clear that the rain would kill her. Her not being totally in-tune with the planet/weather systems didn't do anything to impede her resistance, just her ability to actually do anything about the storm itself.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I don't disagree 100%, but at the end of the day Storm is still human. She's actually not like Darwin who can morph to fit whatever is thrown his way. Even in the instance you mentioned, it was made clear that the rain would kill her. Her not being totally in-tune with the planet/weather systems didn't do anything to impede her resistance, just her ability to actually do anything about the storm itself.
    Exactly.
    And that's only because she wasn't yet attuned to the Weather of that Planet....yet. She needed more time, and she didn't have that which is why she was running to hide.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    lol that is hilarious. Orphan sibs for life. "Scott, you KNOW i'ma peaceful bish"

"for the sake of this conversation." lmao! Scott know Storm be waiting to lay them hands on the right one. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol that is hilarious. Orphan sibs for life. "Scott, you KNOW i'ma peaceful bish"

"for the sake of this conversation." lmao! Scott know Storm be waiting to lay them hands on the right one. lol
    Agreed! This had me cracking the f$&@ up! This needs to be there energy once this event ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed! This had me cracking the f$&@ up! This needs to be there energy once this event ends.
    Yes Please! Scott and Storm leading a we kicking orichis out of sol team would be a dream. If Ewing was writing it it would just be epic.

but pleeeeeeeease not Gillien. I just can't. It would be hard to shift from him creating all this plots without actually in my opinion being fair to the story and all sides in it and then using that same thing to now flip the script and be like "it was all bad! it was all evil! these x-men badass" when he should have showed pieces of that the entire time but did not. It's the same reason i can't take any of the bendis hate when he wrote the x-books for wanda seriously because it was like "dude, you did that s#(#! stop acting brand new"
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-09-2023 at 06:38 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah, if the cause of the fight between Storm and Iron Man is anything like between Spidey and Logan, it really won't matter. In fact I think it may be best for Storm to "lose"...
    The Spiderman vs Wolverine fight nearly mirrors the infamous Magneto vs Ironman fight. Spiderman senses a distance in the force like Magneto did and gets punched lol well swiped but you get the point... he basically throws the fight.

I agree in wanting her to loose but I want it to be on her terms, I'd like her to be able to sense magical influence and fight it.
    Last edited by The Regent; 08-10-2023 at 12:37 AM.

Another boring and stupid event. If Storm needs to be defeated to get out of this thing as soon as possible, so be it!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Waiting for the preview of XMR#14, the last issue feels like a year ago.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Another boring and stupid event. If Storm needs to be defeated to get out of this thing as soon as possible, so be it!
    What do you mean?
    I’m eagerly anticipating for Storm to beat the $hit out of Apocalypse’s baby momma and her traitor sister.