Page 158 of 544 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 8147

Yall please help me cause it seems I am dumb... can someone please explain what exactly a dominion is because I keep forgetting. I know a dominion is a phallanx? That the only powers that can threaten it is the pheonix and galactus? And that it is something more profound than a god?
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yall please help me cause it seems I am dumb... can someone please explain what exactly a dominion is because I keep forgetting. I know a dominion is a phallanx? That the only powers that can threaten it is the pheonix and galactus? And that it is something more profound than a god?

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Remember when storm broke the crimson bands of cyttorakk.
    Yes, and everyone had a FIT that Storm shouldn't be able to do that. When actually it made perfect sense.

Yeah, I was at War with about 4 Posters that Day. Glorious Battle. :-) But, I Won in the END.

Don't feel dumb, the Dominion piece of Hickman's work has been the toughest part for me to fully understand.

Daedra, those scans are great reminders and very helpful. Thank you!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Don't feel dumb, the Dominion piece of Hickman's work has been the toughest part for me to fully understand.

Daedra, those scans are great reminders and very helpful. Thank you!
    You are welcome, to be honest I did not know how else to help because I’m not sure I fully grasp the concept myself
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

A dominion is a series of 10 god beings maintaining a space across time and space. They are transcendent guardians or evolved beings that exist beyond and through temporal and dimensional confines, think the vishanti or beyonders or the q continuum or the 5th dimensional imps.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 01-27-2023 at 08:43 AM.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

For anyone interested, I did a couple of threads on twitter about the potential for omegas to evolve and transcend to a point where they're capable of ending/creating universes and becoming the new Abstracts of the next universe, and kinda went into how the Phalanx & Sinister are trying to become Titans & then Dominions in their own ways, while omegas have evolution-bestowed cheat codes for transcending into Titans and then from there connecting as Dominions on their WAY to evolving into Abstracts. This goes back to the initial introduction of the omega concept in X-Men Forever, which proposed the implication that the Celestials deliberately seeded and manipulated life on multiple worlds in attempts to evolve a species capable of becoming what omegas are....potential baby Abstracts.

Which could also loop into why Dominions and those they control, like the Phalanx, see mutantkind as an actual threat, because as vast and powerful as they are, mutantkind in the form of its omegas have the potential to reach an equivalent level of being...as individuals....and keep evolving PAST what the Dominions themselves are, all the way up the entity ladder to Abstract status. Limitless evolution.

Also note that per the last scan Daedra included, the only forces other than the Abstracts that Dominions actually fear are Galactus and the Phoenix....and in Hickman's Inferno, mutants channeling the power or aid of the Phoenix via the Phoenix Blade wielded by the Child of the Sun....that's what destroyed the last of the machine Titans in Omega Sentinel's future, which make up the ranks of the Dominions. And if you go with the theory that Jean and the Phoenix have always been one and the same, and the Phoenix is just the furthest existing evolution of Jean, so vast in consciousness it transcends time & space & thus can be Jean inhabiting all Phoenix avatars throughout existence, including her own original human form.....that's why the Dominions fear the Phoenix....its not QUITE an Abstract YET - there could still be something beyond the Phoenix as it exists now - but it IS an omega who has already evolved past the point and power of the Dominions and is to them what Dominions are to Titans and what Titans are to most physical species.

Anyway, here's the first thread, started as how Bobby, Lactuca, Jean and Ororo could be all you need to create a new universe someday in the distant future:

https://twitter.com/omegaiceicebaby/...90261620314113

And it continues here, with the rest of the circuit:

https://twitter.com/BonnieStorm9/sta...71309154762754

And then a lot of it (especially stuff about how Storm's consciousness isn't dependent on her physicality, which is the basis of all these omegas being able to transcend/evolve into Titans and from there Dominions) continues in this thread which was my idea for omegas all having a correlating plane of existence that embodies the fullness of their power or that they're a conduit for, just like Jean and the Phoenix have the White Hot Room, and how Genesis could connect all these planes in the form of an Okkaran World Tree that's like the Asgardian World Tree - which leads to the Ten Realms - only the Okkaran World Tree would be full of gateways that lead to the various realms of transcended omegas, like the White Hot Room, the Lifelakes (my idea for Bobby's), the Foreverstorm (my idea for Ororo's) and the Fields of Fortune (my idea for Isca's).

https://twitter.com/omegaiceicebaby/...30683311132673

I DID use the wrong terminology in those threads since more accurately each omega has cheat codes not for evolving into Dominions per se...but Titans, which are still transcendental beings outside of space/time. Dominions, per the above scans, are an accumulation of Titans....BUT.

Here's the really interesting part, and linked to the communal nature of mutants in this era:

Dominions are created by conquest. They're what happens when these machine Titans go after each other and attempt to assimilate each OTHER'S vast consciousnesses as kinda...vassals to the central Titan of what then becomes a Dominion - much like the Phalanx on a smaller scale assimilate the consciousnesses/intellects/civilizations of individual worlds.

But mutant Titans wouldn't be collectives, they'd be individuals, capable of evolving to a state of such vast consciousness on their own. And just like the omegas in their current, physical forms can and do pool their powers to do things like terraform Mars, or the various interactions of the Great Ring omegas....mutant Titans wouldn't have to - or necessarily even want to - subjugate each other's intellects/consciousnesses to add them to their own, or under their control, in order to form a linked Dominion.

Basically...while mutants can evolve to Titan status just like the machine Titans....they wouldn't necessarily evolve to Dominion status because Dominion isn't the right word for what a connected network of omega Titans would be, or how they'd work or interact.

A group of ten or more omega Titans connected to be what a machine Dominion is....would be called exactly what it was called when a group of ten or more omegas connected to create the first mutant homeworld:

A Circuit.

Y'know, like the one that prompted this train of thought for me, a Circuit of Ororo, Bobby, Jean & Lactuca, who could form whole universes and transcend this one to become the Abstracts of that one.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-27-2023 at 09:56 AM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

LOL I just saw that on Twitter. The Internet is never defeated.

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah, I meant to mention, the twitter threads are obnoxiously long, but eh. Its me. You guys probably knew they would be. Might be easier to digest in that format though then my usual walls of text, hopefully.

Somebody remind me later to expand on why the Storm and the Brotherhood covers focusing on Jupiter could potentially be important, as that in and of itself is a possible way for Storm to omega-evolve to mutant Titan status:

Jupiter is basically the biggest a planet can get - even as a gas giant instead of a rock planet - without collapsing under its own super-density into a black hole.

Pressure feats can fuck with atmospheric density.

Jupiter has a giant storm called the Great Red Spot that looks like that giant red eye on the planet but is actually a storm that's been going for at least four hundred years and is several times the size of Earth.

Storm, per my above threads, doesn't need physicality but upon her material body dying could just moor her consciousness to any atmospheric medium or weather phenomena and proceed to exist without it.

Storm dying of old age, and her consciousness slipping to the nearest atmosphere - Jupiter's - and from there inhabiting a giant storm several times the size of Earth for the next nine centuries or so, until her people need her, maybe try to resurrect her, but even as they try and bring back a younger Storm they might not realize that the original one has still been there helping and guiding them in subtle ways all along, slowly growing her consciousness, evolving, until in the culmination of Sins of Sinister in Year 1000....she acts....

By using the giant storm that is her consciousness, threaded throughout Jupiter, to use Ewing's signature pressure feats to up the density of Jupiter until it - and her consciousness as part of it - collapses into a black hole, and she transcends into an omega Titan existing outside of time/space (and thus unfettered by any timeline resets, and able to from that point influence events in the 'modern day' even as her earlier physical being continues to grow now in new directions, just like Jean does as a physical entity, while the Phoenix still exists across and throughout time and space as well.)

Or actually don't remind me I guess since I just expanded on it anyway. Whatever.

i always did wonder why Wanda and Ororo were kept away from each other, even before M-day there might have been a few Generic general comments but nothing personal, I've always wanted a classic Mind/Body Switcharoo comic and they swap diadems. they have been sitting on a gold mine for years or maybe they swatted down the writers who tried to give us what we want.. who knows ��_��

"Goddess be Praised"

Astonishing Member

Btw, I edited my post with the twitter links to include one more, the second half of the Bobby/Jean/Lactuca/Ororo circuit with the rest of their parts expanded on, since its probably not easy to find that offshoot from the initial thread:

https://twitter.com/BonnieStorm9/sta...71309154762754

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    LOL I just saw that on Twitter. The Internet is never defeated.
    LOL I am loving this hype of the 2 meeting so far, you can count on the positive internet & social media fans that when they see someone or a parring in comics they like they make their voices heard. It is voices of the fans I am loving to hear, a support for these two to get together finally, having fans backing it is a desire I hoped one day to happen.

I am happy to see Storm fans excited about this parting too!

Marvel seems to be trying, abit to make these things happen, so hopefully this story hits well and we see more parring between the two Goddesses in future stories.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    i always did wonder why Wanda and Ororo were kept away from each other, even before M-day there might have been a few Generic general comments but nothing personal, I've always wanted a classic Mind/Body Switcharoo comic and they swap diadems. they have been sitting on a gold mine for years or maybe they swatted down the writers who tried to give us what we want.. who knows ��_��

I am happy to hear you where wondering to Typhoon why they have held off on this parring/meeting & at the very least having a talk with each other for so long too.

Honestly IMO Wanda is a daughter both both the X-Men side of Marvel as well as the Avengers side, out of many characters Wanda would make the most sense to have more crossover possibilities then most other characters. But like you said Marvel editors just never for decades hit on this like so many other possibilities.

It is indeed a Goldmine with how much the characters have both similarities & challenges they have had to overcome as well as their positions in the current state of the 616 universes puts them both on Goddesses tiers for reasons both fandoms can back-up.

The good thing is both ladies present state and the trails they have both gone threw to earn these places are amazing and will just make this new era meeting all the more lovely and hopefully make fans like we are seeing now already on the net push for more to them together! :-)

Also I like your creative ideas for stories they can have Typhoon.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!